Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Still faulty
7 Posts
I agree with you. I am also still experiencing some problems with the HT Boards.

Sometimes when I click on the 'Submit' button it can take up to five minutes, even longer before I receive the 'post succesful' message. In addition to this the B i U Quote and URL features do not work. If I use one or all or a comination of these in my posts, when i click on the preview button the post is shown as I want it to, but when my post is submitted these features have dissappeared, and when using the 'Quote' feature this has the effect of making it look like I do not know how to quote properly.

Also, the new HT web address is often "Not Found".....and I get the "....could be a Server problem.....", or "this site appears to be experiencing technical problems please try later..." messages.

Tonight, HT 'froze' on me three times and I had to 'End Program' and start all over again. So, I agree it certainly appears that HT is still having problems unless it is my own PC at fault (which I hope it is not) :?: :hmmm
BHIC ... we are still having some intermittent problems, although I am not sure whether all of those which you are experiencing can be attributed to Holidaytruths, or if you may be having some other computer or ISP problems too. Our problems are being checked out, but the main thing at the moment is that the Holidaytruths domain is up and running again, and all members and visitors should now be able to access the site.

As far as I can tell, all codes and tags appear to be working okay. The problems which you are noticing may be down to misuse. We have asked numerous times that you stop highlighting various words and phrases in capitals, bold or italics. It is not necessary and while it may help you to read your own posts more easily, it does not help others. I had to edit at least one of your posts again last night where you were still highlighting words in bold, perhaps that's what made you think the feature wasn't working.

As for using quotes, that facility is to allow you to quote from another member's post while you are making your reply to that post. Last night you used the feature to quote from a telephone conversation which is not the intended purpose, but in doing so you also included other parts of your post within the quote which were clearly not part of the phone conversation. I edited that too so that members could make more sense of the post.

Peter ... I personally am not aware of the log out problem, it's not one that I have experienced. I will mention it to other Mods/Admins to see if they are aware or might have any explanations for this.

David :wave
I'm not being logged out either :shrug
David HT Mod wrote:
but in doing so you also included other parts of your post within the quote which were clearly not part of the phone conversation.

Hi David. Actually that was an error on my part which I discovered after I had submitted my post. However, as we are not allowed to edit posts in the Costa Blanca Forum I was unable to correct my mistake. I used the 'quote' facility to highlight the fact that I was not using my own words, but to quote from what I had been told. I was not aware I was not allowed to do that that. Sorry.

David HT Mod wrote:
I had to edit at least one of your posts again last night where you were still highlighting words in bold, perhaps that's what made you think the feature wasn't working.

Yes, that could be the case I guess.

Many aplogies.
I'm not experiencing any problems :D
I'm not experiencing any problems

Neither am I Shell. :lol:

I`ve logged in and out, been between messages and discussions and been into most forums this morning...including posting a reply and hosting pictures via Imageshack.......however,
Last night the system did stutter for a short while and it took yonks for the discussion forum to open up....
This was only for a short time and could have been for various reasons, like BT messing about again :roll:
Sorry, I didn`t take notice of the time....but I seem to be firing on all cylinders this morning. :lol:

Sanji x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.