Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Air Europa
22 Posts
Just as an add on to all the above - Air Europa operate a modern fleet of 30 Boeing 737 800 series aircraft, with additional orders in the bag!

Nivsy
Many thanks for the replies. I have had a look at the reviews and i am slightly worried about the lack of in-flight entertainment as my two children look forward to this. We normally fly with Britainia and the kids really enjoy the music and children's channels. I think i will have to go prepared with entertainment of our own!
Many thanks for the replies. I have had a look at the reviews and i am slightly worried about the lack of in-flight entertainment as my two children look forward to this. We normally fly with Britainia and the kids really enjoy the music and children's channels. I think i will have to go prepared with entertainment of our own!

I am the author of the long(ish) post on that link above. My post is a rather long one. Regarding In Flight Enterntainment on Air Europa Flights. Please bare in mind the date of my Post.....October 2005. It has been almost seven months since I flew with Air Europa so things may have changed. But to reiterate here my experience of Air Europa:

In Flight Entertainment on Air Europa Flights.

Well basically it was non-existent on my Outbound and Inbound flights. There were drop down TV screens but these only showed what I took to be Advertisements for the Scheduled Flights that Air Europa operate. The soundtrack was all in Spanish and certainly not at all entertaining. Informative yes perhaps, if you can read and understand Spanish and are a Business Flyer. But for the Charter Passenger.....nope. Very, very boring. There were no *Kiddies Fun Packs* or anything like that. The In Flight Magazine was all in Spanish and again basically consisted of Spanish Advertisements.

I packed my own Headset but it was useless. There was no music. So they might have well stayed at home. So, yes, if you have kiddies, you will need to *pack* your own in flight entertainment, just in case.

But please bare in mind, things may have changed in the past few months since I flew with Air Europa and hopefully there will be a few HT members who can give you some more up to date info.....but it would be best to go prepared......forwarned is forarmed so to speak. Apart from that, Air Europa is not a bad little Airline, with friendly Spanish Flight Attendants and the leg room and seat pitch was reasonable.

My recollection of Air Europa is based on a Return Flight with them from Humberside to Alicante in October of 2005. Please take this into consideration when reading my review.

If you take a look at the following Website, this would tend to indicate that Air Europa have indeed made some improvements to their In Flight Entertainment Service since my flight last October: :arrow:
For Air Europa In Flight Entertainment Details Click Here

Although, having a good read of this website myself, and taking a look at the images on the site, IMHO this looks like a Business Flight and the Cabin Crew are certainly not dressed in the cheap Denim Uniform they were attired in on my flights. I don't think this site concerns Air Europa Charter Flights :?: :hmmm. It looks more like a Business Class Cabin on a Scheduled Flight :?:
As a further point of interest regarding Britannia Flights. You never stated in your post which Home Airport you depart from, but I can confirm that to the best of my knowledge, all previous Operations by the former Britannia Airlines (now renamed ThomsonFly) out of Humberside Airport are now operated by Air Europa.
In contrast to an earlier posting, Air Europa DO provide a free, hot, in-flight meal. All meal was edible apart from coleslaw minus mayonnaise, which everyone left!
There was no entertainment on board.
We have just returned from Tenerife with them - some delay on plane before take off, and delay due to conveyor belt breaking down at airport, but otherwise fine. There are leg room seats in middle of plane, which seemed to be allocated randomly and free of charge. We were seated at front in leather seats for 'business class' - again, no extra charge. Would travel with them again.
I Have returned yesterday from Palma we flew on 737 do not accept seat 10 A as it has NO WINDOW you cannot see out of ANY window.I was allocated this seat going out and back. I do not suffer from claustrophobia but on the return I moved to a spare seat as I felt ill , the lack of light and felt so enclosed. Pleased that there was a spare seat and it was a short flight .
We are flying Air Europa on 30th June (Glasgow to Palma).
Anyone flown with them before. I was wondering about in flight services (radio/television etc)..do they have any?

Their website is a bit unclear..it looks like it has been interpreted from Spanish and I cant get a clear picture of services onboard during this type of trip. :cry:

Seems they have nice new set of aircraft etc., but any other help would be appreciated. :lol:

shoestring
If you are on a 737 no TV or Radio. The TV screens come down to show safety demo and thats all. The crew we had spoke English but not very well. We were unable to book meal as we booked with Thomsonfly and very limited snacks (1 sandwich) only crisps and chocolate but you could buy a hot drink at €3 each! Also prices in € on board CBG
Cant seem to find an Air Europa thread. But I'm pretty new to all of this so I'm sorry if this is one and I've done another!

I'm flying with them in July to Fuerteventura from Humberside and was wondering what there like? Are they a sister of Spanair?

No-one I know has flown with them and would like a little information please.

Also my bf has food allergies and in the past we have been granted extra hand luggage for him so he can carry some food when asking if we could this year Thomas Cook said we need to contact the airline which is starting to become impossible!! Previously our tour operator would sort this out but Thomas Cook refuse to help.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated

many thanks xfairytalesx
  • Edited by David 2008-06-01 20:53:16
    Hi xfairytalesx .. I have merged your enquiry with this existing 2 page topic, which hopefully may contain some useful info while you wait for further advice on your specific points.
xfairytalesx,

Plenty of information on here but for more recent opinions, refer to Airline Quality.

Darren
thanks david and darren thats brilliant.
I have heard that as of next year air europa are cutting their flights to tenerife from norwich airport, i am quite concerned as i have booked to use this route for summer 09 :think , if anyone has any news that would be great, i am hoping that it is just a rumour, as i don't fancy a trek to stansted :rage .
vicjayhay

Re Air Europa flights from Norwich. I spoke to them re this and they have confirmed that flight AEA226 (outbound) and AEA 225 (return) will be running all year round on a Tuesday for the foreseeable future. The aircraft will be a 183 seater. They still do not take pre-bookings on seats with extra leg room.

cannon
Yes I agree, try to get to the airport early
Hi Everybody

I was due to fly to Las Palmas tomorrow morning with Futura, but they ceased trading last night.

We've been switched to a flight 12 hours later with Air Europa. Does anyone have any info / experience of this airline.

Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi chicklet .. I have merged your enquiry with this Air Europa Q&As topic, which may provide you with some useful info.

David :wave
chicklet,

Aer Europa is a reputable long established Spanish charter airline. Similar aircraft to the UK airlines you may have flown with. Not sure of the onbard services as far as meals are concerned ( certaimly will have the opportunity for buying drinks snacks etc )as that will be down to what your tour operator has decided. Might not be any IFE so take a book/ipod.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Thanks David and Stewart

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

You've put my mind at rest. I'd never heard of Europa before today. I can start looking forwrd to my holiday again. (even though we're getting a day less, thanks to Futura!)

Thanks again

Chicklet
Hi got a last minute deal to Teneriffe from East midlands. Fly out Sunday 4th Oct 2009 12:20
Fly out on Air Europa return with Thomas Cook...
Any idea what aircraft / experience we can expect?
Thanx !!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.