Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Aqualandia
97 Posts
If you like really steep slides, then you are right there.
Take old trousers, you can throw them into the garbage after the rides.

Our children didn't like ist (10 and 12 years).
The adult slides too steep, the children rides for Babies

We prefer Terra Mitica
Hi hilshols .... I hope that you are perhaps just planning early, as Aqualandia is a 'summer' attraction and does not open until the beginning of May.

For directions, opening times, ticket prices, virtual tour, etc please click HERE.

David :wave
I think it's a great place, our kids love it. A lot of the slides do have a height restriction which means our five year old can't go on them but she still goes on the black hole (her favourite), mini zigzag (which I wouldn't describe as "just for babies"), the big wave pool, the paddle boats and the kids pool (which has its own slides). Buy cheap shorts in town, about £3, because it is easy to split them when you hit the splash pools at the bottom of the slides. I split mine on the mini zigzag of all things! Luckily I had swimming trunks underneath or it could have been an embarrassing bus ride back! Make sure you are well covered in suncream because there isn't much shelter apart from the picnic areas. We do take picnics but to be honest the food for sale isn't extortionate. We buy tickets at the Gestaltur agency, they are no cheaper than on the gate but you can jump the queue. You can leave all your stuff in lockers at the changing room. Don't go early in your holiday because you'll burn and your feet won't be tough enough, wearing flip flops is a bit of a pain because the attendants won't let you wear them (or even carry them) on the slides.
If you've been to the water parks in Kusidasi, Turkey then Aqualandia is poor. If you haven't then it is probably good.

You get charged a lot for the lockers. You get charged a lot for the rubber rings. You get charged a lot for the Sunbeds.

The water is saline and it hoofs in places and as I have said in another post, I have walked out of better smelling public toilets.

If you want to swim withthe seals I would watch a show first as it looked a bit of a rip off to me.

Watch out on the rapids as it is easy to get knowcked off the ring and as people congregate you can get trapped under water. My duaghter was picked upon by some "foreigners" not Spanish, and she ended up walking back down the hill very upset for the rest of the day. As a watching parent you have no access or sight so rely upon the Spanish HSE but there probably isn't any..

By the time we wanted something to eat all the cafe's had closed.

It is best to take your own ring with you.
If you have little to compare this place with then it is good.
Hi

Thanks to everyone for your help and advice, great to hear everyone's views. We are going in August, so sounds like we might boil! :oops:

Thanks again.

Hils
we went to Aqualandia. the lazy river was brill.
well worth a trip.we went a few times at our stay in alcudia.
DON'T get a big rubber ring. You don't need one. If you go on the rapids they give you one anyway, so all you do by renting one is skip a five minute queue for one ride and then have to carry a huge great ring around all day! The only place the water quality didn't seem too good was the lazy river that circulates round the outside of the wave pool but we didn't bother with that anyway. The water in the park is sea water but what would you expect? There are freshwater showers by the wave pool if you want to rinse the salt off. I think a big locker (held all our gear easily) is 7 euros, 2 of which you get back. If you use the bus to get there, make sure you get the right one back as there are a couple of different routes, one goes straight to Avda Mediterranean, another goes all over the place!
We went to aquilandia in September last year we had no wating due to the time of year we had a great time,you will to.
I agree with Colin, we have been about 10 times over the years and I would say it is one of the best Spanish water parks. We have never hired any rings or anything the whole time we have been. We go early and get a few sunbeds and stay beside the childrens bit, which has rings to go along smallist slides etc and paddle boats. The older ones then can go to the big slides but know what we are sitting. If money is tight, take an ice box full of drinks, sandwiches etc. Also plenty of grassy areas to sit so you don't even have to get sunbeds. Karen
hi all off to benidorm in 12 days :lol: planning to go to aqualandia on my sons 8th birthday. does anybody know of any discounted tickets to get in.
does macdonald still have them with happy meals? any info would be great thanks
As you walk around the resort you'll see a man on stilts and riding a bike, he gives out the Aqualandia discounts which is'nt big but is the best you get.

He's always out side the market on a Sunday and Wednesday but you'll spot him elsewhere pretty often.

Smiler
My kids 9 & 7 absolutely loved aqualandia, even the 7 year old got on a lot of the bigger slides. My 9 year old ripped his big toe nail half way down in the childrens area of all places when another kid pushed him down before he was settled in the ring, lifeguard simply put a plaster on which was totally inadequate so we took him to the fist aid centre, they were brilliant, they managed to cut the toe nail right down and used a spray to seal it which really did the trick. We were on an organised trip so had a few hours to kill before it was time for the bus so we got tickets into mundomar at a discounted rate as we were in aqualandia.
I went to aqualandia last year and it was great! the steep slides were VERY scary. Surprisingly, the scariest one is the blue one in the middle. You actually leave the slide and freefall for a few seconds, it really makes your heart stop beating!
Never mind the slides themselves, what about the flipping steps up to the top :omg needed blooming oxygen by the time I got up lol :roll:
Hi everyone

Does anyone know if Aqualandia is opened just now? I've had a look at their website but not sure if the white colour means the park is opened or closed. Pink colour = opening at 10.00 but it doesn't say anything for the white colour.

I'm going on Monday - 24th October. If anyone can help this would be appreciated as I really wanted to go there!

Thanks,

Gill :lol:
went there last year same week and was closed then
http://www.aqualandia.net/index.php?conf=conf_en

looking at the web site it closed on october 12th
Hi Lincoln Imp

Thanks for letting me know. I'm really disappointed now :(

Been to Benidorm twice now and never went to the water park so decided we'd go this time. I was on holiday in Florida last month and had such a great time when we went to the water park there so thought we'd try Aqualandia.

Oh well, maybe next year I suppose.

Thanks anyway,

Gill :)
would guess they shut in early october due to it being too cold in the water
going there on saturday

hope you have a good time anyway :wink:

Paul
If you have recently been to a good waterpark look upon this not as a disappointment but as a lucky escape.

We were actually very disappointed when we visited, but our first introductions to waterparks were the ones in Kusidasi, and unfortunately Aqualandia did not come close in quality or value.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.