Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi there, did anyone reply re go touring....
Thanks, we have not been able to find anyone who has been yet, we are going in June this year to Australia
my moms going in june too to newzealand and singapore she cant wait i think its the 2nd of june
If copied this to the Australia/NZ forum as well to see if you can get some advice
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=131659
Hi,
Just returned from Go Touring holiday to NZ. Had great time but itinerary was hectic. Lots of early morning starts and long days coaching. Hotels were fine with the exception of Wellington. Breakfast in hotels every day which was of great help. Weather very changeable in NZ and seasons are reversed from ours. June will be their winter. Expect snow in South Island but much warmer in North. Bay of Islands and Queenstown great places to visit. Highlights: Helicopter at Fox Glacier, Dart River safari.cruise around Bay of Islands and 90 Mile beach trip.
Singapore hot and humid but well worth the stopover.
Several ladies on there own on our trip and all managed well. Flights with Singapore Airlines good. All in all a great holiday.
hi geordie great info good to hear off someone who has just got back.mom has asked me to ask you whats the best clothing to take with her what the temperature is there in june.also she enjoys walking and does it everyday at home due to being a diabetic its important for her to exercise.will there be any chances for her to walk on this holiday.also could you tell me how much the helicopter ride is and the shot over river white water ride. many thanks :tup
Hi,
The weather in the South Island in June will be their winter so could be quite cold at times. The North Island especially up at the Bay of Islands should be warm for that time of year.Your Mum should be prepared for all types of weather so it will be better to take layers. Their will be opportunities to do a bit of walking as you do get days off from travelling at most of the stops.
We paid 199 NZD each (£75) for the Dart River Safari and I think the Shotover Jet boat trip is slightly cheaper.The helicopter ride was 285NZD each about £105.This was a 30 minute flight from Fox to Franz Joseph galcier and their are longer or shorter rides.
If your Mum has any more queries just ask.
ahh thanks again fantastic that some of her questions have been answered wait for it geordie she has only just begun lol shes really exited about this trip ive told her to make a little list of things she wants to know thats if you dont mind and i will get back to you many thanks bye for now :tup
hi geordie wow she has made a list lol right then here we go does she need malaria tablets moschito reppelant please is a rucksack more suitable than a handbag,is raffles worth a visit are there pools at the hotels as she could swim for exercise,is it best to get her currency in the uk or whilst out there,do people dress up on an evening or is it casual wear,is it expensive to eat out she is quite fussy with her food,is there plenty of shops for her to buy snacks with being diabetic she needs to snack quite a bit,what is the average age group on these tours,and last one for now did you see any big spiders thanks very much shes just a bit confused as what to pack as she hasnt been on one of these trips before bye for now
Hi again,
Lots of questions to answer so here goes.

Shouldn't require malaria tablets but an insect repellant is a good idea especially for the sand flies in parts of NZ.
My wife used a hand bag but take both as a rucksack could be handy.We didn't encounter any problems but still be wary especially at night.
Raffles is worth a visit but it's very expensive.One of the extra trips in Singapore that you can book through the guide includes a gin sling at Raffles. Raffles not far from hotel we stayed in. Within walking distance.
There are pools at most of the hotels but not all.
We took travellers cheques and some local currency. Debit and credit cards can be used everywhere without problems.
No one dresses up. Smart casual will do everywhere.
We found the prices for eating out about the same as here.Meals in NZ very similar to home. Lots of variety in Singapore.
Plenty of shops, supermarkets near most of the hotels. NZ is very much like UK in all respects.
We were a group of 47. Most in 50's or 60's and a few older.
Didn't see any spiders or other creepy crawlies.
Hope your Mum has a great holiday. I'm sure she will.
She will get some good info about the trip from Go Touring before she goes.

Geordie 16
thanks again geordie you have really helped my mom with lots of things she wanted to know i will phone her tommorow and give her all the info im sure she will have a great time.thanks again for getting back to me :tup
My wife have just returned from australia with go touring and it was great , a great bunch of fellow tourers

Singapor Good Hotel guide was good and informative

Australia the guide Caloline was the best you could wish she was so carring we called her chuk mother the way she look after us

I would highly reconment this company exellant value for money

we are both 70 years old and the organision was first class
Have just returned from Go Touring Best of Australia and New Zealand trip. The whole holiday was fantastic- we are alreadly looking at the brochure to book another and we only arrived back from Bangkok yesterday!! The organisation was superb- we had ten flights in all with no hitches. All hotels were excellent/good , centrally placed and the itinery was super. Great value for money. We have travelled widely and used other well-recognised tour firms such as Titan- but feel this firm offers better value. Could not fault it!!! Would advise travellers to take travellers cheques as some people, including me, had trouble using ATMs though and a lot of optional tours needed to be paid in cash not by credit card. Pace of tour was also excellent with many opportunities for free time.
Hi

We have booked to go with Go Touring in February 2010 on their 23 day magical new zealand tour. Thanks to all who have sent contributions in the past about this company and their tours - the info was a great help!

I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer them it would be much appreciated ....

1) Geordie16 thought the hotel in Wellington was not as good as the others - can you let me know why not?
2) Which hotel did people stay in when in singapore the choice is the hotel rendezvous or the peninsula excelsior according to the brochure?
We stayed in the Penisular in Singapore - great location- fab hotel with lovely swimming pool.
Good breakfast. Wide range of restaurants nearby- also large shopping mall with plenty of good fast food outlets a five minute walk away. Turn right out of hotel and right again- just down to the next right turning. Enjoy Singapore- it is fun.
Just thought that Wellington hotel wasn't as good as the others we stayed in. Small room,no view poor decor and small restaurant.
Stayed in Peninsular hotel in Singapore. Previous comment sums it up.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.