Pontins Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park

• Food
  • Location
Filthy and outdated accomodation
1 month ago
Attached photos the filthy and run down accommodation we were allocated. We visited Pontins Prestatyn with an open mind and took all the negative reviews with a pinch of salt. From start to finish the place was a nightmare, someone mentioned it was like a scene from Shameless, I think that was being polite ! People drinking from 9.30 in the morning roaming around the park with cans of alcohol. The smell of weed being smoked was pretty strong. Drunken noise until early hours of the morning.

The pub on the complex closed at 7pm so there was nowhere to buy a sit down meal. We were moved from one chalet to another as it wasn't fit for anything. The second wasn't much of an improvement and told it was the only one available. It was so bad my daughter refused to stay and took my 12 month old grand daughter home. It really doesn't matter how expensive or cheap the holiday is you do expect to have a clean chalet and everything in there to work properly. We wont be visiting again. Only saving grace the entertainment was pretty good, the entertainment team work hard, its a shame the rest of the staff don't.

The list is endless of dirty chalet, broken fixtures and fittings, all reported on site, some things reported several times. Filled in a 'guest solution form' at reception and assured we would hear back from Pontins within a few days, we've been home for nearly a fortnight and heard nothing.

Please do not suggest to take cleaning stuff with you and clean the chalet etc etc, it should already be done. The toilet was brown in the bowl, god only knows the last time that was cleaned. Filthy floor not been brushed or mopped, rusty toaster, filthy kettle, damp ceilings,rust and dirt all,over the bathroom, filthy wall heater, broken cooker which we only discovered whilst cooking - the door jammed shut and we couldnt open it, turned off the power but its an electric oven so carried on burning food, really dangerous, reported on day of arrival took 2 days for someone to sort it out after reporting it three times
Entertainment:
Rooms and service a scham
11 months ago
We arrived only to be told we had an extra hour to wait to book in when we finally did we found our room to be occupied by two TVs none of which could produce any programmes (lack of ariel cable) when I managed to get some one to get one it took them 18 hours, the cups were still wet in cupboard, fridge full of ice dirty floor and when we complained nothing was done. We did half board food wise, nothing to write home about as a matter of fact I could and have cooked better, although in their favour they had a good choice. Noise wise we were in chalets directly across from on sight pub, noisy till 1am all in all a bad experience and will definitely not be going there again till things improve
Leesy
Rude staff, dirty rooms
6 years 1 month ago
My family looked forward to what we thought was going to be a wonderful holiday at Pontins, guess what it wasn't.

Filthy rooms, dirty cups, dirty plates, windows with food smeared on them, noisy neighbours next door, shouting slamming doors, swearing between 1 and 4 am every night. When we told the manager he just laughed and said what can I do? We will never ever visit Pontins again.
Ukmour
Discusting and will never return or recommend
6 years 2 months ago
We just got back after booking club. It was a joke, dirty sheets, dirty bathroom, we complained only to be told that what do you expect, well at least a clean sheet and bathroom.

No return for us, totally will not be using again rate 0 out of 100
Trevor
Loved every minute
6 years 8 months ago
First of all I would like to say anyone who has rated Pontins in a bad way is totally wrong.

I have gone all my life and loved every single time. The apartment might not of been the cleanest place in the world but to be honest you are never in there except for sleeping and also the entertainment is fabulous.

I encourage anyone to go to Pontins Prestatyn for an amazing experience which also surrounded in a lovely town with lots of fun filled things to do.
Zoey
Great for a bufget holiday
7 years 3 months ago
We went to the Pontins in Preststyn, stayed in a budget apartment. I thought the chalet was a bit worst for wear but what can you expect for the price you pay. The entertainment was great, the food was OK. The staff were as helpful as they could be and always full of smiles. We really enjoyed it. Great place to go.

We have now booked to go this year to Southport Pontins to try this one out. We loved Prestatyn just not very much in the town itself. Looking forward to going back to Pontins this year even if its in Southport. Fingers crossed we enjoy this holiday as much as the last.
Gemma
8 years ago
We come back yesterday from our Mon-Fri holiday after no longer being able to stand it! Some friendly staff, some not so! Location, near to beach & local town, some good cheap supermarkets, great to stock up on your fruit & veg!
Cleanliness: If I could give minus 10 I would! Was informed when we got there we had been given upgrade which sounded great @ reception, so in some ways we must have been lucky - think the upgrade meant we had double glazing,but can't complain it meant it was then quiet & warmer! When entering the room it was disgusting by far the worst we have ever seen! So went back to reception & asked if I could pay for upgrades but none were available, she did tell me to go and ask cleaners to clean but I said I would do it myself. Thouroughly bleeched everywhere & got rid of years worth of dirt around taps with some bleach & elbow grease! (Sounds far fetched but have got photos to prove it!) Left all cuttlery, dinner service etc in bleach over night & the dirt that came off was unbelievable! Felt bit better knowing my children could touch things! Really budget accomodation, when pulling out bed at 10.30pm on 1st night my partner sat on it & it fell through at the foot of the bed on one side & at where your head lies you had a decline so you could feel the blood rushing to your head (that was solved by placing seat cushion under mattress - slightly high up then but better) 2nd night was the same but they did TRY to fix! 3rd night they eventually fixed it but was terribly uncomfortable - slight decline but managable, springs sticking in back! Toilet seat was broke - they did fix. Wardrobe broken - did not fix. Heater in bathroom broke which they did fix. Spiders & web in t-pot & bread bin (sounds petty but it shows how long they had not been cleaned for) Built up mud on bathroom floor in corners. Black mould on seals around bath & sink. Thick dirt & dust on all skirting boards. Broken curtains. If it had been cleaned properly I could have overlooked but it was really bad on top of the BASSIC accomodation it made it look 100% worse!
Entertainment - Pool, disgustingly dirty, grime around edges & bits floating round in water. Bikes, expensive but great fun for the family. arcade - expensive. show bars - ok, kids loved dancing! Park - great fun for kids. Shows/Rides - expensive & not lrg variety.
Large - tasted watered down. Not large selection of drinks for kids - mainly fizzy drinks, which my kids do not normally have!
Food - ok in diner but not alot of choice & like being in school dinners. Takeaway - Chicken burger ordered, which was burnt & expensive on 2 occassions.

My partner said it was like being in prison & needless to say we would never go back!

Travel operator: Pontins Prestatyn Sands

Margaret
8 years ago
I wished I had read the reviews before I spent my money here. It was the WORST place that I have ever stayed in my life. I booked a 'Club' apartment and I dread to think what the budget would have been like. It was absolutely filthy on arrival and the cleaners had to come back in again. I couldn't be sure that the bedding had even been changed; cigarette butts. Plus flying ants every night went you returned to the apt. The beds were like prison beds - I would never, never visit there again. I complained but got no response. Manager was 'too busy' to talk to me.
Entertainment:

Travel operator: Booked it on the internet

Kelly
8 years 1 month ago
i have just come back from a FANTASTIC week at pontins the reveiws on here are terrible to say the least the entertainment is brill the blue coats are brill the pool is brill and theres an endless amount of activities to be doing how could you ever get bored there are 2 seperate rooms a childrens entertainment room and an adult one the performances for some of the people they had on were the best i had ever seen the apartments wasnt the cleanest as i stayed in budget but they were fine as we only used them for sleeping in thats what they are there for there is no point in living in them or you should of just stayed at home i cannot fault pontins on anything i absoloutley loved the holiday and can deffo say it topped all the haven holidays ive ever been on as this is the first time i have been with pontins and they can look forward to seeing me again :D x

Travel operator: N/A

Mr Hall
8 years 1 month ago
i traveled to pontins prestatyn with freinds when we arrived it took 30 mins to get our keys and whilst we were there we never saw a blue coat anywhere there were more security staff than members of staff the beds were uncomfortable the bars we expensive the chip shop always ran out of food the litter was all over the place there were no control of late night revelers the pool was closed on one day i would not recomend anything or anyone to go there, they said that they filmed holiday on the buses but nothing was there to say this there brochure is misleading.
the only upside to our trip was the surrounding towns and out trip to the great orme . we will never book a trip to pontins again

Travel operator: pontins

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the links below:

Welcome to Holiday Truths

Register to contribute in our forum, leave your holiday reviews and enjoy exclusive offers from your favourite travel brands.

By registering, you agree to us sending personalised emails offering holiday advice and travel deals from our travel partners. By clicking Continue, I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.