Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
If you go on Street View then go on to the front at the junction with Avda Europa, then what I think is Egg and Bacon Alley is shown there cordoned off with a big blue 'Acintur' sign in front of it.

Now all of it except the block farthest inland has been demolished which seems to have happened since last year.
I might be thinking of a different place but there was definitely an alleyway off mediteraneo towards beach in Dec 2009. There was about 2 or 3 scottish bars and cant remember what else
Yeh I think you are Jilly. I used to think that was bacon and egg alley too but it isn't.

You mean the one that has a church on the left as you enter it from the beach. There used to be a few Scottish bars but most of the bars have closed down. There's a good fish and chip shop along there though called Shauns. It's well worth a visit. :-)

Sue
Yep that's the one Sue being a scot living down south was like a piece of home lol

Probably going april so need to find somewhere else for my tattie scones
I started this topic 3 years ago and very few replies have ever used the 6 bars that were in the alley which has surprised me because we used to get loads of gangs over each year and the time we had our bar some of the others changed hands and name quite a few times. Now the buildings have all been demolished and memories fade so I think no one else will come on and say they can remember us or any of the other bar owners from 87-96 A great pity because we enjoyed the time spent there even if it was hard work and long days.. :thanks :gluck
Hi..my mum and I took over the roses bar in 98 and left in 04..i met some fantastic people while I was there and still friends with some of the bar owners now even though I left the country 11 years ago...good job they were demolished as we spent the last year there dodging bits of falling concrete ...
Hi my parents owned Ye Olde Grotto on Las Terrazas from 80-86 Alan & Mary if anyone remembers them?
Were you there as well Sammy?
Is this the alley where Calumby's were? If so there are still a few bars/cafe's there but nowhere near as busy as it used to be.
On 18th May 2018 at 01:32pm, Sammyd said:
Hi my parents owned Ye Olde Grotto on Las Terrazas from 80-86 Alan & Mary if anyone remembers them?
Hi Sammyd
Long time since you posted this so not sure you'll ever read it. I spent two winters in Benidorm as a rep 84/85 and 85/86. The Grotto was my local and I remember lots of good banter - much of it football related - with your Dad and Mum. Kept in touch for a while after I left but heard that your Dad had sadly passed away shortly after taking over an hotel in Blackpool - then lost touch with your Mum. Lots of good memories and I still think of the Grotto from time to time. In my mind's eye I can still see you Dad cradling the beer pump! Happy memories indeed! Hope you are well.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.