Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
We went here last year and really enjoyed it. It's a Louis hotel and they are generally good quality. The food is great, the drinks menu very good. I don't know what the weather is like but I'm sure it must be hotting up by then (we went in August). The turtles won't be nesting, that happens in August, but you may be able to go on one of the many boat trips offered across the beach.

The hotel entertainment is poor (I suppose that would depend on the annimation team at the time). However, the hotel is in an excellent position, a fantastic beach (the part infront of the hotel isn't a road) when the turtles nest they start doing that just outside the hotel. The beach and the sea are beautiful. You can walk along the beach or by road or even do a 'round the block' at night to walk into town with its many bars.

There are plenty of places to sit at night, the 'entertainment' is down by the pool area, with the pool bar open. But there is another bar in the hotel, you can sit on the large outdoor terrace or the inside bar area or the massive lounge area. The drinks at this hotel however are bar service only.
like Lisa says you're pretty much assured of quality when you go to a Louis hotel, which is always nice :D
If anyone has stayed at this hotel would you please assist your fellow holidaymakers by writing your review here:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/greece/zante/laganas/zante-beach-hotel-louis/(Louis)/

Thanks

luci :wave
hiya
The louis zante beach is one of the best places i have ever stayed its fabulous great rooms, great food, big enough pool and its right on the beach and also not far from the nightlife which i loved :D i was there in june-july 2003 and the entertainment was brilliant but like someone has already said it depends on the animation team but if they are anything like the ones we had then the entertainment will be brilliant!!
i also went a couple of years ago twice and both times was in beginning to middle of june and we always saw the turtles dont miss them its amazing well we thought so!!
Hope this helps!!
Hi steve tracy.. :yipee

I have not stayed at the Hotel but i have called in for refreshments when on the beach nearby and as stated above it looked very good.

End of May start of June should be great for weather.

We were there mid May 10th - 24th 2004 and it was just hotting up after a few storms at the start of may. I was on zante in early june 2001 and it was beautiful for the whole two weeks.

Where you are staying is pretty much the start of "Turtle Beach" to see the turtles you can hire a pedalo and go see them yourselves. best time is around mid / late afternoon 2pm to 5pm thats when ive seen them and snorkelled with them fairly close to the beach. There are turtle spotting boats but it has been said they tend to harass the turtles which are laden with eggs so not the best thing to do.

if any of you scuba the hotel has a dive centre located at the hotel so take your PADI cards if you have them or you can hire the better quality masks & snorkels if you fancy a swim with the turtles.

Other things to do are at least one round the island boat trip or look up zakfari http://www.zakfari.com/ not for the feint hearted :shock: but well recomended..

paul..
Going to this hotel at the end of May (23rd) for 2 weeks
Has anybody stay at the hotel, if so what can I expect?
Is the food good, what are the rooms like, is the entertainment any good, etc?
Can anyone tell me if the turtles will be in the bay at that time of year, I know that they don't nest until August time?
Any other tips on places/trips to do and what to avoid!
There will be 4 adults and 1 child (8yrs) .
Any information will be much appreciated.

Thanks
:) :D
Steve
Hi if you check on Hotel Reviews (Top left on this site) go onto Zante you will find loads of reviews about this Hotel, they all look good
Hope this helps you
Margaret(Madmum) :roll:
We stayed at this hotel during August 2003.
We personally are fans of Louis Hotels and will be staying in our 4th different one this year. Your room should be very nice there are ones in the main building which we stayed in, and then other in smaller blocks around the grounds. The food was very nice and an impresive cocktail menu which you could order from (we stayed all-inclusive). There were 3 bars in operation during the time of year which we went.
We always paid to have sunbeds on the beach. The guy right outside the front of the hotel reserved the waterfront ones for us everyday for a fortnight so no need to get up!
The turtles were around when we were there but I don't know if you'll see any in May.
The entertainment wasn't our cup of tea, but if one of your party has a child with them then this may suit.
I did write a lengthy review at the time but I think when Van changed the site it remained on the old one.
Going to Zante first 2 weeks in May, anybody know what to expect weather wise?
Just wanted some advice, I have seen the web site for this hotel and it gives some great pictures. But the one of the main pool area makes it look like there is only a few sunbeds and umbrellas. It's not a getting up at 6.am job is it. I was almost set to book this hotel for September until I saw this. Can anyone help
Also just wanted to know if the entertainment team are the same as last year as they get great reviews. Cheers :wink:
We stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.

I don't think that the pool area is big enough for the size of the hotel, although the day we arrived we got sunbeds round the pool at 2pm and this was August.
We had sunbeds on the beach after that for a couple of reasons, one there were hundreds of wasps and seemed worse around the pool than the beach, and the other reason the beach is so gorgeous there.
We got beds right on the waters edge which were fantastic and the man (right outside the hotel) who ran the beds saved us the same ones every day. I think it was 8 euros and this was for 2 beds with cushions, an unbrella, a table ashtray and a chair, he also raked the sand every morning, this stretch of the beach was incredibly clean.

I don't know about the entertainment team - sorry.
Thanks lisaeugene it does sound as if the beach is the main attraction. But for this year we have decided to book into the Atlantica Bay in Limmasol but this hotel sounds a definite possiblity for next year. Cheers
Thinking of going ourselves to this hotel end of August with 2 children age 7 and 1. However, we like to take a wander at night and are a bit put off with reviews of the resort being 18-30 and not very family orientated. Can anyone comment on this? Would appreiate any advice!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.