EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi Kev.

You'll probably do better asking here or here.

Mark
Kev...

I have been asked this on CyprusLiving a thousand times, the answer is yes you can bring your car here for not a lot of shipping cost but would I do it then I would say forget it, far too much hassle at this end and it could work out very expensive and also frustrating....my advice sell it in the UK and buy here, you also benefit from a warrantee and parts should be sourced locally... but your choice, good advice from Mark I live in Pafos and the link to the first site is also repeated here, do look at both sites as information gained by the thousands who have already moved here will be invaluable to you...

good luck, see you on CL.. :D
Thanks Guys

Checked the sites out that you supplied & it only confirmed my own feelings that this was becoming one big headache that I did not want.

thanks again

kev
:shock:
Was in cyprus recently on inspection visit and asked if it was worthwhile bringing my car from u.k. if i moved over. I was told that as i drive a 2.5 Jaguar that is only 2 years old it was certainly worthwhile importing it, and should i sell it in cyprus i would get considerably more cash for it than in u.k. due to the high import taxes to be paid on this range of cars when cyprus citizens purchase them from abroad, apparantly they are considered a rarity and as a result second hand jags--mercs--bmw are sought after. Can you tell me if this is correct or not.
Take that with a pinch of salt, motors here are coming down in price all the time, and many here are on low wages so finding a buyer who would give you more than it's price may be difficult, the problem is not bringing your Jag here it is going through the dreadful procedure of the Customs & Excise, you may find this like my neighbour here hopeless and expensive, they asked them for Thirteen thousand pounds for duty before they would sigh it off, so they shipped it back to the UK at great loss to them, was it a special car? no it was just an ordinary four wheel drive Pajero, many post on CL the same problems, only a few have said it was a breeze, most like me say forget it, and at the moment this advice, take it or leave it, is the same.

good luck..

see link http://cyprusliving.netfirms.com/phpbb/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2924

p.s Jags are not rare here, there are several dealerships on the Island...p.s I used to live in Allesley near Coventry, you will of course know what did happen there.. :cry: as for Merc's most taxi drivers use them..
:oops:
Thanks a lot for that jimbox. obviously information given to me was a load of mince?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.