Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thanks lovemyhols, I have found out a little more now, it is right near the infanteria bakery , which is a good loction for me so I have gone ahead and booked :)
The Lambana Hotel was formally known as the DIYANA HOLIDAY RESORT.
This is right next door to the Park Avenue Hotel, near the Infantaria and next to the little lane that led down to the "other" Red Lion Pub in Calangute.
I have stayed in Park Avenue since 2005 and have always wondered about the block next door. According to Goan myth it went into liquadation and everyone, including Brits who had bought apartments was made to leave.

3 holidays later at Park Avenue, we were always wondering what would happen to the complex. This year (2008) was particularly busy, especially with workmen waking you up. Or if you were in a prime position at Park Avenue you could see all the workers going around their busy duties.

This hotel is in a prime position on the Baga/Calangute Road and looking at the pictures, looks very nice indeed.
However we will still be booking into Park Avenue this year, but will have a good nosey and a visit next door to Lambana. It's probably going to be a better star rating than Park Avenue next door, but I love Park Avenue!

See you at Park Avenue in Feb!

Fiona, Sorry going to start a thread on DIYANA, because a lot of people I know are wondering about what is happening to it.

P.S If you google DIYANA, you well get results . Just goes to show the websites that are not updated! Hotel has been empty since at least 2005!
This place is situated in the heart of the Calangute city. The Unique selling proposition of this place is its value for money, i.e. it offers rooms at much reasonable rates and the proximity to the beach, famous restaurants and discs makes it a worth stay.
The place is newly started and well furnished
I visited the Lambana in December as I will be staying there in March and thought if I didn't like the look then I could change hotels when I got home, but no need , it really is lovely , rooms are very , very nice (for Goa LOL) , well appointed and in a great position for the tibetan market ;)

Pool area loked very nice too , so I am really looking forward to my stay there :)
Does anyone have the telephone number of the Lambana Hotel in Calangute or even better an email addres
Many thanks
Thanks re phone number but for anyone that wants it number has been changed to : +91 832 645 3152
Tried to call and get email address but i have taken it down somewhat wrong - if anyone has email address would love to have it.

Thanks
i have read some good reviews for this hote - does anyone know which t/o go there?
thanks
Hi Bushbaby

I looked at the hotel last year for someone and they said they thought it was lovely and would recommend it.

Mike
thanks mike.it has really good reviews but i haven't been able to find it with any tour operators so i dont know if they are now only doing private bookings,but i'll keep trying!
I looked at the Lambana on the travel agents gazetteer today and only Manos feature it for 09/10 season, I stayed there in March this year and it is a cracking little hotel.
hi shirley thanks for that.manos is now thomas cook but they arn't showing it. thomas cook dont seem to do 21 nights either.have to find somewhere else!
Yes you are right Manos are indeed part of Thomas Cook, I am a travel agent and I checked the Lambana on quite a lot of dates and although there is some availability for the coming season many dates are fully booked, there are good reviews on this hotel and only about 25 rooms so it is not surprising.
thanks shirley, although i usually try to book on-line it might be worth a trip to a travel agent then to see if they can find me a holiday here.do you know if i can get 21 nts with thomascook through a t/a?
thanks
Bushbaby

I'm sure you must be able to go with Thomas Cook for 21 nights. We've booked flight only with them for 21 days and if they are selling the flight only seats I would think they are most certainly sellng the full package of hotel and flight for 21 nights.

I should think any travel agent can help you out.
Friends of ours are going to Goa in January for 28 days with thomas cook,as they have for the last couple of years,they have never had a problem. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.