Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Germanwings
12 Posts
Seats have just been released with a load of new routes (see flycheapo website for details).

I know that Easyjet and Ryanair both have a habit of launching big sales at the start of January, just after everyone has got back to work from the Xmas break. Anyone know if Germanwings usually do the same ?

Many Thanks
Flew with them a couple of weeks ago to Cologne - flights on time,seats comfy with fair legroom. Would definitely use them again - seemed a bit more organised then Easyjet etc,except they just have generalboarding so it couldbe a bit of a scrum to get on board.
Hi ,
I am planning a German Christmas market trip this December.
I have read lots on the markets on HT and decided on Cologne.
We planned to fly with Germanwings from Edinburgh,but as yet their schedule only goes up to October 2007.
Can anyone give me an idea of when the flights will be announced or is there something worrying about there being no flights after October?
Thanks,
Went to Cologne with German wings from Edinburgh last year to Xmas markets. Great flights, and no hold ups. Because its a low cost airline, they will update their web site in a few weeks, which will take in December no doubt. Just keep checking.
Jade
Thanks for that!
I decided to take advantage of the flights from Edinburgh to Cologne in October as they were on sale for €9 (£6) each way. Imagin my horror to discover that one leg of the joirnet has taxes & fees amounting to £69!!! Here is a breakdown of them. There's an unnamed surcharge of £9.34 and God knows what PSC @£9.42 is. So £6 each way manifests itself into £118.76
for 2 people. Needless to say we wont be going. Robbers!

EDI → CGN 2 Adult at £6.00 ............................... £12.00
Taxes/Fees ............................... £69.10
Fuel Surcharge ............................... £9.08
Passenger Service Charge ............................... £21.34
Goverment Security Surcharge ............................... £19.92
Surcharge ............................... £9.34
PSC Arrival ............................... £9.42

CGN → EDI 2 Adult at 6.00 GBP ............................... £12.00
Taxes/Fees ............................... £25.66
Fuel Surcharge ............................... £9.08
Passenger Service Charge ............................... £1.56
Goverment Security Surcharge ............................... £5.68
Surcharge ............................... £9.34
Total Price £118.76
I was going to book for the Christmas Markets in Cologne but it seems Germanwings are not flying out of Edinburgh after October. Any news on this please?

:que
Jade,

Special christmas flights to places like German Markets may be charter rather than scheduled.

Darren
Dazbo,
I have booked and flown to Cologne/Bonne with them before in December, but I have just had a look at the timetables on Edinburgh airport site and it seems that Germanwings won't be flying from there over the winter. Just another route being axed from Scotland it seems. What a pity. :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.