Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Not been there myself but a friend of mine was there last September so I could ask her if there's anything specific you'd like to know? She did laugh about the place, the almost vertical stairs and the climb up there every day and night (she stuck to trainers in anticipation of the hike!). Wouldn't book again but it didn't ruin her holiday either :sun2
Hey there,

Thanks a bunch! Yes if you could ask her a few things about the place that would be great.

Firstly where exactly is it in the village? I know the village really well so letting me know where abouts it is would be really helpful? I think it's near herfi villa or villa Flora which are pretty high up in the village or am I completely in the wrong place?

I think we are in maisonette 2. Any idea what that's like?

Are the vertical steps the steps inside the apartment or on the way there? WE don't have walking problems but am concerned about our suitcases :s.
Do you know Lindos Top or Xenones at all? If so across the road from them and up quite a few turns and steps until you get to the very back of the village (just below the main road). If not you walk from Lindos Reception, across the car park and rather than taking the road into the village take the small road to the left, along there you'll pass by Kyriaki to your right, the rock steps up to Flora etc on your left. You'll then come to an area with a few houses/apartments uphill on the left, quite a few turns and steps then you reach Adams at the top.

They leave your cases at the bottom of this series of steps but these steps are pretty standard, it's the staircase inside the room that's almost vertical (a bit like a bunk bed type ladder, if that makes sense?).

All the rooms are the same layout apart from the one with a balcony (might be no.4) with bathroom, kitchenette, etc downstairs and the bed, wardrobe and such upstairs. If my friend made a drink she'd go and sit in the courtyard with it as she said it was tricky enough getting up and down the steps without a drink in your hand.

She said it was clean and basic like most Lindos rooms, the location is quite a trek and had it been more central there wouldn't have been a problem. It really depends on your mentality, my friend just laughed about it and still made the most of her holiday, some people did nothing but moan. If you're physically fit and organise yourselves (don't keep going back and forth to the room) it should be fine. It's not somewhere I'd pick but if it was the only choice in my price range I'd still book as a way of getting my Lindos fix :sun2
Sorry - only just seen this - and I assume you are back now so there isn't much I can tell you.

For reference I was in No4.

1, 2 and 3 are similar layout as Marcus described (although the wardrobes are downstairs in 1 and 3 - not sure about 2).
4 has kitchenette and shower room downstairs but beds, table, wardrobe and balconies (there are 2) upstairs.
5 is all on the ground floor.

Can't argue with the cleanliness, the maid was in every day except sunday, but after climbing the hills you then have 3 seperate flights of stairs. they were the killer!! We all tended to use the courtyard but then all 8 of us staying were all in Lindos for RhodesRocks.

I understand that Olympic have dropped them from their 2011 brochure.

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.