Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Can you not accept a full refund for the accommodation and book the Hotel direct. I guess it may cost more but if you contact them and say what your budget is they might do a deal ( I would have thought all Hotels would be looking for extra business.).

The problem with booking with companies like lowcost is that it is not a package, the flights and accommodation are seperate. However if you can prove the Hotel is not overbooked then you could persue them through the small claims court particulalry if you book the same hotel yourself and have to pay more.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Just checked Thomsons website for Sofitel Agadir on accommodation only and it comes in cheaper than what its showing as on LCH's website. Even Thomsons package price comes in cheaper than what LCH are offering..! At least with a company like Thomson, your in safe(ish) hands!

£714 - 7nts double room on b&b.

Get the accomm refunded and book an alternative asap.

Oh, and before anybody moans and starts thinking im the director of Thomson 'cos ive written something nice about them, dont. I just prefer to use one of the big named companies to look after my holiday, I would never touch 1 of these little internet companies for reasons such as this!!
thank you for your replys, been on the phone to LCH waiting for 45 minutes at 10p a minute to be told they would ring me back by 5.30 guess what still waiting.. :que never again...
there are plenty of hotel only booking sites you can try, i would get a refund and book elsewhere
The problem is that I booked the hotel at a superb price at £140 for the week for the room b+b which was a promotional price I queried this the next day after booking (1/12/08) and they said I could pay more if I wished (I knew it was a bargain) but they have had my money for 10 months and nothing has been said till now (I have the original print outs of the original reservations with the Sofitel Agadir) I did check with similar internet sites and they also listed this promotional price but opted for LCH because the flights are with Thomson. So cannot really afford a refund (this is why I'm having this problem I presume)
I think my internal alarm bell would have been ringing ! £140 for 7 nights for two people in a 5 star hotel including breakfast :yikes At £10 pppn I think although this seemed the deal of the century the old addage of "if it seems to good to be true it probably is".
That would have been my reaction too. As they say there is no such thing as a free lunch!!

I think that at this late stage you only really have the option of going with the alternative offered or cancelling the accommodation and re-booking your hotel at a substanially higher price.

Pippa
the price on LCH is £429 each for a week for your dates ,showing its available, so looks to me as they have made a mistake with the price and are trying it on.

i would contact ros and ask for her advice, at least you will know legally where you stand
Thanks for your advice, still waiting to hear off LCH going in a weeks time, No flight tickets received yet, no hotel sorted, no transfers sorted. Getting concerned as I will be working upto next weekend so can not even phone them (can't imagine my work letting me hang on a phone for an hour waiting for a reply) I did inform LCH that I would not be available after that day by phone, but was told they would ring me that afternoon! I know some people think I shouldn't expect 5 star accomodation at the bargain price we paid, but after checking other internet sites in December when we booked, they all had this same offer for a garden view room with the said hotel and actually I have twice booked 1 week holidays in 4star Riu hotels in Gran Canaria for £350 for 2 people with flights, transfers all in with no problems whatsoever albeit through TC & Portland holidays so there is bargains to be had. My only option now is to keep emailing them. I may ring this lady up that is being advised if I can get contact after 6.30pm.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.