Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi Kiltman

We visited Gozo about 3 years ago, got to admit we were not impressed. I think though to be fair it was one of those trips were things from the start did not just go right and then it went from there. Wife got food poisoning on the first night out - bad luck to be fair, as my food was great.

I have to admit that I did think it was culturally a nice place, but because of the food poisoning, the hotel we had and the weather was a bit of a pants holiday.

Out of interest, what makes you go back after all this time?

G
Sorry to hear that, food poisoning ruins a holiday and it does put you off.

Was it a winter sun holiday? the weather can be hit or miss from October - April, not much to do if the weather is poor, particularly on Gozo. Hotels can be a nightmare there and I always recommend that you go for the highest rating possible that you can, there are some lovely hotels and farmhouses however there are some terrible hotels, I know we have been in some.

We have seen many changes over the years, some for the better sadly many not so much so. Over the years particularly since we started staying in Marsaxlokk we have made many friends who are locals and stay there, although we travel to different countries each year we always fit in Malta and to both of us it feels like home.

We always go out and explore different places, this could just be choosing a village we have never been or even just jumping on a random bus and getting off somewhere we haven't been.
Hi Graham you have great taste in loving Malta so much, I know the villages very well, which are your favourites and why ?🇲🇹
On 2nd February 2017 at 11:47pm, Goddard1 said:
Hi Kiltman
What was it gave your wife food poisoning ? and where in Ghawdex was it ?, personally I think it important we know such things, your poor wife things such as food poisoning are horrendous and instantly ruin a holiday as all one wants to do is be at home in ones own bed, it was a real shame as Ghawdex is really beautiful with fascinating history and architecture as is Malta of course, I can't vouch for Filfla though 💣💥😂🇲🇹
We visited Gozo about 3 years ago, got to admit we were not impressed. I think though to be fair it was one of those trips were things from the start did not just go right and then it went from there. Wife got food poisoning on the first night out - bad luck to be fair, as my food was great.

I have to admit that I did think it was culturally a nice place, but because of the food poisoning, the hotel we had and the weather was a bit of a pants holiday.

Out of interest, what makes you go back after all this time?

G
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.