Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
I don't know very much about the area, but I have visited at night quite a few times.

Lo Pagan is probably most well known for its mud baths. The mud is supposed to help out with all sorts of skin ailments.

It is a predominantly Spanish resort. There are a lot of salsa clubs and many ice cream bars, these places do not get busy until very late at night. In the salsa clubs you can either stand and watch, or be tempted to try out some of the moves by the professional dancers that work in the places. They are employed to make sure everyone has a good time!

There are also plenty of restaurants and bars (sorry, I have only used 3 or 4 restaurants there, so I can't give recommendations), but whether it will be busy or not will depend on what time of year you are coming. August is obviously the busiest month, January and February will be the quietest.

As far as mosquitoes are concerned, I think that would depend on where you will be staying. Your daughter should not suffer if your rental villa is close to the sea, but she might get attacked if you are close to the salt lake.
Hi,

I have never been to Lo Pagan so can't help you out regarding the resort, but I have family living in Los Nietos on the Mar Menor... a little further around the coast.

The Mar Menor is great for swimming and generally very safe. It tends to stay shallow a long way out and is calmer and warmer than the Mediterranean.
I drove through Santiago De La Ribera this year and it looked very nice - with a nice beach and some nice Spanish bars on the front and small ones in the back streets.
Nearby is the Dos Mares (two seas) shopping centre - Kind of a mini version of the Trafford Centre or similar and well worth a visit - plenty of shops etc, including a supermarket on the ground floor and loads of fast food and restaurant places on the top floor.

Also, not too far away (driving - not walking) is Los Alcazares - a very nice little town with a great pedestrianised Plaza of top class restaurants and bars.

The area tends to be, in my opinion more authentic Spanish, with less English speakers than other Costas, but for me this is a big +

Regards,

Chris.

(Edit - spelling)
  • Edited by Chris H 2009-05-11 20:14:46
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.