Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
I always buy pashminas in the medina. Beautiful colours and excellent quality. Normally around 10 dinars (£5) but well worth it. Also pick up sun glasses (fakes but cheap as chips - 5 - 10 dinars) and often buy a watch (fakes again and 10 - 15 dinars for a decent one but can be got cheaper). Remember "la, gahli barcha" means "no, too expensive". "Negotiate" a price and walk away if they won't accept your offer and they will often capitulate. Small perfume bottles make nice gifts for ladies and come in all sizes (and prices). Have a wander round the Soula Centre in Sousse first, which is a large fixed-price shop, to give you an idea of prices. I have bought nice silver and turquoise jewellery at various prices. I'll be back in Sousse on 6th November and will try to pick up some Christmas presents whilst out there.
Marhaba palace is in PEK if I remember correctly. As PEK is a purpose built tourist resort, if you want a souq you will need to travle to Sousee which isn't far. There you will get a proper souk experience and you can buy whatever your heart desires. We purchased nice shawls and beautiful wooden grinders for the kitchen. In all honesty you can buy alot. You haggle prices so the price you pay depends how good your skills are. We are pretty good at it so got some bargains. I remember getting a necklace for the equivalent of 50p and people still ask me where I got it from!

I think the best day is a Tuesday however I can't remember exactly as it was a year ago that we went.
The really pure olive oil soap is a must and a couple of good wash mitts.
The soap is so pure you can use it for children and even wash your hair with it and best of all you feel lovely and soft and squeaky clean afterwards!! :rofl
Argan Oil is excellent for skin & hair and very cheap compared to the price here for a tiny amount!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.