General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Playing Games
20 Posts
My Niggles??? :think

People trying to get me to take part in organised games!!! ;)
Must say I'm not much of a one for joining in organised games, preferring to stay on the lounger with my book. I will join in some aqua aerobics, and if there's a shooting competition, hubby always signs up.
and if there's a shooting competition, hubby always signs up

hehe, Us blokes need to get the practice in!!! :tup
I don't go for organised games either. A hotel I went to in Egypt did Yoga on the beach in the morning and that was lovely.

I know the sort of people you mean, though and they always seem to be so half-hearted about playing, which would wind me up if I was involved! Either join us sunlounger lizards or get up and about, don't do both, when you keep walking in front of my lounger you're blocking my sun!
For my 50th we went to the Dom.Rep.,and the animation team would not take no for answer. So there was I, reading my book on the sunbed :sun2 and I had to hide some tennis balls in the sand whilst not moving from my bed. I nearly got pushed off by the hunters. :yikes

I hate playing games.
a few years ago i was in a hotel where the animation team were a complete nuisance every day; they would not take no for an answer and after about 3 days and 18 times saying no thank you in english and spanish i got the real hump and advised the animation guy where to go. :swear he left me alone for the rest of the holiday.
a year later i was back in the same resort and he was in a different hotel, but was drinking in the same bar as me. we had a chat and he remembered me and he said he was very surprised it took me so long to be rude to him, as most british guests who did not want to participate ususally swore at him on the first or second time of his asking them to take part.
anyway, we are now very good friends and i always have a drink with him when i'm in spain.
he is going to be a bit surprised in 2 weeks time, as he is in a hotel in a different resort from where i normally go, but i am taking friends this time and we are staying in the hotel just along the road from his.
i may even take part in his games this time ;)
Here's my niggle!!!

I've seen this happen so many times too. The entertainment person comes round and asks if any children want to play Killer Pool. He can't get enough children to become involved, so invites adults too. All the children and the adults put their Euro into a pot and obviously, the winner takes all. Bearing in mind this was originally going to be a game for the kids and they have only asked the adults to make the numbers up - I always see one of the adults absolutely hammer the poor little kids, so they get the dosh at the end of the game.

He's the same adult you see all through the holiday taking part in absolutely every game going! Ping pong, water polo, french bowles, you name it - he's there. :duh ...... Cropping all the poor little kiddies when playing dads v lads football too!

And to top it all - he's always back at the entertainment by 9.30 pm to collect his certificates for that day :rofl

I'm sure I'll see one again this year on our holidays! Look out for him -there'll be one at your hotel too , I'm sure!!!
Well, I must admit, we usually stay in private apartments, sometimes not on a complex, but in a residential block, so we don't encounter this, however, we are off to an AL in jamaica in 2 weeks where this is on offer and I can honestly say that I'll be the first up for it !!! I'll try owt really, quite looking forward to doing the old package tour again where its all laid on after a lot of years of doing our own thing, I know our 8yr old will enjoy all the organised activities, it'll be a novelty !!
bring on the daft games !!!!!
My Husband likes to play the rifle shooting and archery. I don't bother so much now but in the evenings we are never alone because the men seem to form a bond and start chatting over drinks, usually complaining that the rifle does not shoot straight!!!!!
Silly Champagne games are our speciality!!!
I am not boasting but he is the reigning paper aeroplane manufacturer and thrower of several hotels!!!!!!

In the Algarve last week, the Team thought of a game consisting of 3 rubber chickens and we had to toss them into hula hoops which were numbered 10 to 50 points. It was so funny. As it had not been invented before(!!!) the game had no name.
One I thought of was 'cock-a-hoop' but I am sure you can think of some of the ruder ones that people made up!
I understand that some people don't like taking part but as I always say, each to his own.

Whilst on the subject, have you ever been to hotels where they have quizzes and people leave the answers for the following week's guests? A lady of 92 won a prize for Pop Music and most of the questions were about the Prodigy!!!!!

Give it a go, Juby 5 - I hope you will enjoy it!

We go on holiday to have a laugh and luckily, we succeed!!!!
Absolutely right somersetsuzie !! I reckon with all the doom and gloom about in the uk this year, its gotta be all about having a right good belly laff whilst on the hols !!
we really are looking forward to a reet good balance of chillin by beach/ pool, joining in with daft games and going on excursions !
:cheers
usually complaining that the rifle does not shoot straight!!!!!

See you've met my hubby before then Suzie :rofl He is a keen shooter and shoots all through the season. He doesn't seem to realise that his gun cost over £1500, while the one they have on hols probably onl;y cost around £25. :que Never mind - he'll be there this year again & complaining to me for an hour after! ;)
Hi Helen - Seems we have similar threads AND a similar sense of humour!
We might even have met up on our holiday?
I have no problem in anybody playing games, as long as they leave me out of it :) . Surely once you tell the animation team no thank you, they should leave you alone. They really got on my nerves during our last holiday to Egypt. If you wouldn't get up they'd sit on the edge of your sun lounger trying to coax you :yikes . I remember once getting up just to get away from him, and he fell off the edge. Needless to say he never sat on my lounger again! :rofl
I agree with you Marlou. Nobody should be made to feel uncomfortable.
Must admit, I have not experienced it but if I did, I too would walk -
but why should I be bullied? Probably that is why you are not in favour but in some
hotels we have visited, the Team walk around the pool area to announce the games.
If you want to take part it is up to you and if not the same applies.
Everyone enjoys their holidays in different ways and as with parties at home -
you can't make people enjoy themselves, can you?
One of hubby's favourite games is seeing how long he can stay asleep on the lounger - believe you me - sometimes that game can go on for hours :rofl :rofl
I was so glad i joined in the games one year as we had archery and rifle shooting
hubby is still alive tho :rofl . i agree that nobody should be pressurised into joining in
but i do like it when people do ,
It's like that time my mate asked me if I wanted to run a marathon with him. I said no way and he kept presuring me. He said, 'come on, it's for the handicapped and the blind' Then I thought to myself, 'I could win this' :D Only joking, it's good for morale!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.