Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi my son has booked a weeks stay at the Los Zocos costa tequise for his family 2 little girls one 4 and the other 17months can anyone give a little info on the place they are stayin AC they go on the 12th march.Also can anyone tell me wat the weather is likely to be like as they are not sure wat clothing to take many thanks christine :wave :wave :wave
it's normally warm during the daytime but can get chilly at night as there is always a breeze,so take warm clothes for going out at night and maybe pj's for bed! los zocas is a good hotel for families and is fairly central for all the bars beaches etc.lots of supermarkets nearby but netto is quite expensive so try the spars instead,if you turn right out of the hotel and walk up the road a bit you will come to the square,(pueblo marinero) opposite this is a large spar,also there are markets in thid sqaure on thurday mornings and friday evenings.
just remembered the carnival is on in costa teguise on the sat.14th march,the route goes past los zocas,starts about 6pm.
Los Zocos
Hi i have stayed here for the past 2 Christmas and New Year periods - i too stayed at the Tegisol previously but found the walk got boring - i can thorougly recommend the Los Zocos - staff always friendly and accomodation always clean - as with all the pools on the island this is not heated - was brave enough to jump in and out on Xmas day - only as a dare but wouldn't do again!!
I also have 2 teenagers and always book a 2 bedroom apartment.
I found the best deal was to book through Hotels.com and then book the flights seperately - if you fancy the 'all inclusive' option its cheaper to upgrade when you get there over Xmas and New Year they were doing 7 nights for the price of 5 - we never did this as always found that eating out was very reasonable - I must just say that the best night out we had was at The Lively Lady Showbar a British run place that my teenagers loved - its about 15 minutes slow walk form the Zocos!!!
To keep teens and children of all ages entertained and your sanity I would go to the Lanzarote Gardens 50 yards away on the same road at the cross roads. It has the best entertainment of any hotel for children from 6 months - 16 years. The animation team is world class and work 24/7. Your children make life long friends. I would go there if you want them to have the best holiday especially teenagers as us oldies have no idea what it is to be young!!! You can have Self Catering or Half Board or All inclusive there.
Just returned from costa teguise having stoped at the Lanzarote gardens which were great for the kids but let down loads by the standerd of the food having stoped at los zocos last year I would go there if going all inclusive/half board.
I am off to Los Zocos this summer and have a few concerns. I have read on other revies sites that the food is awful, cold and not good. Also the all inclusive cards are a bind. You can only get one drink per pass, is this true? if so could one person get drinks and present 4 cards or does each person have to get their own drink with their own card? If so does this mean children have to queue with you when getting a drink?

Sounds a little strange if that is the case. Sure I will have more queries as the time gets nearer. Wondering if we have booked the right complex after all
Hi we have been to the loz zocos twice (2007 + 2008) and had no problems with getting drinks for all in our party and the food has also been good and was allways warm.This year we tried H10 lanzarote gardens for a change and wished we had gone back to the loz zocos as the food was really poor.
Hi we returned today from Los Zocos. Upgraded to A/I for 5 days (I have added a review on review section) Cards are not a prob, just pop them in a bag or wallet. You can only buy one drink at a time but my husband was taking the 5 cards to the bar and getting our drinks. I hardly went to the bar and my children never did. Snacks are limited, pool bar states you get sandwiches, biscuits, cakes and ice creams. There is only one choice of biscuit, lemon puff kind of things and there is no cake. Sandwiches were not to our taste but other people seemed to enjoy them. Choices are tuna and cheese.

The pools are freezing and when I say freezing I mean freezing. My sons lips were blue and he froze, we had to get him straight out. The sea is warmer so we went there everyday. We didn't go in the pool once. There are 2 pool areas but the pools situated at the back of the hotel have no bar so you have to walk back and fore if you want drinks/ice cream etc. Worth it though as it is nicer area to sit and relax.

Snacks are expensive. In the evenings when the children wanted crisps etc it was 1.50 e for a standard packet of quavers. Same prices in the shops. Small bars of chocolate are the same, some nearly 2 euros. A small loaf of bread costs 3.95. Prices are very high for everyday things.

Have you booked A/I yet or planning on upgrading on arrival? If upgrading I would suggest you do so for minimal days (4 days) to see if you like the food. It's not cold, always fresh and hot but very repetitive. I got so sick of it after 3 days that we were eating out as I couldn't face it anymore. It's worth metioning though that I am a veggie and the choice was extremely limited for me. If I see soup or a chip for the next 6 months I will scream! :D

Emma
Another question - i know there are not many parasols around the pool, can you hire them or buy them? Will be difficult with two children not to have some shade.

Thanks
Hi.

Can anyone tell me if the Chinese restaurant is covered in the All Inclusive package at Los Zocos or do you have to pay seperately?

Thanks.

Seasider
We are hoping to go to Los Zocos in Costa Teguise in May, just wondering if anyone else has been at this time of year and could say how busy it is. We went last November and it was so peaceful and want it to be reasonably quiet again, just don't want to wait til November to go again! Any help will be much apreciated. x
Hiya! We went to Los Zocos all inclusive last year and will be doing the same again next year.
All 4 of us enjoyed our food, it could be warm rather than hot sometimes but it was never cold and they were always out replacing things. There was a fair amount of choice but it was repetitive but I have yet to go somewhere all inclusive where it isn't! Breakfast and lunch is served in the Mirador restaurant and dinner is in either the Mirador or the Boulevard restaurant. You do have to book the Bolouvard on the morning of the evening you want to eat there, you go to reception just before 9 and there is a lovely lady sat by the door. The chinese is served in the Bolouvard and all the food in there is covered by all inclusive, you sit there and watch the chinese man cooking! The carvery section is second to none with gammon to die for! Also the cocktail list has some delicious drinks on it but beware they can be strong! We never had any probs with getting all our drinks in one go, my partner took all our cards up and was able to get all of our drinks. The pools are cold but I have found most resorts do not heat their pools, especially in the warmer months, we didn't find it a problem, bit chilly when you first get in but you soon get used to it. The pools around the back are definitely more peaceful and if you have 3-7 year olds the pool is fab as it came up to the chest of my 4 year old and he was quite confident without his armbands. Think I have wittered enough! Lol! x
hi we were here end of april (26th)to begginning may (4th) and it was nice a quiet, not too quiet. The day we left there seemed to be loads of people arriving but the rep said that was classed as the start of the season. Was a good time to go, weather was lovely, hot.
:)
Has anybody stayed here before?
is it any good? are there restaurants/cafes/pubs nearby and are they any good?
any comments both good or bad would be greatly appreciated
  • Edited by David 2010-11-15 17:02:34
    Merged with existing topic, which may provide some useful info while you wait for further feedback
oops didn't see these earlier reports
thanks for merging them
Iwould appreciate it if anyone who has stayed there in the last 12 months could update this thread
cheers
hi all, going as a family of 4, 2 adults, 15yr old son and 9 yr old daughter, AI, soon. will my children be allowed to go to the bar to get there own drinks and ice cream, they have at other AIs and they like there own independence doing that.
also, i thought all of the pools were together, but reading one post it seems as though they are split up, is there a big pool with a shallow end for my daughter, she can swim fine, but just likes to put her snorkel and goggles on and explore, so if she can stand up that would be ideal for her.
is there somewhre at night that we could sit outside and enjoy a drink after weve been to mini disco, or are drinks only allowed inside?
what time in the morning do you have to get up to reserve sunbeds, ive heard that its not allowed at certain times of the year.
sorry for so many questions, but would really love to know. thanks in advance :cheers
I've just seen on Tripadvisor that LZ had a few apartments broken in to last week :/
better take some padlocks then!! 5 weeks and counting!! woo hoo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.