Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
parga accomodation
268 Posts
Anyone going to Parga 21st August. If so, where are you staying? :D
We are going 3rd July, any info on tavernas. Staying at Apostolis (Kosmar) apartments any one stayed in them or know anything about them???
susanf see praga (my spelling mistake)for info
Hi. Sorry dont have any info on the Apostolis. We stayed at the Irini last year for a week and are returning this year for 2 weeks. Parga is brilliant, lots to see and do. The tavernas we liked were Stefanos, El Golfo and Dokos but we aim to try a lot more this year!
parga 15th may
can any one recommend some good restaurants?
plus were is bets for snorkling?
Are you staying in Parga town or Valtos beach? We were near Valtos beach and my favourites were Barbra Nassis, right on Valtos beach towards the harbour end (typically Greek and good value) and Flisvos, near the castle on the track between Valtos and Parga town, with great views of the sunset over Valtos beach and good food. Try their country lamb, a bit like a thin pizza crust stuffed with lamb, peppers, onions, feta, etc, and absolutely delicious. Also pork cooked with cream and Metaxa - I'm making myself hungry thinking about it :lol:
Just updated this, as I remembered the restaurant I'd really enjoyed was actually Flisvos, Stephanos was just next door and though the food was good, the service was lousy, they more or less forgot us. Maybe they were just having a bad day... :?
  • Edited by MariaH 2005-04-25 09:57:06
http://www.inparga.com/castello/
International rather than Greek but a lovely restaurant, great food and good service.
maria i am in parga town villa andreas any help
You will love the Andreas, they are very well kept and the owners Bettina and Thassos are really lovely.

A few minutes walk back down the road you will pass the Yannis Taverna which is really nice, not very expensive but serves nice Greek meals and is run by Yannis who will look after you very well, they also have great Greek nights (on a Tuesday I think).

Further down the same road heading for the town centre (passed an excellent bakers and supermarket) there is an other nice Taverna, sorry I can't remember the name but it has an open eating area under a lot of grape vines.

If you continue walking down this same road you will come to a dive shop on the right opposite the Villa Rossa ( A large red coloured Taverna on the beach) there is also a shop there selling diving / snorkelling equipment and they will give you lots of advice re snorkelling.

You are now about to enter the main area of Parga.
There are many places to eat in this area of Parga, before going for a meal you should stop at The Captains Bar for a Mythos and do a bit of people watching.
Just a few of many eating places that I would recommend are on the front The Imperial, The Austria at the very end of the sea front and for excellent and freshly caught fish Stefanos up past the castle.

I wish it was me going :(
Graham
thanks k-g will report back when we get home
There are numerous good restaurants in Parga. We have been a few times and still keep finding them.
The one directly under the castle has beautiful views over the town, and there are a couple of restaurants half way up the walk from Valtos beach into town, Stefanos and, I cannot remember the other one, but they are both good, but tend to get busy during high season.
If you go right to the other end of town, there is a restaurant called Golfo and that is a very good evening when they have the music , which is normally a couple of times a week.You will find the restaurants on the harbour front tend to be a bit touristy and over-priced, but they are good for watching the world go by.
Pargaluvva... we will be in Parga from the same date......we have to meet up for a drink (or 6).... or have we discussed this on the Parga Website?
Please have a Mythos in the Captains Bar for me as I can't make Parga this year :( :( :(

Have a great time

Graham
Hi Kelvin. We did discuss on Parga website and possibly this one too. Would love to meet up for a drink (or 6!). We will have to get in touch nearer the time. Gail :D
Going to Parga on 21 August for 2 weeks - cant wait. Love Parga. Anyone else going? :hyper
Pargaluvva!!
Hi again! YES we will be there on the same day.....for 3 weeks! so we must meet up for a drink or 6! where are you staying? We are up by the castle (arranged independantly)
Hi Kelvin. We are staying at the Irini (where we stayed last year). Our friends are next door at the Lambrini and our other friends are at the Bacoli. Where's the best place for drinks!! Gail
:glynis
OK Gail....so now I know who I'm talking to..... I think we've alreadysaid something about a meet on Parga.com..... why not meet up at Bar Porto (next to Three Stars? easy for all of us to get to! Wew come down from the castle Your friends can walk down from the Bacoli (all of about 7 minutes) and it would take you about 15 from the Ireni to get there..from your end walk past the jetty and its there in front of Rudi's
hi we were just wondering if anyone has stayed at the villa petros in parga as we are off to stay there on july 10th for a week any feedback would be most welcome as well as any info on parga thanks

SUNFOLK!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.