Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Iberia are the Spanish national airline. They service their planes correctly, the flights are both domestic and international, and they are a quite ordinary normal airline company, though their tickets tend to be a tad pricey. Their principal hub is Madrid airport.
Hi all, has anyone flown with Iberia lately? If so what was your opinion please? We are going to the Algarve with them on the 20th and I've been told a couple of horror stories :?
Ellie
Hiya, can't imagine what type of horror stories you will have been told :D ! As Alsa says they are the national carrier of Spain and are as good as any other I have flown.
Thanks Sue, that's reassuring, I know the flight isn't particularly important when it's only a couple of hours but friends of ours flew with them a couple of months ago and said the crew were appalling and the food inedible.
Always better to ask on here then to worry in my opinion :)
Thanks again
Ellie
eloisa

Try having a browse through http://www.airlinequality.com and look up airline opinions.will tell you all you need to know
Thanks Paully, will do :D
Wish I hadn't looked now lol
Just returned from round trip Malaga-Madrid with Iberia. Bit of a hold up at Malaga as B757 scheduled for this flight went "sick" and replacement was found within 30 minutes. While leg room etc on board was pretty fine the interior was quite frankly tacky and bits of arm rests etc were easily "removed". Flight and crew were fine. On the return (different 757) it also looked a bit tacky. Well seeing they now use the ones they have left on domestic services. Again though good flight and smiley crew.

Nivsy
Iberia strike hits hundreds of flights

Pilots at Iberia have called a seven-day strike starting on today in protest at the company's plans to start a low-cost airline.

The strike has been called by the SEPLA union and will mean reduced services between July 10-16.

At least 240 flights were reportedly cancelled today after last-ditch talks failed to persuade pilots that their jobs were not in danger.

Details of the cancelled flights between July 10-16 are being listed on the Spanish carrier's website at http://www.iberia.com . The airline said it would refund the cost of tickets of change flights for passengers holding tickets for the July 10-16 period providing requests are made by July 30.

A spokesman for British Airways, Iberia's codeshare partner, said Iberia has so far only announced its stoppages for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

On Heathrow-Madrid services, Iberia will only operate four of its seven daily flights, while BA will operate its five flights as normal.

On Heathrow-Barcelona, Iberia will fly only two of its four daily flights and BA will fly its usual four flights.

"Any booking through the trade that is for an Iberia flight has been queued back to the agent who will now have to re-book," said the spokesman.

Catair, Iberia's new low-cost airline, is expected to become one of Spain's biggest carriers.

The airline plans to start flights in October with three aircraft serving national and international routes out of Barcelona.

In 2007, Catair plans to operate 14 aircraft, carrying five million passengers, and will double that again in 2008.

Planned new routes from Barcelona include Malaga, Seville, Amsterdam, Dublin, Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Lisbon, Oporto, and Moscow.

With permission from Travelmole
Pilots call off Iberia strike

A strike by pilots which crippled Iberia for three days has been called off.

The cost of the disruption at the Spanish carrier is reportedly estimated at 5 million euros a day.

The dispute came to an end after the airline committed to retain its pilots despite plans to launch a new low cost carrier, Catair, in October.

Iberia flights are not expected to be running fully to schedule until the end of today after more than 200 services a day were grounded since Monday.

With permission from Travelmole
I know there is a 20kg per person limit on economy class hold luggage - but, does anyone know if I can take 2 pieces of luggage (ie: case and guitar - don't ask!) within this allowance? Can't find this info on their website or an e-mail address and am fed up with their ansaphone telling me all of their agents are busy!
Would be grateful for any help - thanks
Sorry - posted on wrong site - can I move this to Flight only site???

**Moved - Admin**
Within their European network, officially you can only check one bag in and officially you can only take one small piece of hand luggage but with typical latin unsoucciance hardly anybody seems to actually enforce this! Outgoing passengers from the UK will find that Security staff will enforce the one bag rule but once outside the UK you're likely to find passengers toting multiple bags on Iberia flights. However, a guitar will be too big to get away with taking as handbaggage on any airline so the best bet is to try and check it in but I hope you have a decent hard case for it. And be warned - on a recent trip which involved a connection in Madrid for Seville my case didn't make the connection and arrived in seville the day after I did!

SM
Hi, flying out of heathrow via madrid to fuerteventura with iberia airlines.......the luggage allowance is 20kg per person . i would like to pack my husbands and sons clothes in one case, can anyone tell me the maximum a case can weigh......is it still 32kg ? thanks
Had a look on the website and the maximum a case can weigh is 23kgs which I think is the norm now because of Health & Safety Rules.

Anyway, my advice would be to mix your packing between all your cases - that way if one case goes astray you will all still have something to wear. It does happen you know!

Pippa
Hi, thanks for your reply. I also managed to look on the website today and then decided to phone iberia customer services..........the lady on the phone advised that all luggage allowance on iberia has changed and mine is now 23kgs, not 20kgs as stated on e-ticket. Also as long as we are within the total allowance of 92kgs for the four of us its okay for a case to be heavier than 23kgs but not more than 32kgs. :que
Hi, I am traveling from Heathrow-Madrid-Tenerife(South) in December, this is the first time I have ever used a connecting flight with Iberia and was wondering whether my flights will both arrive and depart(in Madrid) from terminal 4, or do I have to connect to terminal 4S at any point? The London sectors are also operated by Iberia, not BA.

Thanks,
Nick.
nickappel,

Iberia operate out of T4 at Madrid-Barajas so you shouldn't have to change terminals. T4 and T4s are linked via an underground train. I'm fairly sure all your flights are T4 though.

Darren
Hi,

We have been doing this journey for many years now. Sometimes we do have to change terminals, if you look at your etickets it should tell on there what terminal you will be arriving/departing from, if not, go onto the website and choose your flights, view price then it should tell you on there.

I believe Darren is correct, I cannot remember if we were on a BA leg when we had to change termnal.

If you let me know what fllights you are on I can have a look if you can't find out.
Hi, thanks for the help Munchito, on the website is says terminal 4 for both legs, so hopefully its correct, dont know whether or not they would specify terminal 4S though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.