Pontins Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park

• Food
  • Location
Stupidly bad
This month
Absolute terrible the beds stunk walls had wallpaper torn off it barely any plug sockets every Orpheus of the shale stank and is was unimaginably freezing temperatures and you can't even put on the radiator because it'll waste all the electricity
Entertainment:

Hotel tip: Go to a haven not a Pontins trust me it'll be so much better

Holiday from hell
1 month ago
Nothing as expected of a £250 holiday for 3 nights, dirty rooms, baths, sink, no plates, no linen, even though we paid. Bathroom heater didn't work, sockets half off, the walls smoke alarms kept going off, no sofa beds, heaters worked but produced no heat at all. There was only 1 ring on the cooker that worked, steps to upper chalet was unsafe and wobbly rail guard on top u could physically push out only a matter of time before a death spillage in halls and corridors don't get done even though report them staff have attitudes and never even seen any blue coats and half the arcade machines are broke showing place to go here I'd stay away if I was you

Travel operator: Jtmda

Hotel tip: Find a different 1

Craig Smith
Dont go
2 months ago
Horrific. Left after one night and if it wasn't for all hotels being booked up in the area and us having a 2 month old with us we didn't want to travel great distances with i wouldn't of stopped the one night! No double bed as booked so had to queue for 2 hours to get sheets which then had no bed sheets in then waiting another two hours to get this corrected! Had to ask for room to be cleaned again. No hot water. Unable to cook with pots as they were so dirty and i can only hope that it was mayonnaise all over the headboard in the bedroom!!!

As for entertainment.....dint even get that far but i saw the queues for he swimming and i couldn't see the stage due to the amount of people in the main room!! people......... take your families elsewhere for a holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Travel operator: Pontins

Hotel tip: Dont go

Filthy and outdated accomodation
3 months ago
Attached photos the filthy and run down accommodation we were allocated. We visited Pontins Prestatyn with an open mind and took all the negative reviews with a pinch of salt. From start to finish the place was a nightmare, someone mentioned it was like a scene from Shameless, I think that was being polite ! People drinking from 9.30 in the morning roaming around the park with cans of alcohol. The smell of weed being smoked was pretty strong. Drunken noise until early hours of the morning.

The pub on the complex closed at 7pm so there was nowhere to buy a sit down meal. We were moved from one chalet to another as it wasn't fit for anything. The second wasn't much of an improvement and told it was the only one available. It was so bad my daughter refused to stay and took my 12 month old grand daughter home. It really doesn't matter how expensive or cheap the holiday is you do expect to have a clean chalet and everything in there to work properly. We wont be visiting again. Only saving grace the entertainment was pretty good, the entertainment team work hard, its a shame the rest of the staff don't.

The list is endless of dirty chalet, broken fixtures and fittings, all reported on site, some things reported several times. Filled in a 'guest solution form' at reception and assured we would hear back from Pontins within a few days, we've been home for nearly a fortnight and heard nothing.

Please do not suggest to take cleaning stuff with you and clean the chalet etc etc, it should already be done. The toilet was brown in the bowl, god only knows the last time that was cleaned. Filthy floor not been brushed or mopped, rusty toaster, filthy kettle, damp ceilings,rust and dirt all,over the bathroom, filthy wall heater, broken cooker which we only discovered whilst cooking - the door jammed shut and we couldnt open it, turned off the power but its an electric oven so carried on burning food, really dangerous, reported on day of arrival took 2 days for someone to sort it out after reporting it three times
Entertainment:
Rooms and service a scham
1 year 1 month ago
We arrived only to be told we had an extra hour to wait to book in when we finally did we found our room to be occupied by two TVs none of which could produce any programmes (lack of ariel cable) when I managed to get some one to get one it took them 18 hours, the cups were still wet in cupboard, fridge full of ice dirty floor and when we complained nothing was done. We did half board food wise, nothing to write home about as a matter of fact I could and have cooked better, although in their favour they had a good choice. Noise wise we were in chalets directly across from on sight pub, noisy till 1am all in all a bad experience and will definitely not be going there again till things improve
Leesy
Rude staff, dirty rooms
6 years 3 months ago
My family looked forward to what we thought was going to be a wonderful holiday at Pontins, guess what it wasn't.

Filthy rooms, dirty cups, dirty plates, windows with food smeared on them, noisy neighbours next door, shouting slamming doors, swearing between 1 and 4 am every night. When we told the manager he just laughed and said what can I do? We will never ever visit Pontins again.
Ukmour
Discusting and will never return or recommend
6 years 4 months ago
We just got back after booking club. It was a joke, dirty sheets, dirty bathroom, we complained only to be told that what do you expect, well at least a clean sheet and bathroom.

No return for us, totally will not be using again rate 0 out of 100
Trevor
Loved every minute
6 years 10 months ago
First of all I would like to say anyone who has rated Pontins in a bad way is totally wrong.

I have gone all my life and loved every single time. The apartment might not of been the cleanest place in the world but to be honest you are never in there except for sleeping and also the entertainment is fabulous.

I encourage anyone to go to Pontins Prestatyn for an amazing experience which also surrounded in a lovely town with lots of fun filled things to do.
Recommended
Zoey
Great for a bufget holiday
7 years 5 months ago
We went to the Pontins in Preststyn, stayed in a budget apartment. I thought the chalet was a bit worst for wear but what can you expect for the price you pay. The entertainment was great, the food was OK. The staff were as helpful as they could be and always full of smiles. We really enjoyed it. Great place to go.

We have now booked to go this year to Southport Pontins to try this one out. We loved Prestatyn just not very much in the town itself. Looking forward to going back to Pontins this year even if its in Southport. Fingers crossed we enjoy this holiday as much as the last.
Recommended
Gemma
8 years 2 months ago
We come back yesterday from our Mon-Fri holiday after no longer being able to stand it! Some friendly staff, some not so! Location, near to beach & local town, some good cheap supermarkets, great to stock up on your fruit & veg!
Cleanliness: If I could give minus 10 I would! Was informed when we got there we had been given upgrade which sounded great @ reception, so in some ways we must have been lucky - think the upgrade meant we had double glazing,but can't complain it meant it was then quiet & warmer! When entering the room it was disgusting by far the worst we have ever seen! So went back to reception & asked if I could pay for upgrades but none were available, she did tell me to go and ask cleaners to clean but I said I would do it myself. Thouroughly bleeched everywhere & got rid of years worth of dirt around taps with some bleach & elbow grease! (Sounds far fetched but have got photos to prove it!) Left all cuttlery, dinner service etc in bleach over night & the dirt that came off was unbelievable! Felt bit better knowing my children could touch things! Really budget accomodation, when pulling out bed at 10.30pm on 1st night my partner sat on it & it fell through at the foot of the bed on one side & at where your head lies you had a decline so you could feel the blood rushing to your head (that was solved by placing seat cushion under mattress - slightly high up then but better) 2nd night was the same but they did TRY to fix! 3rd night they eventually fixed it but was terribly uncomfortable - slight decline but managable, springs sticking in back! Toilet seat was broke - they did fix. Wardrobe broken - did not fix. Heater in bathroom broke which they did fix. Spiders & web in t-pot & bread bin (sounds petty but it shows how long they had not been cleaned for) Built up mud on bathroom floor in corners. Black mould on seals around bath & sink. Thick dirt & dust on all skirting boards. Broken curtains. If it had been cleaned properly I could have overlooked but it was really bad on top of the BASSIC accomodation it made it look 100% worse!
Entertainment - Pool, disgustingly dirty, grime around edges & bits floating round in water. Bikes, expensive but great fun for the family. arcade - expensive. show bars - ok, kids loved dancing! Park - great fun for kids. Shows/Rides - expensive & not lrg variety.
Large - tasted watered down. Not large selection of drinks for kids - mainly fizzy drinks, which my kids do not normally have!
Food - ok in diner but not alot of choice & like being in school dinners. Takeaway - Chicken burger ordered, which was burnt & expensive on 2 occassions.

My partner said it was like being in prison & needless to say we would never go back!

Travel operator: Pontins Prestatyn Sands

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the links below:

Welcome to Holiday Truths

Register to contribute in our forum, leave your holiday reviews and enjoy exclusive offers from your favourite travel brands.

By registering, you agree to us sending personalised emails offering holiday advice and travel deals from our travel partners. By clicking Continue, I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.