America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Travel City Direct
263 Posts
Molly,

I have used Sunshine First from Orlando, and it's absolutely worth it.

Seats are sets of two, and for that length of journey, it will be really worth it :)
Don't wait book now :)

Heid
xx
The sunshine upperdeck is not the same as sunshine first.

Sunshine first is at the front of the plane with 50" seat pitch.

The sunshine upper deck is upstairs, the seats are in threes and you only get a couple of inches more legroom. You get priority check-in and no small children are allowed upstairs and as it's a small cabin it's much less noisy than the main one.

Personally, I'd pay the extra and go for sunshine first everytime but I'm not sure I'd bother with the upperdeck.
oops there's me mis reading, and I concur, pay the extra for it :)
Heid
xx
Hi,

Do NOT waste your money on sunshine upperdeck.

Its Sunshine first or nothing.

We have travelled twice on Sunshine First, and for a trip to Vegas its a must.

Our friends travelled last year on the Sunshine upperdeck, and they only had a extra few inches of leg room, NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

Hope this helps,

Karen.
Thankyou for your advice.
We tried to upgrade to the sunshine first and not waste our money on the upper deck but the flight is full, so it looks like we haven't got a choice :( .

What are the seats like in the main cabin, are there any in sets of two?
I have problems with my leg and will have to get up quite a few times during the fight and I don't like having to keep disturbing people.

Thanks again

Molly :wave
Molly,

Never travelled in the main cabin, so unable to help you with the layout.

Have you considered requesting two door seats, this will give you the extra leg room that your require. I do believe that you will both need to be in good health, because this is a safety requirement. You will also need to be one of the first to check in for your flight.

Please keep in touch, as we are considering going back to Vegas, and have only used Travel City for there Sanford flights.

Happy Holidays,

Karen.
travelled to sanford,with travelcity,last sept.me & my husband had a row of two seats,although they were right at the back.did not request these,although we did book in early.if i remember rightly,i think about the last 3 or 4 window rows,were rows of 2.
we flew with european airways,but i think they have stopped using them,so don't know the lay out,of the aircraft they use now.it may be the same.
had no complaints,with the main cabin,although we also tried to upgrade,only to find the plane full,but were quite happy,with the flight in the main cabin,just thought we would try & treat ourselves,to an upgrade,seeing how the price was reasonable.
did pay for double baggage allowance & at £15 each,it was well worth it.the amount of christmas shopping i managed to do,i saved £'s.would definately recommend,people to pay for the extra allowance,especially if you are travelling,near to xmas.
hope this helps tracy
just phoned tcd to enquire about there new direct service to las vegas, trying hard to sell the deal to me how they rival virgin as they have a 32' seat pitch and virgin have 31 :roll: he then told me that they are cheaper than virgin......wow I thought quote me happy :D so then he tells me they only do 7 or 14 nights :shock: whats that about then, hardly rivling virgin or any other airline.......any other airline wont tell you how long your holiday has to be :roll:

so I asked for this cheapness flight for 7 nights even though I wont use it, £736 for 2, so I guess its ok if you are going for just 7 nights(imo 10 days is better).

so guess I will not be using them this time, as I want a 10 day flight £1000 with AA and £1100 with virgin.
Vegasone, where and when are you wanting flights from? £1000 for 2 people seems very overpriced.
Last week i tried to add a week on to my holidays as my only client on the week i come home are also going away and it freed some time up.The travelcity rep said to cancel it and book an extra week would cost me 50 per cent of the holiday then i would need to book from scratch it is crazy.
I am off to vegas 6th or 7th sept for 9 or 10 nights from london, I have virgin airmiles so I am trying to get an upgrade with them, but they are devious so ansd so's :x

£1000 is for 2 people
Seems early September is quite expensive :(

Cheapest I can get is £952 with AA

Mind you, go in early November or December instead and it drops to under £640 :)
I appreciate it may be a little late in the day to pass this on but I can confirm that the TravelCity Sunshine First is fantastic. - we returned from Florida last Friday morning having enjoyed this service.

Having previously flown with Virgin (on an upgrade) to the US and I would definately fly again with TravelCity SunshineFirst as the first choice, you don't get the 50 movies / 1,000 music stations / Interactive Games etc you get with Virgin but you get a movie and music and only £249 a person(for the upgrade) , if you can get it - its very popular and I can see why.

The food was great and different options to the remaining customers on board (extra option of steak going and salmon on the return journey), the service was personal with 2 dedicated cabin staff to the 22 Sunshine First customers., the 54' pitch leather wide seats were very comfortable and the 5 feet of floor space infront of the first row (where we were) provided space for our grandson and other young lads in sunshine first to play together with their toys etc.

Better food, complimantary wine (in real glasses) with meals, tea / coffee (in real cups) and fresh fruit / drinks whenever you wanted them was on offer.

Well done TravelcityDirect - cant wait to use you again (but only Sunshine First!).
It may be a loophole of booking on the web, but the blurb says no children under 9 are allowed on the upper deck yet when i enter my daughters age (2) it accepts the booking.

Could get knocked back when they realise????
I'm told the seats upstairs are the same style / width as the normal cabin but with a bit more legroom (maybe finished in leather).
:?: We booked in February to fly Manchester/Sanford with TCD. Their own jumbos were full for the period we want in September 04 but we were offered upgrades at £250 each on Air Atlanta Premium which we booked. We have just been informed that Air Atlanta have now withdrawn this flight and will be travelling on a 747-300series instead of 200series which does not offer the Premium service. The balance is due next week and they have refunded the £750 paid for the upgrade. We were going to cancel, which they gave us as an option but their own flights are full for the period we want and we found that other flights were full too. We have no choice but to go with the alternative offered with extra leg room seats - so disappointed - as we have upgraded with TCD for the past couple of years in Sunshine First - what a comedown! Has anyone travelled on the Air Atlanta 747-300series to Florida and, if so, what is the seat pitch like, also the service. We are dreading it to be honest but have no choice. Would welcome feedback. Apparently Air Atlanta lease their planes to airlines whose own planes are full. :cry:
hi, i was just wondering on the travel city jumbo jet to sanford, does each seat have a television on the seat in front,

i was also wondering what the food is like
We flew with Travel city last year and in the main cabin there are not tv's on each seat it's a big screen.The food is ok as airline food goes and all drinks are free :wink: We found it a pleasant and comfortable plane journey :D
Sue
What entertainment do you get on Travel City Direct flights, do you get TV in the seat backs at all. Also does anyone have any opinions on them in general?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.