Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Fantastic report, fantastic photos Mark! :tup Looks utterly idyllic!
Great trip report Mark. Enjoyed the photos. :tup

Sounds like you ahd a good one. Doe :)
Sounds great Mark, I wondered how you got on with the storm! Seriously thinking of going back to the Tam next year.

Lesley
Sounds like you had a great time despite the rainy start Mark. Lovely pics - would make nice jigsaws!
Fabulous report and photos Mark . I enjoyed that :tup
:hols Booked up at last! Now I only have to wait until July!
Enjoyed reading your report. Lovely photos :)
starry wrote:
:hols Booked up at last! Now I only have to wait until July!

I don't ;)

Back to the Tam at the end of May.... can't wait.

Mark :)
thanks Mark!just booked up today for the tamarijn-we go in the middle of may '09!!hoping its as lovely as it looks!relatives have visited aruba as part of a cruise but obviously cant get a full feel for a place in a few hours!!will be keeping a close eye on here to make sure the reviews remain all good!!

here's to aruba :cheers
just read the report and as we have now booked our 2 weeks there cant wait now till June to see Aruba for ourselves, nice report by the way.
Nice report...

Booked to go there in august....a question for you though...i have heard a lot about rocks in front of the beach/rooms etc, which in your opinion are the best blocks to go in so i can request it at check in.

Cheers
Hi and welcome to the forums.

The beach changes depending on the sea conditions. I believe that the beach is quite wide now - it wasn't quite that wide when we were there at the end of last year.

The beach is the widest in front of 2000 block of rooms. The 1300 block of rooms is next to the beach in between the Tamarijn and Divi resorts and it most probably the best.

Great report.

Was there last july,and to be honest apart from the 2000 end,we stayed in the 1300 block at it was by far the best concerning the rocks.But as Mark said the beach conditions are constantly changing.
Just a quick update on the Tamarijn Aruba.

We returned yesterday from another 14 nights in this resort and all that was reported in the first post still applies.

The beach that was eroded last year has now been duly returned back by the Caribbean sea. The rocks are still in front of the properties but they can be easily stepped over to enjoy a wide stretch of white sandy beach in front of the sea.

Service by the staff was as good (if not better) than last year. Very attentive and the staff always had a smile on their face.

Some of the rooms were being updated/upgraded during our stay.

This time we hired a car for three days (from Hertz who has a rental desk at the reception) at a cost of USD 250 to explore the island ourselves rather than go on organised excursions.

We also went on the Kukoo Kunukoo bus for a night of fun and drinking - a trip well recommended!

Shame to back in the UK now.

We will be returning back to the Tamarijn in the very near future. Will give Cuba a try first before returning back to Aruba.

Great reports Mark (the first and latest). I just read through the op thinking it was the post from this holiday :D I should remember to read the date of posting first. As it just popped up suddenly, I assumed it was a new one.

Glad you had a good holiday. That fun bus sounds just up my street :rofl
Welcome home Mark - Pleased to hear it is just as good :tup Have you any idea how many rooms have been upgraded so far?
They started the 2nd week we were there. They were doing the rooms in the 1400 block (nearest to the central facilities).

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.