General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
I joined with this user name in 2006 but had been a member for at least a couple of years before that under another one that I could suddenly no longer sign in with due to a glitch. And no, I hadn't been banned under the old one! :)

Aslemma who has recently died was very helpful back in those days when I was also a regular visitor to Tunisia. Since then other members were very helpful when I was looking at cruising for the first time. I used to make lots of posts on the Cuba forum offering help to others but it seems to have become very quiet in recent years - I'm not sure whether this is because Cuba is no longer a popular destination or simply a reflection of the fact that HT as a whole is now much quieter.
Joined in the very early days I think about 2001 just after I got a computer. I was looking online for holidays and browsing came across HT and signed up.
Actually I much preferred the old HT board. Like some others it said "Joined 1974" which was actually gefore we had an internet to play with.
Just wish we could get the old buzz back.
  • Edited by fwh 2018-01-21 20:54:50
I joined in May 2009, and my enquiry was about a flight in Thomson Flight section.
This has made me feel old. I must have joined in 2000 or early 2001 as we had a holiday booked in the original "holiday from hell" hotel and were not sure of our options. The holiday watchdog lady was around then and advised us to cancel, but we made contact with another HT member who was going a few weeks before us. He gave us some good advice when he got back, which we took. We had a fantastic holiday, the hotel even arranged transport for us to watch England beat Germany 5-1 in a different hotel (there were about 27 of us). Apparently two weeks after we returned home, most of the new guests ended up in hospital on drips!
I used to spend a lot of time watching the user chat forums, it was a much better community than TA, but then everyone left and went somewhere else so the community changed.
We don't do so many holidays now so I haven't been back much, but it is a shame as most of the "latest" posts seem to be years old.
July 2004! so quite a long time. Only just recently logged back in. the site is so different to wht i remember xx
2006!! How the time flies. First post was in the defunct 'restaurant recommendations'. Quite liked that thread, maybe it could be resurrected?
Since about 2004, not been on here for a while, getting on a bit, my wife and I at into our eighties now. Still travelling though we have Kefalonia, Goa and Sydney boohed already fbetween now and next February, Use I or loose it!
gramps
It's great to see everyone again 👍👍👍
Quite right gramps!
Mucho admiration gramps!!
We are into the latter half of our 60s and already have cut down our travels. Health issues are getting harder to manage - and the enthusiasm for sitting in cramped seats on a plane for upwards of 5 hours is definitely waning, however beautiful the end result might be!
Seem to remember having to rejoin around 2004. Remember Sanji, Brewerdave and Fiona well.
Good to see you back! Are you still going to Greece?
Yes Greece is still our no.1 destination in summer.
Chios and Ikaria next month makes it 52 islands and the Peloponnese has taken 4 trips so far with more to see.
That's amazing! You must stick around here and be our Greek expert!
some very familiar names on here. Glad alot of you are still members!
Since 2002 when the Turkey adventures started. I remember there used to be hundreds of posts daily for Turkey and Goa too. I always see the years around that time as the peak for HT, it was very informative and helpful. I think John Toohey was permanently attached to his PC around then.
ah- the days before facebook!
I joined very early on, probably about 2000, but the forum says 2005. That’s because Glynis accidentally deleted my account in 2005 ( no I don’t know what she was up to either ) :-D and I had to rejoin under the same name. Been around ever since, but don’t look in very often nowadays, still don’t like the lack of the promised genuine “ view latest posts” link.
  • Edited by Frank 2018-05-23 12:02:14
I can't remember deleting your account Frank 😂 Sorry ♥️
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.