Travel News

A place to discuss news related to the travel industry
Always been a lot of negative press regarding Goldcar on various forums & they don't fair well in this article.

Especially "Several companies were found to charge excessive fees for a vehicle returned without a full tank. Goldcar, for example, demands €50 on top of the price of fuel" 😱
I usually use a local company when I rent a car in Lanzarote although I've used Avis there when booking a flight and car package and they were really good too , in fact if you fill up at the station at the airport entrance and show your Avis key fob they give you a discount ! They do try to sell you extra insurance but I decline it as I have a car hire policy which costs £40 annually , so if you have a problem you just pay at the time with a credit card and claim on your policy and they can argue the toss with the rental company , but on both occasions I've used Avis there I've had no problems or hassle , I've just booked Autoreisen for this November break and they were 78 euros for 7 days hire .
In Canarias.com we don't charge any hidden fees, besides you get a full insurance without excess for basic models, flexible fuel policy, free cancellation and discounts for local attractions when renting a car with us. You can pick up your car in one of our 30 offices around Tenerife island, get it for free in the airport or we bring you to our nearest office from your hotel at no charge. Check our deals and conditions at https://rentacar.canarias.com/en/. If you have any questions, we will be glad to give you more detailed information.
I am satisfied with the conditions https://redcatcars.com/ . We have been using this car rental service for some time, quickly, simply and inexpensively
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.