General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Take lots of ear plugs...
...and give them to all the other passengers!

Only joking :)
Just take what you think you'd need if you were at home and hope she will settle down and maybe have a nap! Or find a funny looking bloke and let her stare at him the whole trip!
For the plane:-

I'd dress her in loose clothing to keep her cool plus it's easier for you when it comes to changing her etc. Take a spare set of clothes.

Soft toy for her to play with both at the airport and for on the plane.
Cool wet wipes.
Drink for take off and landing to help her ears. (Just in case)
Maybe try for an aisle seat so you can easily get out of your seat to take her for a nappy change.

Also yourself Jingles, wear loose clothing so you too are comfortable.
We took our 6 month old to Spain last month, a few people thought we were quite brave, but it was no problem at all. She was absolutely good as gold. Take a new toy for her for the plane, something she hasn't seen before. That will keep her amused for a little while. Some finger snacks that aren't too messy either :tup
Hubby and I both sat in aisle seats across from each other, so she could be passed back and forth, and we could get up and walk around with her without disturbing others.
Try and get her to suck on a bottle during take off and landing to help prevent problems with her ears which can be very sore.
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
For the plane:-

I'd dress her in loose clothing to keep her cool plus it's easier for you when it comes to changing her etc. Take a spare set of clothes.

Soft toy for her to play with both at the airport and for on the plane.
Cool wet wipes.
Drink for take off and landing to help her ears. (Just in case)
Maybe try for an aisle seat so you can easily get out of your seat to take her for a nappy change.

Also yourself Jingles, wear loose clothing so you too are comfortable.

Great minds :tup
Baby on board means a lot of extra things to bring like extra diapers, extra clothes, extra snacks, extra wipes, extra formula and extreme patience! Make sure that your baby is bottle feeding during landing and take offs, new toy is very important - most especially toys that make sounds to keep her busy (well not that loud of a sound as it may bother other people).

Good luck!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.