Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
What a wonderful holiday Nette!You seem to have met some great characters!.I would love to do this.I have been trying to persuade my husband to sell our caravan as we have been on the site 21 years and things have changed a lot in recent years.Our friends,who are in their 70s used to drive to Benidorm via Portugal every November and come back in March!.We used to visit them in Benidorm and met folks from our town on the site who had done the same thing.He is wanting to change our car which is 3 years old but the difference plus what we would get for our caravan would buy a nice little motor home.We hired one back in 70s but with2 children,one still in a pushchair it was a bit claustrophobic!I will keep nagging him and see if it works. :rofl
PS,Roly and Megan are gorgeous!
Briar

Great trip report.
After holidays in New Zealand,USA and Canada were we hired Motorhomes we have really taken to the freedom that they provide. We are seriously thinking of buying a MH so hopefully next year we may be joining you in Portugal.
I would love to go touring in Portugal in a motorhome but don't fancy the drive all the way from Glasgow!!!!
Sounds like you had an awesome time!!
I would love to buy one there and store it there so that we can tour about in the winter months but am unsure how to go about it......can anyone give me any info?
Pat
:glynis
What a wonderful trip report Nettie. I waited to read it until I had some time. You have made me wish i was going back to the Algarve this summer instead of Turkey. I do love it there and you certainly met some characters who I am sure you will remember for a long time. It sounds like you have found your ideal way to holiday in the Motor Home, it certainly gave you a lot of freedom.

Doe :)
Briar sounds like you had a fantastic holiday. We have been to Turkey for the 5 years and will probably go again this year. However Portugal does sound nice. We love going to Turunc as it is the sort of small resort that we like with enough restaurants to keep you more than happy for 2 weeks and such a laid back feel to everything. Fantastic people as well. What sort of resorts would you suggest in Portugal have a similar feel to Turunc? Look forward to hearing your views.
That's it Briar........go there once and like the rest of us, you're immediately smitten and addicted to the place :D
We've been going now every year for about 24 years :really
Pat
:glynis
Hi Nette
Loved reading your story. I really enjoyed it. Be a good idea to do some reviews on the sites on the other forum we visit. People would be very grateful for the info and experience
Talk Soon, we're still jet lagged. Really done us in the long flight.
Cindy
x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.