DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
I have used them we are going to benidorm in the cristal park allinclusive for 2 adults and a 8 year old got a price of 346 pounds for us all i paid up front but all the other companys wanted about a nother 100 pounds more so i will post when we have been in oct sandi
You might find this article about their chief executive interesting.

http://www.itt.co.uk/default.asp?S=Events&A=61
Travelkay - my daughter has arrived at her hotel with lowcost beds - phoned earlier and said they have had no problems, rooms cleaned daily, they are very happy with it.
Thank you for reporting back as I was going to ask the same question but thought I would check if anyone else had. Their range of hotels seems really good. We have found a hotel in Tunisia which is reccommended by Lonely Planet but is not part of any of the packages offered by UK tour operators as we wanted something central so could explore using trains etc rather than in a beach resort. They are charging £135 for a double room HB with sea view. If I book direct with the hotel it's £99 per person HB plus extra for view! So a good deal but I didnt know anyone who had ever used lowcostbeds. Glad you had a good experience. I am off to get on with my booking. :)
We used them last year and the accomodation wasn't exactly what we had paid for and booked which did affect the quality of our holiday.

We did have the telephone number of agent in the country but as the hotel didn't have this room type available we accepted the room they gave us and took this up when we got back home.

Eventually after a few phone calls we were offered compensation as they had obviously not provided what we had booked.

I'd suggest double checking your booking with them prior to going.
I have just booked a a fortnight at Sousse Palace Hotel in Tunisia with them and felt I should warn you of a serious discrepancy in the prices quoted.

On Saturday I booked a fortnight half board in a single room and got the excellent price of £109 (+£2.11 c.c. charge). Paid and received acknowledgement. I emailed this excellent information to Jenny, a friend from the Tunisia forum, on Sunday and she had a look herself on the website - £159. She emailed me to tell me so I had a look - still £109 on my computer. She checked again on Monday - £159.

Now this is curious enough, but she rang me this evening and said it had gone up to £179 - I checked on my computer and it said £110! We then sat in our own homes on the phone to eachother whilst we pressed exactly the same buttons on our computers - hers had now gone up to £270 :roll: I was still £110!

We then tried something else - using the search facility on the left hand side of their site she got £280 - I was still £110! To finish, we tried the search facility on the right hand side - we both got the same price £170 :roll:

I'm alright - I've got it for £111.18 but it certainly makes you wonder :roll:
Hallo all - facts just as Aslemma said - so thought that I would see if things were more consistant tonight. Using the left hand search facility and leaving the hotel name blank - Sousse Palace Hotel price comes up as £280 for single room hb 14 days.
Using the right hand "tunisia hotel" facility - same details come up as £170!!

Aslemma got a fantastic bargain and was lucky, but if she had booked on my computer, would have initially paid £50 more - £70 more a day later and--- if using the other side of the page --- paid £171 more :shock: You really need to investigate all options before booking.
I am sure that there is someone out there who can explain why this occurs, but as us two are computer illiterate, we are totally bemused. (How can two persons, using two identical computers, pressing two identical buttons at exactly the same time, come up with two identical pages showing totally different prices?!) :hmmm
It did however result in the pair of us dissolving into hysterics as the prices popped up. :lol: Small things amuse small minds etc.etc. Ah! well------- Jenny
but as us two are computer illiterate, we are totally bemused.

I wouldn't phrase it quite like that Jenny - you may be but I consider myself a complete klutz with the things :roll:
I've also had another look today and am still on £110 and £170 :? If this experience has taught me anything, it is not to ask Jenny to book me any hotels on her computer :lol:
  • Edited by Aslemma 2006-08-25 21:53:37
Could one be a brochure price and the other a late deal price ?

There could also be a difference in luggage allowances etc.,

Kath HT Admin
It is certainly a mystery as it just stated the hotel, single room. half board, balcony/terrace. Certainly not a luggage issue unless the wardrobe is particularly small as it was only accommodation, not flight. I have printed off the accommodation voucher and it is all there :?
We had the same thing happen when checking prices for the Anba Romani hotel in Cala Millor Majorca.We wanted 11 nights all inclusive over Christmas for 2 adults.I was getting conflicting prices ranging from £440 to £580 each time i checked.
Anyway i booked it at the cheaper price of £440 and believe we got a great deal but if i hadnt checked i could of booked it at the higher price £140 more than we actually paid.
I would say I'm glad someone else had the same problem, but actually I'm shocked that this can happen. The lesson must be not to accept the first offer, even if it does sound good. :roll:
Hi Kath - there was no difference in the bookings - no brochure or late deals - both were simply simultaneous checks on accom. only quotes for a 14 day HB single room booking. Maybe we will never know. (It really doesn't take much to confuse me on my beloved PC!)

jojourk - thanks for your mail - like Aslemma, I take great comfort in the fact that it is not just us two!!

Aslemma - I will never offer to book you anything in future!!!! :kiss
found a good deal for tunisia from lowcost , a bit apprehensive to book. need more peoples views on using these please.
Hi Debs, As you can see from the posts above, they do have excellent prices as long as you double check. I booked with them on the net and received a confirming e-mail within a couple of hours. I then received my hotel voucher on line. You need Adobe to read it but if you haven't got that it is free to download and my son sorted it out for me. By booking this way you obviously don't get a chance to ask for a sea-view room or anything like that, but I figure I can always have a word with the hotel when I get there. The Sousse Palace which I've booked has its own website and looks really nice. Hope you get yourself sorted and have a super holiday.

Thanks Jenny, I appreciate that :lol:
thanks for your reply. might go ahead and book soon. I'll let you know how i get on for future reference for other people also. might leave it till a bit later on though nearer the date .
Does anyone know of any cheapest hotels in Tunis, near the airport, our flight arrives at 8.55pm and we may have to stay the night. I checked out the two sites mentioned, but there's nothing in Tunis :lol:

Thanks.
BB
Hello

We have been looking at a holiday advertised with lowcostbeds.com staying at Cala Azul Gardens in Cala Dor.
We've stayed at these apartments before, so we know the area, but we've never used lowcostbeds.
Has anyone got any views on them- anything will be appreciated!
Many Thanks
Chrisykins :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.