Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hmm, the only destination from Aberdeen is London so I put in 24 August departing and 31 August returning just to get an idea of cost.
London (All Airports)
2 Adult(s) for 6 night(s) in London (All Airports)
1 Room(s)
Flights

Outward: 24 Aug 2007 Aberdeen to London (All Airports) Return: 31 Aug 2007

Errrm, when I went to school and learned to count that would have been 7 nights......

Not sure if I trust this site.

luci :wave
Hi there
I found out this morning when I happen to visit the Easyjet site, don't if I shall use it or not.

Dawnie-Rob
Well I recently booked a holiday on this site! Got a good deal and am happy so far!!!

However I will report back after my holiday!!!!

Wish me luck!!!!
And they won't be ATOL protected because you are buying a scheduled flight direct from them and they are only acting as a agent to book a hotel for you.
I'm not sure where to post this, it's not an airline question nor a TA/TO question, at least I don't think so.

We have had a number of quotes from various travel agents/operators for a week in Athens first week December 08, the cheapest deal was with Co-Op Travel Escape Breaks at £702.00 for 2 adults flying from Birmingham (we prefered a Birmingham flight but of course this restricted the airline) staying at a 3 star hotel. Had a go at DIY but I was getting in a muddle. I went on Easyjet's site and couldn't find a flights to Athens from any London airports (although it is a drag flying from London airports I figured there would be more options than from Birmingham). What I did find was an Easyjet Holiday deal flying from Gatwick and returning to Luton,flying Easyjet of course, same hotel as offered by Co Op for £341 for 2 adults, this being a direct flight whereas with Co Op it would have been via Zurich on Swiss Air. Even adding coach travel to and from gatwick and Luton and no free drinks or food on the flight, this is still a better deal.

I have never booked a holiday over the internet before and was wondering if is any pitfalls I should be aware of? Are Easyjet Holidays the same as TA/TO as far as consumer protection goes? Anyone had any experience good or bad with Easyjet Holidays?

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place.
Augustmoon, sorry I can't answer your questions, but you may find the DIY forum could help you. Louise
As this is probably a tour operator query I have moved it to our TO/TA forum.

Hi Augustmoon, we went on an easyjet holiday to Krakow in May and couldn't fault it,hotel flights all excellent, all i would say is check out the hotel reviews on tripadvisor holidayforums etc. hope you have a good time Maggie
and dont forget first to check our own reviews. from fellow members :duh

wiz
EasyJet selects partner for package holiday business

EasyJet has signed a three-year deal with lowcosttravel group to launch dynamically packaged holidays to the Mediterranean and beyond.

The deal will combine easyJet's fares with Lowcost's accommodation and transfers to offer dynamic packages to European cities and beaches sold through a single website, easyjet.com/holidays.

Launched early next year, the holidays will be marketed to easyJet's 50m customers through a range of on and off-line marketing channels.

As well as providing accommodation and transfers, Lowcost will provide a call centre and customer service expertise. Chief executive Paul Evans said: "We are very proud to have been selected to work with easyJet to create a new and exciting holiday brand in the travel industry.

"Lowcost's significant growth over the last 5 years has demonstrated the huge demand for good value, flexible and convenient holidays and combined with easyJet's respected brand, we believe we can create a very significant player in this market."

EasyJet had been planning for some time to expand its holiday business but had been prevented from doing so by an agreement with the airline's founder Stelio Haji-Ioannou which limited the amount it could earn from ancillary sales.

A new agreement reached with Haji-Ioannou last month means the airline can now expand its business beyond the sale of airline seats.

EasyJet CEO Carolyn McCall said "We see a significant opportunity to further grow our ancillary revenues, by offering our customers a huge range of flexible and low cost beach and city holidays.

"This will be based on our extensive, convenient flight schedule and Lowcosttravelgroup's great quality, competitive accommodation and transfers."

With permission from Travelmole
They may have reached an agreement with Stelios but he's launching http://www.easyholidays.co.uk/ - this can only end in confusion!!!!!!
Ha anyione booked a holiday through Easy jet - any feedback would be great
I did an Easyjet holiday to Poland in 2009 and it was absolutely fine: I had no problems at all with it and would use them again. Flight fine and check in fine at hotel in Krakow. The only reason I didn't do another holiday with them for my visit to Poland this year was I because I got a cheaper price for the hotel with another company, so just used Easyjet for the flight.
Let's be careful here. Was that a "holiday" found by going through the holiday section of the site or was it a flight plus a hotel from the list that pops up when you book a flight? It could affect legal rights if things go wrong.
hi all :wave: ....EASYJET HOLIDAYS..??....have used thomascook and thomsons who have airlines and do hols...but didnt know easy jet did same.....I am thinking about going pefkos next year and want to stay in the marianthi apartments....only easyjet are offering as a package....unless I used the likes of lowcost hols this is the only way I can find to get hotel I want....I have been comparing prices for my favorite places...and was surprised that pefkos came out best..

So.....is easyjet holidays as good or as reliable as thomascook or thomsons....tweetie
anyone know what the weight of hand luggage is please looking at 3 night Malaga Easy jet
I believe easyjet doesn't have a weight restriction, only a size restriction which you will find on their website.

Used them yesterday and at the gate they have a container thingy that they will ask you to put your hand luggage in if they think you are pushing it a bit.

It's deifnately a size thing rather than a weight thing. I would have said 75% of the passengers were travelling with hand luggage only.

Our suitcase was looking very lonely on the carousel when we went to collect it, nothing like a Thomson or Thomas Cook Flight.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.