Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
My in-laws had to cancel a holiday a couple of years ago due to my father-in-law's mental health deteriorating. His insurance paid out because it had been previously declared on the policy but my mother-in-law was relying on the insurance that they have as part of their bank account and it didn't pay out as she hadn't declared the circumstances. For years we had to fight them to get insurance because they worked on the basis that their E111/EHIC was sufficient for Europe.
I had the same issues with Love Holidays last year. Booked to go in April 17 confirmation says July 17 spoke to Love Holidays and they said I had put these date in. I paid by credit card and fortunately I got my money back.
My credit card has been hacked and i can't seem to make them understand what has happened as i did not book a holiday with them on a monthly basis to Tunisia in fact i have and would never use them ever especially after reading all these reviews as they are really unhelpful and a bit like the gestapo attititude as they do not believe me!!!
The credit card company at least do and i have sent e mails with the proof from the credit card ,which of course has been cancelled all a terrible inconvenience as i go to Bali on Monday i hasten to add nothing to do with them thank Goodness!!!I will keep you updated as to the outcome with their bully boy tactics and relentless e mails!!
Totally disgusted with this company and their customer relations ,left on hold for ages and then cut off so be warned folks and think again!!
What a terrible stress it has caused and now they are asking for the emails from my bank?Do they not read the news as banks do not e mail you ever!!!
So upset to go away with this hanging over me all they want is the booking fee cancellation fee which since i did not book it i am not paying and the bank has refunded me,thank goodness they know what they are doing as this company don't give a damn!!!
Victoria
I had a similar problem with a brand new card being used to book a luxury hotel in England. However, the credit card company dealt with it. The balance remained on my account for a couple of days till they investigated. Then it was zeroed. It was not up to the hotel. In fact I was told not to contact the hotel and let them deal with it. Same should be the case with you. Just to make sure- has the bank sorted out ALL the money taken?
If you have another c.c make sure you tell them you are going to Bali. We were on a day trip round the jewellery and craft areas and right in the back of beyond buying jewellery when the transaction was denied . Not enough money with us to pay. We had made several purchases in quick succession so possible fraud was flagged up. ( unbelievably they insisted we take the purchase away and they sent someone to our hotel to collect payment)
Would love to hear about your Bali trip but better on the Far East forum of course I have been 4 times- love it
I keep posting this.

Contact Trading Standards

https://www.tradingstandards.uk/

All these companies will continue to ignore you and rip you off. Whilst
we can use our expertise gathered over many years helping people on HT
Trading Standards have teeth. Think of them as the Mafia who can send
Luigi and the boys round.
This was our 3rd Love Holiday experience, we have previously found the service good. On this occasion we arrived to Rome airport to wait for over an hour and our private transfer, that we booked and paid £91 for, this failed to arrive. We contacted the provider who was rude and aggressive and were left stranded at Rome airport, we were therefore left without an option but to pay for a taxi to our resort, so in essence paying twice plus having unnecessary stress at the start of a holiday.

We contacted the complaints team over a moth ago, and ever since almost on a daily basis, still not yet to have this issue resolved, we have requested a refund for the £91 paid for the transfer and i am still yet to even have an answer. There aftercare/complaints team have been horrendous and as such we will be cancelling our already booked Christmas break with them and will never book with them again, surely customer service is at the helm of a company like this? We are saddened by their behaviour, no care for their customers and i would recommend NOT using them as if anything is to go wrong they will not help or resolve the problem.
I willl refer you to my post above yours. The treatment you have received is not acceptable.

Simply deciding not to to use them again leaves them free to do the same again to others. Why should you be out of pocket? £91 is a lot of money just to ignore.
On 29th July 2014 at 09:17pm, ryan23986 said:
Hi, I am really appalled by Love Holidays, we booked a holiday with them in February of this year, we are due to fly a week today (5th August) to Hurghada Egypt. We went onto Monarch to book flight extras, seats etc.Our flight date then appears 8th of August! We contacted Love Holidays straight away, and initially they said they notified us in April of the flight change, they then proceeded to say they never even knew about the flight change! (a different advisor) They are now telling us the best flight they can offer us is the 8th of August (almost 4 days into our booked holiday) We have said this not acceptable, and in the conversation they must have said 3 or 4 times ''So are you ok with flying on the 8th" NO! I have contacted Monarch directly and they have said the flight was cancelled and there is a flight from an alternate airport on this day (from Manchester). I then told Love Holidays this and they said ''The manager is due to go home in 20 minutes and is very busy she will call you tomorrow afternoon" This holiday is hardly a regular thing for us, more once of a lifetime... And we are worried that we will now loose half of the holiday. Has anyone had this situation, any advise would be appreciated as we are due to go in less than a week.
I am due to fly out to Spain on 28.05.2022. My husband booked the holiday and is recorded as the lead passenger. My husband died last year and I have asked his mum if she would like to go with me. I have been trying and trying and trying to change the details of the holiday. The flights were changed with no problem but, I cannot contact ANYONE in Love Holidays to sort this out. I have sent message after message and offered to send a copy of the death certificate as proof. n=No matter what I try I cannot talk to anyone. The live chat refers me to customer services, customer services refer me to the live chat. I have gone on the manage my bookings so may times and tried to explain why the lead passenger needs to change but, no help what so ever. We are due fly out on the first anniversary of his death o this will be a difficult day anyway let alone having this stress to manage as well.
The customer services are none existent and there is no help or empathy for bereavements, surely my husband isn't the first lead passenger to die before the holiday. I just want someone from the company to help me, surely that's not asking for much! Don't think I'll book with this company again!
I have a booking reference number for my Hotel in Sharm on the 26th June we have paid for this holiday 2 years ago I am on WhatsApp group with staff at hotel Lido Sharm as I been going 18years best diving around. Anyway the hotel says they not had booking from Love holidays. I need to speak to someone from Love Holidays I have sent 5 emails contacted them on the computer rang (lost count how many times) can not get to speak to anyone .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.