Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We always go to beleck very upmarket hotels. We have stayed in the Xanadu resort hotel a few times and last year we stayed in the Rixos Premium , this was our second visit . We always go 5* ultra AI so we have the use of quite a few alacartes to eat out in for the evening meal.
We have stayed at the Delphin Palace in Laura Beach, not so quiet as the other hotels but great for younger children , as they had a fun fair.
  • Edited by wendywu 2018-01-04 23:31:49
Hi, personally I would Recomend Icmeler near Marmaris. My reasons for that are that there’s something there for all tastes. Nice beach and prom with cycle lane that goes all the way to the busy town of Marmaris. There’s a noisy busy part of Icmeler and the quiet old village. There are cats but they have mostly been adopted neutered by local cat charities. My opinion is also based on general opinion formed by the popularity of resort forums that are İçmeler related. The choice of hotels is huge but I can’t really come to because I don’t stay in hotels.
Any hotel in Lara is high quality.
We went tot Titanic Beach resort, loveley.
After our stay we also went a few days to a small Turkish town and stayed in a wonderfull bungalow. Not touristic, surrounded by mountains and nature. It was great to also experience tipically turkish life. www.tefennivillas.com
It is about 1.5 hour drive from Antalya.
It is close to wonderfull siteseeings for example: Pamukkale, Salda Lake and Kybria Antique city.
We had a wonderfull time!
On 4th January 2018 at 11:29pm, wendywu said:
We always go to beleck very upmarket hotels. We have stayed in the Xanadu resort hotel a few times and last year we stayed in the Rixos Premium , this was our second visit . We always go 5* ultra AI so we have the use of quite a few alacartes to eat out in for the evening meal.
We have stayed at the Delphin Palace in Laura Beach, not so quiet as the other hotels but great for younger children , as they had a fun fair.
On 18th July 2019 at 10:45pm, bimsbims1 said:
On 4th January 2018 at 11:29pm, wendywu said:
hello how did you find the rixos? food, entertainment etc ? Thanks been looking for a nice al inclusive without breaking the bank for me its good food and kids entertainment really. thanks kids are 6,11, and 13 years old. i am planning to visit October this year and afraid to pay so much if i can get better ? is it worth it? food wise as my kids have very picky palates unfortunately., however we have been to a Turkish restaurant in London and loved the rice and meats etc
On 18th July 2019 at 10:51pm, bimsbims1 said:
hello how did you find the rixos? food, entertainment etc ? Thanks been looking for a nice al inclusive without breaking the bank for me its good food and kids entertainment really. thanks kids are 6,11, and 13 years old. i am planning to visit October this year and afraid to pay so much if i can get better ? is it worth it? food wise as my kids have very picky palates unfortunately., however we have been to a Turkish restaurant in London and loved the rice and meats etc
We have a review from 3 months ago for the Rixos Premium as mentioned by the previous poster Here
The Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay near Bodrum is a luxurious relaxing resort with a private beach on the Aegean Sea. It offers activities not found at other Turkish Riviera resorts, such as a sailing school and diving classes. Guests also can take a catamaran ride, go windsurfing, or hike or bike in the surrounding hills. The Kempinski offers a kids club for when kids and parents want a much-needed break from each other. The hotel also pampers pets with their own beds and special treats.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.