Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
I would opt for cristian sur as it has a quieter section .Tenerife sur has one row that face onto a busy road. Cristian sur looks nicer too,
I would also recommend Cristian Sur, but you should try and request a pool view, as there are many apartments at this complex too which overlook the busy main road.

If you have access to cheap flights and might like to consider DIY, you can book these apartments with on-site booking agency Atlantic Horizons. The telephone number is 0034 922 79 02 99 and you can speak to Richard or Gaynor, who are always very helpful to HTs members.

David :wave
I am going to the Cristian Sur apartments in Los Cristianos in 4 weeks with my wife and 7 year old daughter and have just read on a holiday review that the pool at these apartments has no water in and hasn't had for the last few years.
Could anybody who has recently been there please tell me if this is correct.

Many thanks, Mick
:) I am going to the Cristian Sur on Friday (2 ad 2 teenage boys) 8) we are staying in an apartment owned by my friend and although some work was done on the pool around april time it is all complete. Will report back if any different when I return. I am sure you will have a great time here. my friend has owned her apartment for 5 years and has never had a single complaint in all this time and has many repeat bookings from families as well as couples, so I think that speaks for itself. :lol: :lol:
We stayed in these apartments in June booked through Mytours,the staff are very good and polite and the rooms in the old block are comfortable but maybe needing upgrading.They are very clean and towels changed every other day sheets every 3 days.
In the new block they looked better but as we never viewed inside the apartments we can only speculate.
If you want a sunbed then get up early as they are locked up every night and you queue in the morning to get one,but after saying that on most occasions we got one after lunch.
Two swimming pools one for the kiddies which is ace,my grand daughter would not get out of it...
There are no cockeroaches in the rooms which is good news and in fact we only saw 2 all week but they were around the pool,drinks are a bit iffy price wise in the hotel as is the food we were told the 10 Euro buffet was cold every night.
If you want a good drink go over the road to the last bar from the left cant remember the name but a young English couple have just bought it and she puts the glasses in the freezer to keep your beer cool...COOOOLL
But all in all 9\10 we loved it and wished we had booked two weeks
:D Have just got back today from Cristian Sur. Both pools are open. the one pool was closed and having work done on it but it opened when we got there. They are still doing some gardening work but nothing to stop your enjoyment. You will be spoilt for choice on where to eat. We had excellent meals at Charly's, Church Street, Treasure all you can eat buffet, Brilliante, the Royal Oak and an excellent meal was had just across the road at Margareta's (8.50 euro for 3 courses) would recommend this to everyone. I am sure you will have an excellent time. We are looking to go back at Easter we had such an excellent time. 8) 8)
Cheers for the info, we go to the Cristian Sur on the 19th - can't wait now.

Thanks, Mick
hi, we are off to tenerife sur apartments march 10th, los christianos, we have not visited tenerife before, so any hints tips etc about the accomodation and resort would be really useful,
thanks lisa
very good appartments have sent you a pm
hi we have just come back from a 5 week stay in loscristanos
across the road from apartments there is a lovley backery does fresh bread and pies and cakes
back of the apartments there is porkys bar does good sunday dinner and merry monk does good entertaiment
another nice place to eat is cross the road to cristain sur go left walk down it called brassiera you normally have to book the steaks are lovley
normally most place are good eating out
if you want a supermarket up past the bus station called thr treble as some good stuff
have a great hol from sue
thanks sue
did you actually stay at the ten sur, if so what did you think to the apartments themselves and the pool area etc.
Lisa
Hi Lisa

We've stayed at the Tenerife Sur twice (2 adults 1 infant) and have no complaints about the complex. The staff are friendly and courteous, the appartments are clean and the pool area is well maintained. Be aware that the pool is open to the sister appartments across the road (Christian Sur) and it can get a little cramped when it comes to allocating space for the free sun loungers, the brits also have a habit of getting up before the pool staff and reserving spaces hours before they actually start to use them.

The Apollo CC found behind the complex, has a travel agency that we found offered the best exchange rate on sterling travellers cheques, there are also some friendly English run bars offering good home cooked food if you've got kids who are set in their ways food wise.

On the shopping front for self catering supplies, the Apollo CC is home to a Netto, and if you are venturing down towards the beach call into the Spanish supermarket opposite the petrol station, it cramped chaotic, used by the locals and cheap.

Terry
terry,
thanks for your reply, very helpful.
Lisa
I just returned from a great holiday a few weeks back. Me, the wife and our 2 kids stayed at Cristian Sur which is fantastic. has all the things for families and a nice big swimming pool. We decided to stay close to the apartment our first night so we could get our bearings right and we ended up in a pretty little bar called 'Tiffanys'. Its opposite Cristian Sur. We got talking to the owners Mike & Senga and when we found out they were Scottish that was us. We went back every night after. Its great as they do some excellent Music quizzes, competitions and theres a pool table which is great for the kids. The prices were reasonable seeing as we drank cocktails most of the holiday and I have to say their Scottish Steak Pie is worth going to Tenerife for alone. Alone Louise really liked Mikes curry. Its a beautiful bar with lots of Tiffany lamps above the bar. If your looking for a friendly little bar where you always feel welcome drop by. I know I will be when I go back.
hi there does anyone no the email address or website of these apartments and are they in a good location for bars and kids entertainment thank you :lol:
hi can anyone tell me which apartment block is the best to stay in tenerife sur or the cristian sur as there been a new block built is one more livelier than the other got a 6 yr old so wanting playground etc many thanks :lol:
We stayed at Cristian Sur and stayed local every night. Theres about 10 good bars in the area. Theres the Funchal strip with lots of karaoke bars opposite Tenerife Sur. This can be fun but at times it gets quiet violent and the music and noise doesnt stop till 3 or 4 am. Opposite Cristian Sur theres a few bars and restaurantsa also. Theres The Beer Engine if you like a pubby pub which is closed in. Quiet nice though. Theres Tiffanys which we liked most. You'll notice all the Tiffany lights outside and inside. Plus theres a pool table on the rooftop terrace. Theres an Asian restaurant next door which is good. Its called fusion. Mostly Thai cuisine. I'd stay at Cristian Sur. Its quieter.
thank you for the info john really helpfull
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.