Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Bus/Taxi Transfers
436 Posts
You can prebook a licenced airport taxi here:

http://www.alicanteairporttransfer.net

Don't use a bloke with a car AKA a pirate
Try David at http://www.costablancaprivatetransfers.com
The best in the business. Great service and a very decent bloke. I would never use anyone else.
Fuzzy Fell wrote:
Try David at http://www.costablancaprivatetransfers.com
The best in the business. Great service and a very decent bloke. I would never use anyone else.

I'll second that. :tup
David is unavailable for this coming tuesday,a bit short notice i agree but we need a reliable taxi service to benidorm and having searched the forum i was hoping to get a recent recommendation for me and the missus.
Are prestige tours still running ? We would prefer a taxi but would settle for a minibus if we had to.
Some of the info about transfres is a few years old so just checking to see if it up to date

I will be arriving early February and have arranged a shuttle transfer with Travel Republic with A2B transfers

Can anyone advise how to get to the bus after I have picked up my luggage

Thanks
you should have a form from Travel Republic to print off with the instructions of where to go, we always use T/R and the instructions are with all the other booking info.
hope this helps
Margaret(madmum) :tup
At Alicante you go down to the -2 level where the buses are. Your instructions probably tell you to go to the Abas Costa Blanca desk where they will tell they which stance your bus is at.

There can be a lot of drop offs with A2B in Benidorm. We were going to be the 15th drop off so we told the driver we would get off at the Grand Bali and got a taxi from there.
best to get the lift down to - 2 level.so soon as you get out of lift the desks are there on the rightside wall.depends which hotel you are in.but some print a day before on the desk pick up times for return.others don;t so you will have to phone them up with number given 24hrs before.be outside atp or hotel for bus.don;t wait inside hotel or driver and others on board will not like the wait.
I'm thinking of booking 4 flights with airmiles Gatwick to Alicante, but will need to hire a car. BA are giving me the opportunity to book a Seat Leon for £220 for seven days via AVIS at the same time as booking the flights.

Does anyone know if this is an OK price for a weeks car hire ? Last two years I have been with James Villas who have thrown in basic car hire for free although you still get charged an extortionate amount for a tank of petrol and 6 euros a day top up insurance. However assume that will be the same with AVIS anyway.

Any comments or prior knowledge on this welcome. James villas seemed to use SIXT (might have spelt that wrong) I'm not fused what company really as long as they are reputable.
We rented a Renault Clio 4 door hatchback from Centauro at Alicante airport for 3 weeks over xmas and new year for £180. That's £60 per week. With the same company last April, we paid £215 for 2 weeks for a Ford Focus Estate Diesel. Obviously it gets more expensive in high season so not sure how that compares with the £220 you've been quoted for Avis. We've used SIXT in the past, they were good but more expensive than Centauro.

I'd definitely shop around if I were you.
Thank you very much for the feedback it's all helpful, I will do some more searches, I am thinking that the deals that BA broker with AVIS many not necessarily be the most competative although as you have said I need to take account of it being in peak season, with presumably high demand. I will take a look at centauro as I hadn't heard if them.
I was in Benidorm last week and I booked my transfer from Alicante airport to Benidorm with Transwordhotel.com and I haven't any problem. Perfect service and closed prices.
If you want to check and compare several airport transfer agents use cabissimo.com, you will find lots of agents with different prices for the same service
I booked my benidorm transfers with Transworldhotel.com without problems. no hidden cost, no extra cost. Quality service.
I used alicante airport taxi in September 2018. Waiting for us as planned when we arrived in Alicante, the company even telephoned us the day before our trip as our flight number didn’t match the arrival time I mistakenly added! They amended the booking due to my error and the driver who met us was polite and efficient.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.