Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Palm beach
would be good its a sfh...but you can use any fiesta hotel.day.and night you know...your right in the heart of fiestaland..lots of sports ect.....
Hi

We have stayed at both of these places. Palm Beach was really nice, restaurant was nicer than at the Don Toni and the pool had the spa feature. There was lots of entertainment going on, kids all ages could join in the skittles, hoop games etc... Also they did water polo for children aged 13 upwards. The one night while we were there they got all the teenagers together and they did the show on the evening! Think it was Grease, they did really well! I think if they didn't have the fiesta entertainment people there then yes, the older kids may get bored with it being superfamily as you do get lots of toddlers. The fiesta people come round the pool and the kids can go off and do the sports activities with them. Just be aware that the area they take them to is a short walk away from Palm beach, they have to go off the hotel grounds and down the road. As your kids are a bit older this wouldn't be a problem though (if your ok with it) my son went with them and he was 10.

The Don Toni is good, much larger hotel and the pool is huge. This one isn't a superfamily anymore so not too sure what it would be like this year. Didn't like the restaurant as much as the Palm Beach, and we got more large groups of younger people from other countries staying there when we were there. You could use the pool at the hotel which was great for the kids as they could jump and dive in with it being a deeper pool. Both places do water aerobics in the pool, again the Palm Beach was better as they did it in the deeper water, did it in the shallow end at the Don Toni. Also the kids water polo was done in the toddler pool at Don Toni so my older two (then 11 and 12) got fed up. The sports area is only just up the path from the hotel, so kids are not taken too far away.

Personally I think the Palm Beach would have my vote! The Don Toni is a better location for being closer to the shops etc... but the planes fly lower over the Don Toni than the Palm Beach, but they're not really a problem, infact everyone seems to enjoy looking at them when they fly over!
Hi

Forgot to add, yes, the entertainment is the same, just different acts on different nights. So you can see the parrot show one night, then it might be on at the Bahamas next night and then the Don Toni the night after. Problem we found with going two years on the run, was we ended up seeing more or less the same entertainment both years. Kids enjoyed the shows they put on, and every night they give out the certificates on stage to children and adults that they have won during that day!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.