Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Hi Cazz, if you`re taking the A82 past Loch Lomond, and if you`re a member, the Camping and Caravanning club`s site at Luss, on the shores of Loch Lomond, is a lovely site, especially if you get a pitch right on the shore, as we did. We`re going to Berwick in August, so will then be able to comment on the site we`ll be on there. One area not to be missed is Glencoe, it`s breathtaking and awe inspiring.
Thankyou, can you let me know how you get on. we are not members but it may be worth joining if we get the bug. Hiring a VW camper next weekend as a taster session. Its the hubby I have to convince, me and the bairn are up for it!! :)
Hope you get on OK with the campervan, never had one, we have a tourig caravan. We`re going to a site near Berwick called Chain Bridge, never been before, but it looks nice.
numberplease wrote:
Hope you get on OK with the campervan, never had one, we have a tourig caravan. We`re going to a site near Berwick called Chain Bridge, never been before, but it looks nice.

LOL, so do we, two nights without leckie, wifi, running water...... :yikes
Just been stocking up and bought some solar lights for inside, will put charger on roof lol and pray for sunshine!
Where are you having this campervan? I thought you were going on a site to try it out, if so, you`ll have gas, electric, water, some even have wifi.
numberplease wrote:
Where are you having this campervan? I thought you were going on a site to try it out, if so, you`ll have gas, electric, water, some even have wifi.

The camper van does not have a hook up, just a van with two rings from a small gas bottle for cooking and a water tank for washing dishes.
First night the one at Beadnel, which does have all of the above in the shower rooms, inc wifi, but dont want to take lappy.
Second night possibly up tantallon, like I said, we are just trying out the water.
Next year we will be hiring the one with electric hook up, it wasnt available for my sons birthday!
I'm getting quite excited about it.
Well, sorry, CazzMicknTom, I can`t tell you about our site or Berwick after all, we set off yesterday, got about 30 miles up the road, and the bloomin` car conked out, ended up coming home, caravan and all, on the back of a tow truck! Don`t know when the car will be fixed, so have cancelled the site booking, and will try for a few days a bit nearer home when the car`s ready.
Thank you, I think we`ll just about survive not going away for 2 weeks, but it`ll be hard, lol!
Aw thats such a shame. We ended up not camping that weekend too, due to the storms and floods!!!! But we still hired the VeeDub and that was an experience in itself. Getting another one first week in November then hiring it again for a week next May.
Hope everything goes according to plan next year, and that you enjoy your holiday in the campervan, hopefully the first of many.
We`ve got the car back, cost us about £1000! Have managed to book 10 days on a site at Seahouses, about 25 miles before Berwick, in September, haven`t been to the site before, Springhill Farm, but do like Seahouses, have been a couple of times before. Let`s hope we get further than 30 miles this time!!
Well, CazzMickn Tom, we`ve just come back from our foray into Northumberland. The site, Springhill Farm, just outside Seahouses, was quite nice, but our pitch was rather a long trek from the water, toilets, showers, etc., for a couple of old fogeys like us. We were on the side of the site facing the sea, (about a mile away over the fields), but if there hadn`t been a gap in the hedge in just the right place we wouldn`t have seen it! The coast and countryside up there are fantastically beautiful, with a fair spattering of wildlife as well, so I`d definitely recommend anyone giving Northumberland a go. As a matter of fact, we were in the Berwick area one day, and went to look at the site we were originally booked on, and didn`t like it, so maybe our car troubles were a blessing in disguise, albeit an expensive one!
Hello. I like to travel. I have never been here yet, but I read different stories about this place and its inhabitants. Most of the time I travel with my parents, and this year I had to use java homework assignments to complete all the coding assignments I got in college. The assignments were too difficult for me and I was afraid that I could not cope. But all is well.
  • Edited by irtooks 2020-11-07 05:47:08
We recently did a similar trip to this and had a great time. Hiring a campervan was just awesome fun!

edit - sorry just realised this is an old thread brought to the top by the spam message above!
  • Edited by Fiona 2021-03-27 16:16:09
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.