DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Hi,we have been twice this year with Travel Republic no problems with them .
starry im thinking of booking with them too, as im getting the cheapest price for a hotel with them too, but dont know anyone thats used them, ive used findmeaccom and somewhere2stay and they have both been fine
Used Freedomdirect twice now and everthing was great.Also have another booking with them for Xmas this year.
Many thanks for the replies. Think i will go for it!

Ellie Meg, Freedom Direct and Travel Republic websites are quite similiar aren't they? FD are coming in cheaper though.
i need hotel for marrakech and have tried everywhere, the only other site thats coming in similar price is onlinetravel , as i dont need it til jan im waiting a while lol. where are you booking for
Have booked flights to Salou. Went on Travelsupermarket.com and found flights for £100 each with first choice for whitsun (went up to £144 after i had booked) Can get 4* h/b for £340. So for a family of 4 - 2 adults, 1teen and 1child cost £740 in school holidays :D

Can't understand why I've never done diy before :D
same thing happened to me i booked flights to morocco they were bargain 55 each then the next day 75 each, this is just a 5 day break kid free for us wahoo, ive got my flights booked for turkey next summer and going to turkey in 12 days time all diys saves loads of money usually, saying that sometimes you can get a good package deal so i look at all options, im addicting to booking hols lol
Yes, I'm afraid I suffer from the same addiction :?

Child-free break sounds appealing :D Have seen BA flights to Madrid for £40 - think this would suit me and hubby.
go for it lol. i was going to book these flights and hotel to marrakech for hubbys birthday in dec or xmas but couldnt keep my mouth shut lol, anyway we going on the 3rd jan as it was a lot cheaper, so will stay in over new year instead, have spent the last 2 new years in turkey anyway so will make a change to be here

think i will book the freedom direct hotel when i can decide which one to book, been reading all the reviews, im a nightmare lol at making decisions,

going to look for a cheapy for my oldest daughter too for her 20th birthday gulp, in a few weeks as she doesnt come on holiday with us any more, think next year will be my sons last holiday with us, then that leaves my little one whos only 6 , down from 5 to 3 of us sad in a way, but cheaper lol
Have you tried hotelcomparisons.com they bring up the best deal.
Hotelscomparison doesnt always bring up the best deals as alot of companies are not included in their search yet.Still best to look around as well as using a comparison site.
Hi all - Are freedom direct the same as freedom flights who are the same as XL??.

You have me in a panic now karen after your XL flights to Turkey have gone :swear up!!. glad you got it sorted tho so happy ending :D

I have booked with them for my first DIY to Egypt at Easter and just checked on their website and my flight is no longer showing for that day. although both flights are showing in their winter schedule and my flight is still available for other dates but not my 10 day duration. they are shut now so cant phone them to check. but first thing in the morning i will be on the phone to check.

lyn
Lynwestie - most likely XL's flight is sold out if no longer showing - don't panic !!! :? This fairly common I've found with XL's Easter flights.

Judy
lyn this is what i thought so double check, i couldnt find the flight listed any more and my son wanted to come and when i rang them today was told outbound flight has been cancelled, god im having bad luck ,first moroccan hol changed all inc things then all the bad reports so they let me cancel free ,booked these xl flights and found out they have changed lol, saying that im so pleased as got a bargain and saved £247 cant believe it

dont think freedom direct is the same, they put together packages for you or do seperate flights accommodation, ive been looking for days and cant get anywhere cheaper for marrakech for 5 nights

http://www.freedomdirect.co.uk/

karen
phew - quick answer from XL this morning . very efficient :wink: . the lady confirmed all my flight details and said yes it is all confirmed. just ring to double check a couple of days before your go. so hope that means all is ok with the flight :D .

freedom direct site looks good . another one to add to my growing selection. my next mission is to book some very cheap ryanair flights to salzburg after new year around 11 january. mother in law visiting again :wink: :wink: .keeping my eye open on ryanair now . i can get them for 1p if we want to fly at 6.20am :( :(

we all seem to have this terrible addiction to booking holidays . maybe we ought to have a seperate forum to confess our sins and attempt to cure ourselves :D .

lyn
Do we really want to be cured though :wink:

Glad that your xl flights are ok. I'm sure you can make that 6.20am flight - it will be worth it!
oh i could make it starry but not sure if hubby would want to get up at 3am :wink:

lyn
thats good news lyn, ive contacted xl and they have promised to refund me within 10 days so lets see lol

ive now got 3 booked so im happy wahooo, got good price to marrakech with flythomson for 55 each on 3rd jan for 5 days

will prob book room with freedom as the cheapest i could find,when i can decide which 1 lol

got to find a cheapy deal for my daughters birthday around end oct to beginning of nov , anything will do lol

all i seem to do is book hols and flights if not for my family my friends ask me too lol, how sad is that

ive been to salzburg many years ago and it was lovely

karen
just had a look at the thomson site for my salzburg flights and they are very cheap but would be even cheaper if i had a promotional code for "johnson press" papers . appently there were promo codes in papers from 18th sept for just pay tax.

i willl post in the flights section but if anyone knows this code im desperate for it as it ends tonight. :(

thanks anyone

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.