Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Brilliant photos on this site!!

I just love seeing Beni as just a small seaside resort!
Fantastic pictures David. :tup

On the second row down, far right picture on the end from loaded on the screen looking at it.
Is that building still there today, the one that looks colonial with the balconies..it looks mighty familiar.

Yes, that was me in the photo :lol: I was a good looking bird in them days :rofl
Interesting that particular picture, cos you have donkeys and in the background, what looks like an old Ford car parked up.
I`d guess that to be the very late 50`s, early 60`s

besos xxx
SanJi
I think that building was there until fairly recently, now replaced by a new hotel with large cafe on the corner, facing the old Town Hall.

David :wave
Great pictures David.

A couple have been taken from up by the Cross, looking down on to Levante and I can't believe how few buildings there are compared to now, there's hardly any along the front!!!!

Lizzie.
I thought that Lizzie. :wink:
I`m also amazed at the coastal erosion at the end of the beach and around the "point".....I wonder how much longer they can fight the elements before some more buildings have to go.

Sanji xxx
I enjoyed the Bygone photos.
With regard to the Old Benidorm photos on the same site, second row 2nd photo N0.78 can anyone tell me if the hotel in the foreground is Los Dalmatas please, if not can you name it?
Regards
Lincolnsue
Hiya Sue

I personally don`t think it is the Los Dalmatas, it`s the wrong shape, but have no idea what it is.

Besos xxx
sanji
I would say it's certainly in the right spot to be the Los Dalmatas, and it perhaps looks like a much smaller version of the current building. It may possibly be the original Los Dalmatas, which like most other Benidorm hotels, has been extended or rebuilt over the years.

I`ll ask them next week, when I pop in to say hola to someone and book my room for xmas :lol:

besos xxx
sanJi
which like most other Benidorm hotels, has been extended or rebuilt over the years.

Yes it does look in the right place, but they must have rebuilt it, the photo shows 10 floors.....it now has 19 :yikes

Another mission to go on :roll: :lol:

besos xxx
Sanji
Hi everyone.
This is a really quick post cos I am sat in the Dalmatas with the Director by my side looking at the old photos.....and according to Senor Tari that is not the Las Dalmatas.

The Dalmatas has never been rebuilt as far as he knows, it apparently started out as apartments, but has never been altered structurally (spel?) ever.

Besos xxx
Sanji
The Dalmatas has never been rebuilt as far as he knows, it apparently started out as apartments, but has never been altered structurally (spel?) ever

That's a disgrace Sanji, tell him to get the builders in for peak summer period :wink
Don't you just have to admire this remarkable lady :?: Yet again Sanji has put herself out to 'go on a mission' for HT members, and all this in her OWN valuable holiday time. I think she deserves a round of applause. Well, she deserves a lot more actually.

Well Done Sanji.
Hi
David the Dalmatas is definately going to be renovated within the next 3 years.
They are going up further :yikes and building out (sideways) towards the "English" supermarket next door, that will include the land which is now a childrens play area....just got that from the horses mouth. :wink:
The Dalmatas, Nereo and Pelicanos still maintain the no smoking policy, but the Dalmatas may "allow" smokers at Christmas, cos I`ve just asked him about this and I told him, that I`m thinking about not coming back after this Xmas to stand outside, having paid extortionate prices for the priveledge .....he told me to phone him nearer the time. :wink:...so something is going to happen, but he was non commital. :wink:

When the Dalmatas has been refurbished, there will be an area designated for smokers...that`s what he said to me.
Anyway, sorry to go off topic with the smoking issue again, but thought this info useful for anyone thinking about the Dalmatas in the future.
He did say that he has a business to run :wink: ....and from what I can see once again...they are losing an awful lot of money with this no-smoking policy.

Besos xxx
sanJi
Hi Sanji
many thanks for answering my query about los Dalmatas, that means Ive lost an argument with my friend!!
Hope you are feeling ok now and enjoying your holiday.
regards Sue
There are some good ones there Sue, it is amazing how much the resort has developed over the years.

There is a small shop in a side street near the church old town that sells post card photos of old Benidorm.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.