Holiday Advice

Holiday Advice From HolidayTruths Admins
Hi :welcome to the forums.

There's lots to choose from so what are your holiday preferences & we can try & help you decide where may suit you best? It's not only countries to take into account but the perfect resort within that country. 👍
hi,

just do no choose Africa! I Went to Morocco in May and nearly melted so I don't wan't to think what will happen in summer. How can you walk around, make some sightseeing if you simply evaporate? I guess avoid big cities in general. Especially in the South of Europe, which is really interesting, but again weather is the same problem. I did it a few times. Even leather shoes wipe your feet, you are all sweaty and sticky, and you have to climb the stairs, stay in the sun...
I think better choose:
- a mountain area- it's colder, landscape is amazing, you can climb, admire nature is silence and relax
- central or eastern Europe
- somewhere close to any sea. Avoid popular cities which are overcrowded, both on the beach and in the city. And if there is a free museums day there is tragedy
- I guess if you want to swim and sunbathe it's good to choose September- the water is still hot after the summer and there are less people everywhere
- Think about Great Britain, Scandinavia, Slavic countries... That's my advice for summer. A lot of attractions and it's simply cheap :)
I advise you to go to Thailand. It's very cheap there and you can see a lot of good things there. If you enjoy being on the beach, then you can't go wrong with Thailand. The only downside is that June - September is a green season when there is a lot of rain and high humidity. Anyway, you will get many sunny days too and the beaches won't be packed with the tourists as it's not a tourist season there.

Another, but more expensive alternative is East Coast of America. I've spent 3 months in Cape May, NJ - such a beautiful place with the soul and long beaches. You will like it a lot. This place is packed with the restaurants and many others things to do. The only thing that I would advise you is to get a tent for the beach because you will spare a lot of money on the beach.
Some areas of Thailand are better than others in the summer. I have been to Koh Samui and Hua Hin several times in July and August. Both will see some rain- in Koh Samui it always seemed to be early evening rain. In Hua Hin it seemed to be midday rain. We also went to Chiang Mai- which can have a lot of rain- but we only saw it for an hour- but very, very humid. Loved it though. I always spend time in Bangkok- good whatever the weather.
If you want to go even further afield- Bali is lovely.
Barbados- have been a couple of times in July. Expect some rain but it won't spoil things.
Of course there are limitless choices within Europe.
It's winter in the southern hemisphere in our mid summer so many long haul destinations will be having cooler temperatures.
Bulgaria is a hidden gem and a place which is waiting to be explored. The destination is picturesque with the amazing combination of mountains, black sand beaches, and bustling cosmopolitan cities. It is one of the cheapest holiday destinations in Europe. It is booming high for its Black Sea resorts. Don’t miss the Nessebar, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Sun-seekers may head to Black Sea coast; it is a great spot to fulfill your budget tour.
A golden triangle trip is ideal for those who are short on time but want to visit the three most iconic cities of Northern India.Delhi, Agra and Jaipur are the most popular tourist circuit in the country and known for the extraordinary amount of culture and history on offer in each of the three cities. The tour gets its name from the triangle that these cities form.
  • Edited by Fiona 2017-06-27 11:01:34
But you have to contend with the monsoon and extremely hot temperatures in Summer in India, not exactly the best time of year to visit the Golden triangle.
I realise this forum might be a little dead haha, but I went on this Mallorca Mountains walking holiday last year and really enjoyed it. A lot of the destinations above are quite exotic, does anyone have any recommendations for slightly cheaper holidays, probably in Europe?
According to my personal experiencing Morocco is the best country for spending Holidays I am great a passionate travel that is why I a going to suggest you spend your precious time with your family or friends in Morocco enjoyed a lot Of my Morocco holidays.
Spanish Islands, Greek Islands, Turkey Coastal region – Turkish Riviera, Malta and Morocco are extremely popular for Summer Holidays. The beaches are magnificent, they offer most stunning views and great recreation
for families.

Mainland Spain andislands are truly fantastic places to discover. Tenerife, Ibiza, Fuerteventura
and numerous other islands are a popular choice with pleasure seekers. There
are plenty of attractions to discover.
"does anyone have any recommendations for slightly cheaper holidays, probably in Europe?"

It all depends what you want from a holiday.

Be a good idea to post your likes and dislikes, budget, time of year, do you want a direct flight etc..
You can go to Granada, Spain. It's very beautiful in summers.
Hii dear,

Cuba is the most beautiful place to spend holiday is summer.I suggest you visit Cuba and see the beauty of environment and many amazing views of Cuba.Enjoy your holiday dear.
Choosing the right country for the summer holidays depends on individual preferences and interests. Here are a few popular destinations known for their appeal during the summer months:
[*]Italy: With its stunning coastline, historic cities, and delicious cuisine, Italy offers a diverse range of experiences. You can explore cities like Rome, Florence, and Venice. You can relax on the Amalfi Coast beaches, or visit the picturesque lakes of Como and Garda.
[/*][*]Greece: Known for its beautiful islands, Greece is a paradise for summer vacations. Santorini, Mykonos, and Crete are popular choices with their crystal-clear waters, white-washed buildings, and rich history. You can enjoy beach hopping, island hopping, and Greek cuisine.
[/*][*]Spain: Spain offers vibrant cities, sunny beaches, and cultural attractions. Barcelona, Madrid, and Seville are known for their architecture, museums, and nightlife. The coastal regions of Costa del Sol and Costa Brava are perfect for beach lovers.
[/*][*]Croatia: Croatia's Adriatic coastline is renowned for its stunning beaches and charming towns. Dubrovnik, Split, and Hvar are among the top destinations. You can explore historic sites, visit national parks like Plitvice Lakes, and sail in the azure waters.
[/*][*]Thailand: While it is the rainy season in Thailand during the summer, it can still be an excellent destination. The southern islands like Phuket, Koh Samui, and Krabi offer beautiful beaches, water activities, and vibrant nightlife. In the north, cities like Chiang Mai provide cultural experiences and lush landscapes.
[/*]These are just a few examples, and there are many other countries and regions that offer fantastic summer holiday experiences. It's imperative to consider factors like weather, activities, budgets, and personal preferences when making a decision.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.