Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
debbiexenia
33 Posts
Stayed here 4 years ago.We had a 1 bed apartment and it was fine,clean enough and plenty of space and I quite enjoyed it.They done decent snacks as well and were a friendly lot.The only downside I can think off was the pool area,could really do with a revamp.It's not a great first impression of a place when you pull up in the bus and see old broken sunloungers and shades but it might have been done up since then.There were people there who go back every year so that says something.
Hi, we stayed there 2 years ago.Have to agree about pool area, very tired! good though as not many people used the pool so there always was plenty sunbeds 8)
Just remembered something now that you mentioned how quiet the pool area was.When we were there, there was a large party of people staying in the apartments above the supermarket on the corner.As this was the nearest pool for them they used it a fair bit and tended to hog the best beds and area which was a bit annoying.
Hi Folks,

TC have just changed our accommodation to the Debbie Xena as the Farkonia are closed. 14 days to go so we are worried. Anyone have a more recent update on these apartments? are they near the beach in Pernera? Are they for young folks or old buffers like me! LOL! Any info would really be great as I have told Thomas Cook I am far from happy. Thanks!

Alistair
Nyle,sorry to hear about your predicament.Like I said above the accomodation itself is fine,it was the condition of the pool area and furniture which was a disappointment.The area is better in my opinion,and you are just a short walk to the beach at the Golden Coast which again I think is better than the one at the Pernera Beach.The ammenities are closer at Debbiexenia as it's just a few yards down a side street from the main Pernera road.IF the poolside has been upgraded in the last couple of years then I'm sure you won't have too much to worry about and I do think even if it hasn't then it's still probably a better place than Farkonia.Out of interest,have they offered you anywhere else apart from the Debbiexenia.
Hi dav,

The only offer was the Debbie Xena, we know and like the local Thomas Cook staff where we booked it originally and they have been helpful. The Debbie Xena is not on the TC brochures, it was only brought in to meet the shortfall of the Farkonia. They did say we could change to the accommodation of our choice without incurring admin fees but the rest would be down to us. Dav is it close to the main road, therefore noisy?noise from nearby hotels or bars would be a serious no no for us. I know we can't expect perfect peace but somewhere reasonably quiet would be good, thanks for your help!

Alistair
When we stayed in the DebbieXenia we found it very quiet :D It's not on main street and had no entertainment which suited us.Air con was essential, which we had to pay for weekly, but well worth it.

Cat
Hi Nyle.
It is just as nice down by the Debbiexenia, It is a small resort so getting about is not a problem wherever you stay, I would say it is probably quiter where you are now going than it was at the Farkonia, as you get all the noise from Knights, windmills and Elemaris up that end.

Only thing is Pernera now suffers from to many Karaooke bars that try to outdo each other by turning the noise levels higher and higher, but i think you will be OK down where you are now going,
Hi to all!,

Thanks to all who helped, we are looking forward to our stay now, once again thanks for all the info!

alistair
Alistair.
If you dont like the accomodation this time just make sure the next time you go back you know exactly where you are going, i must say when we were there the 1st week in May I did notice the Farkonia was closed I knew you were going there but i thought it would be opening up maybe that week,

it was closed for the whole summer a few years ago due to lack of business,

never mind its nice down there and you can use the Polyxenia right on the beach with sunloungers and nice food,
I can see the debbiexenia from my balcony. It's off a quiet street and onlt about 150 yards from a lovely beach.

I'll be there on Sunday for two weeks and am on the main road through Pernera and to be honest dont hear that much.

Yes Windmills and Knights etc do play music but it's not that bad and the debbiexenia has tone a good 150 yards further away again.
Cardiff lad
sorry to disagree with you but i think the music from the Knights and Windmills and surrounding bars is horrendous, having stayed in the Windmills for 2 weeks I can tell you in all my years of travel abroad this is the noisiest area i have ever stayed in...

In fact that was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak , before we came back home that year we had signed on the dotted line for a property, I could never ever live through that again.

The area was lovely through the day at night it was like living in a fair ground with music coming from all directions :(

Most time later on at night there were few people in these bars anyhow so why the need to have the music blaring so loud beats me,

In fact friends were in the Iffalos last week for a meal and the noise from the Niata bar across from it was so loud the could hardly hear themsleves speak.
Elizabeth, the apartment I stay in is above the chinese across the road from Windmills and to be honest I dont really notice the noise that much but then I suppose i'm out myself after about 9pm and Pernera is all quiet by the time I get back from Protaras or Kapparis. That's probably the reason.
Hi Elizabeth,

We would normally research our holiday hotel prior to booking to see if it suits. This time we booked the Farkonia on the recommendation of Thomas Cook and must say it looked all right for the money. As for the noise from bars and restaurants? It's a bit of a mystery to me as to the value of such volume levels, guess though it must please some people.Helen and I just want somewhere where we can go for a paddle!LOL! dig our toes in the sand and enjoy a cold beer!( Helen prefers tea!)So we will explore the beachfront and see what it offers! Bit passed the sandcastle stage, however like a nice beach! Thanks again for all the help to everyone!

Alistair and Helen
Looking at the pictures in the link above it looks as though they have improved the poolside which I said earlier was the only negative I had about the place.Regarding the noise there should be no problems as ther is nothing at either side.Across the road is a small Apt.complex(can't remember the name) and behind is a fairly large hotel,the Jacaranda or something,but this is family orientated so any noise will stop fairly early.I think all the Debbiexenia rooms face the pool anyway.There is a good supermarket right on the corner which is as well stocked as any other Ive been in as well,everything you need really is on your doorstep.Have a good one!!
If anyone is interested i'm going to have a look at the debbiexenia on Monday as I need to find somewhere else for my September holiday.

I e-mailed them last night and this morning recieved an e-mail back saying I am welcome to take a look around.

I will post what it is like when I have seen it for those that are going in the next few weeks or so.
Hi Cardif Lad!

TThat would be great! They did E mail Thomas Cook rre-our request for a quiet room saying they were looking forward to our visit, all very nice!looking forward to our break now, can't come quick enough! thanks!

Alistair
Alistair, i'll let you know as soon as i've had a look around.

To be fair the guy that e-mailed me even gave me a deal as I would be going on my own. All I asked was if there was a single persons supplement and got it cheaper than even I expected lol.

Ian.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.