Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I watched a programme today at 1.30pm about caravans in Benidorm.Ricky Tomlinson had a challenge to get a caravan,awning etc for under £20,000 :sun2 .It also showed some beautiful parts of Benidorm that are not so popular with holiday makers.After the team had finished it was amazing with a fitted kitchen in the awning along with a dining room suite and a large sofa.Did anyone see this?Which site was it on as I missed the first 5 minutes.I would love to sell my caravan here and buy one in Benidorm,If only I could persuade my husband. :rofl
I just caught the last 15 minutes of this, i did'nt know it was on at all and just caught it by pure chance, hope it gets repeated because i missed most of it. Hav'nt a clue which site it was on. Incidently Ricky Tomlinson was on the same flight as us back to Liverpool, when we went to Beni in January. This is the second time we have flown back on the same flight as him now. I assume this is not the same programme that he was supposed to be filming, showing why he liked Benidorm so much, because i thought that one was going to be on ITV but was delayed due to Ricky having heart surgery!

Best Regards - Taggy
There were bits in the programme of him showing the bits of Benidorm he liked best,including the animal park and the island.
I was just flicking through the channels while I was having a cuppa and saw this just after it began.My friend used to go to El Raco every winter but I dont think it was filmed there.There is a website where you can watch BBC programmes that you have missed and as this was on BBC2 you should be able to watch it.
i know that ricky owns a caravan on the vilamar site so i would assume it was that one
I tried to find it on bbci player yesterday but it's not on. I caught the last 5 minutes of it. Brother in has a caravan near him.
I downloaded it from the BBC I player last night. It is still there for the next 6 day's. Look under R in the A - Z section.
It was quite good, showed a few places in Benidorm.
Judging by the programme Ricky travels light. He wore the same shirt every day.
I tried that today fuzzy and the screen freezes just before it starts, everytime :(
Well I managed to watch it all this afternoon. It was a good programme, amazing what you can do with the awnings.
Don't think caravanning of that type is for me. It all looks so cramped and caravans are really close together. I was quite jealous of my brother in law having a caravan in Beni, but not now. I must prefer the big huge statics we get over here. Where we stay, the caravans are quite away from each other so you don't feel like your in each others pockets.
My static here is 39ftx12ft,has central heating,double glazing and a bathroom that is bigger than my one at home as it includes a separate shower cubicle and a bath!.I still would love it if my hubby agreed to sell it for one in Benidorm as ours is in the Pennines and we are often at the mercy of the elements!
When my friend used to stay at El Raco caravan site we used to go and visit her and some of those awnings are amazing,especially the ones that are double glazed.
I think caravans are something you either love or hate. :rofl
Hi we are thinking of buying a caravan in Benidorm and living out there.Does anyone know If there are broadband facility's or you can get sky?
hi, new to site hope you can help me out, we spent last winter in benidorm on camping el raco and we had a great time we would like to try a different campsite this winter more or less in the same area we came across camping el jardin in an area called playa muchavista near campello it is really cheap so any info or advice would be appreciated thanks.
anybody go camping in costa blanca,spain would like to know what el campello is like,playa muchavista area;
TA
Police officers from Lancashire's Serious and Organised Crime Unit, working in conjunction the Guardia Civil and UK insurance investigators, have raided a number of campsites in the Benidorm area this week and discovered that a significant number of the caravans had been stolen in the UK.

During the first two days of the operation, it is estimated that 1 in every 4 caravans checked were previously reported stolen in the UK. The value of the stolen caravans discovered so far has been put at €1m. It is understood that none of the caravans had the correct legal paperwork or receipts, and that their VINs(vehicle identification numbers) may have been removed or tampered with.

All of the caravans are believed to have been bought by British ex-pats, who may now face losing them or else have to negotiate to buy them for a second time, from UK insurers who technically own them following settlement of insurance claims with the original owners.

Anyone considering the purchase of a caravan on the Costa Blanca or elsewhere should have proper checks conducted to verify its ownership and legality. Police advise that caravans should not be purchased in cash, and that a bank system should be used instead. They also advise that the caravan's history should be verified via the HPI system, which will check for any outstanding finance or reports of any insurance claims related to the VIN number. The cost of a check can be as little as £14.95, which may be a small price to pay compared to what could be lost if an unchecked caravan is subsequently discovered to be stolen and is reclaimed by the insurance company.

For more information on HPI checks and the Caravan Registration and Identification Scheme (CRiS), please click here.

The joint police investigation on the Costa Blanca continues.

David :wave
UK police have been back in the Benidorm area again this week, finding even more caravans that had been stolen in this country before being shipped to Spain, where they were sold to unsuspecting locals and ex pats.

Many of these innocent buyers had given up everything in the UK and put life savings into their new caravans on the Costa Blanca. They now find that the insurance companies are the rightful owners and face having to negotiate with them to purchase their caravan homes for a second time.

Anyone considering the purchase of a caravan on the Costa Blanca, or elsewhere, is reminded to use those links given above to verify its ownership and legality.

This week's developments on the Costa Blanca were filmed by the BBC for broadcast in the near future on a consumer affairs programme.

David :wave
HI
My mother in law lives on El Raco and has done for over 3 years and absolutely loves it. They have everything from heating to internet and satellite tv, it can all be obtained locally in benidorm you just have to make sure you go to the right people. Be carefull as with the stolen caravans there are alot of rip off merchants around who are willing to do jobs for you. There is also a new up and coming site called Armanello which is walking distance to the town and the sunday market and phase 2 is brand new, fantastic new facilities and great rates.
Ricky Tomlinson now has a static home on a new site in Alfaz del Pi, he sold his van on Villamar. Passed him in Benidorm the other day as he was bimbling around.
With regards to the stolen caravans a friend of ours bought a caravan from someone on El Raco, it was a hobby and had already been scanned by the police on their rounds a few weeks earlier and all was OK. Just make sure you see all original documents and have the relevant checks done that dave suggests it will save the heartache later.
All I can say to the people wanting to move over into a caravan, you will either love it or hate it but you wont know until you try it.
anyone who has been to camping elraco will remember pedro.well he is nolonger there.i have now found it is a better place to be
Dear All

I own and rent out staic caravans in North Wales and am now loking to expand my venture to Benidorm. After trawling the internet for days I have neded up back here. I do know most of the sites in and around benidorm but am unsure of prices etc. and site rules etc., e.g. some say they are for family use only and won't let you rent them out etc. I wonder if any of you have or know anyone that has a caravan in Spain. This will be a permanent holiday spot and I do not want to buy a tourer or move sites etc.

Many thanks

Jo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.