Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Loads and loads to choose from. More a pub food person myself, so best to leave the restaurant part of the question to someone else. Would recommend the Love Boat, Only Fools and Rockafellas as good family bars with pool tables, all located on the main strip of Protaras.
restaurant anatolia 100m from the sfinx bar on the penera road lovely food and reasonable price, always busy try it. great with kids
Claire - please let us know how you get on - we are travelling with two mad young boys (8 and 4). Can you let us know the family places you find etc???? we are not travelling until 18 june so please feel free to pm me. We are staying in the Isaac apartments somewhere in protaras - very basic i think, but which i hope will be clean and comfortable.

Have a lovely time.
think issac apartments in penera about 20 mins walk from protaras or about £4 in a taxi
Hi mdaly1,
Certainly, I will let you know how we get on. We usually stay in Paphos/Coral Bay but this time we are staying in Pernera at the Elamaris Apartments which look fairly basic too but as you say as long as they are clean. Also, a first for us, we are taking our 12 year old nephew so I am anxious about keeping him amused. We chose the Elamaris specifically as they get rave reviews for entertainent - just hope he's not too old for that, some days he's 12 going on 22 !! Will be happy to pm you on our return with all my recommendations - hoping to hear from a few others on this site who have been see and done it !
Cheers
Claire
we went to the elamaris last year and it does its job well if you have any questions ask away and i will try to help, as for restaurants there are some superb ones in pernera itself
Hi daveeboy,
A few wee questions about the Elamaris if you don't mind ! We are staying in a one bedroom apt. do you know if they are a decent size and also if the apts have TV's in them? Was on the Crown Resorts website and the apartments look pretty basic but will be quite happy as long as they are clean. Also, entertainment wise, do you reckon it'll keep a 12 year old amused? And lastly, do they have any facilities for kids to play football?
Many thanks, Claire
Oh and also daveeboy, if you know any of the names of the restaurants you can recommend in Pernera, I would appreciate it.
Cheers
the rooms arent bad and of a reasonable size but there arent any tvs there is a small football pitch at the back of the hotel, also pool table and tt table, the entertainmentmay be a bit on the young side for a 12 year old but there should be plenty of other kids, the only real problem is the sunbed situation, there arent enough of them and therefore the rush was on from 7.30. what type of restaurant are you looking for.

nice to see a reply from willie how are you mate
Hi Daveeboy,
In terms of restaurants, would be looking for Chinese, Cypriot and probably any pubs that do nice meals. Also, is the Bennigans next to the hotel any good? Thanks for all the info. so far, it's been a great help.
Cheers
Claire
there is a chinese that one or two on these boards recomend, turn right out of the hotel and stay on that side of the road, as for cypriot there are many, il cavalerie was my favourite closely followed by la cultura de gusto(beware big portions) and sizzlers but to be honest we didnt have a bad meal but we stayed out of brannigans knights and windmills to eat. Knights and windmills were the liveliest bars but for any real life you need to go to protaras and you will be spoilt for choice but its not as in your face as a lot of the bigger resorts i have been to. As for buying food for lunchtimes try to get to the orphanides supermarket which is the next town whose name i forget but someone will put me right on here soon enough
Daveeboy, the town is called Paralimni, I believe.
ClaireT, there are loads of good restaurants in Pernera, mostly suitable for kids.We liked Noufaro, Cordon Blue (just been rebuilt following last years fire), and the Steak and Ale house best . only bad meal was Windmills. Further towards Protaras there is one called Rocks that we liked. Also there is a Mexican in Ayia Napa called Los Bandidos which is good fun (you may have to book), also the Japanese restaurants in Eden square or Ayia Napa entertain you while they cook.
We have also stayed in the Elamaris and found it perfectly adequate for our stay. Hope you enjoy your holiday- wish I was going soon, but have to wait till September !
Hi all
How about the "Waterloo" bar in Pernera, a very friendly bar that does good meals at a reasonable price, next door to it you have the kids arcade.
There's also the "Blue bay" as you head toward the Pernera beach hotel, its tucked in behind the hedge just before the scuba diving place, This is a very friendly place, good meals and good prices, in fact its more like your typical cypriot eating place, and the Cypriots also go there to eat which is a good pointer.
Personally I think the Waterloo does the best Sunday roast, absolutely lovely it is.
I would recommend the "fresh house restautant in Pernera" just up from the windmills pub on the hill. Fresh food served daily, and everything is spotless, i know as i have been in the kitchens lol! Even the salt and pepper pots are cleaned twice a day. Loads of food as well. You can play pool and watch the world go by with the open screens. We go every time we go to pernera, which is most years and sign the tips pot each time as well. If you go there, please remember me to Panikos, and Costas, although Costas went to UNI in Nicosia.

Michelle
Hi Michelle - how do I get to the Fresh House? I will be coming along the top road from Protaras direction and walking down into Pernera - looking for some good places to eat. Thanks.
Its easy Meerkat, all you do if you walk through Pernera past Knights bar the Windmills. You will then see Komfoukios chinese restaurant on the corner (The apartment I stay in is above there) It is then a couple of doors down on the right hand side.
As MeerKat says, also its right opposite the huge supermarket. Next to the supermarket was once the olive garden, but the fire took that away.
Thanks guys. I know where the fire was last October so can get my bearings - haven't been in any bars or restaurants in Pernera so looking forward to trying them out.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.