Hi guys, this is my very first post so don't bite please! I would be so grateful for some help regarding my family's dreadful holiday last year. Here goes,
We booked a holiday for 2 adults 2 children to the Algarve for August 2014 to The Eden Resort (all inclusive). This was through Teletext Holidays. Everything was running smoothly until we landed in Portugal and our transfer took us to an entirely different Hotel (Clube Albufiera). This was at 1:00AM...after travelling the whole night with two children we just needed sleep. We spoke to the manager at Clube Albufiera who said that Eden overbooked us so we need to stay at the Clube for 4 nights, and a different hotel for 2 nights.....NOT IMPRESSED! But we had no choice! we were basically stranded in Portugal with 2 children and had received no prior notice that the Eden was overbooked!
After 2 nights of staying at the Clube, I could not get hold of Teletext etc but received an email from "EC-Travel" (never heard of them before) saying that we can stay at the Clube Hotel for the remainder of our stay but need to move into a ONE bedroomed apartment for the last night. It was so distressing and the four of us could hardly fit in the room :(.
Don't get me wrong, the Clube hotel was OK and they were very sympathetic but it was not what we paid for! the rooms were cheaper (as I saw a price list etc) the food was horrid so we had to eat where're, beach was further etc.
Anyway, since we got back I was straight onto Teletext and they have taken months to write back. They basically admit zero liability as they are just acting as an agent. If we wanted our money back we should have cancelled!! But we couldn't possibly do that.

I'm looking for ANY advise PLEASE i'm so desperate I don't know where to take it from here (I'm even upset just writing this!!) I know it was a long time ago but we are still paying a credit card off because of the overspend due to us having to make extra payments everywhere (even though we were "all inclusive". And I think that we are at least entitled to the difference of price for the rooms etc. :que :(

Thanks in advance for any comments :) Heidi & Family xx