Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
It sounds like quite a good deal to me, especially for a balcony cabin. Windjammer is the best person to advise you though as he has his finger on the pulse of all the deals.

There is a sticky topic at the top of the forum with useful links on how to get the best deals which you may find useful.

luci :wave
Must it be a cruise/stay? Must it be caribbean/florida? are dates fixed?

Check out the hotel on tripadvisor, Florida hotels need checking.

Not really up on the cruise/stay deals but price is not too bad for a balcony this 7night trip is on good discounts in the US, balcony cruise only around £450-£500. Ocean view should save around £150pp. So once you add flights its not bad. It stacks up well against the sea princess 7night ex-uk which is around £700 for a balcony(£450 inside)

One thing to check is the car arrangements is it 14 days and you have to pay for parking at the port or do you get transfers and 6days car hire(probably better).

Still a risk on the weather, still the season but I would not worry they will sort out the itinery if needed. we have been in the caribbean twice in sept.

Sept/oct the UK market still pushes europe and the transatlantics often good deals for the caribbean start around Nov.

We target <£1k 14nights inside cabins caribbean
I will go anywhere as long as the sea is calm and the weather hot.

I just thought of a cruise and stay cause my husband does not fancy a cruise so it suits both of us.

I would have to leave 28th September at the earliest and 2nd October at the latest.

I would preferably like to fly from Glasgow.
It sounds pretty good to me the Ramada Hotels are good quality, and a balcony would be fantastic for a first cruise.

Windjammer has made good points, especially about car hire and parking.
I can tell you that the ship is wonderful. You can take a virtual tour by going to http://www.cruisesinc.com just click on 'about cruising' and then take a virtual tour. The ship is beautiful. One of the best features is the MUTS (Movies under the stars) which is a lot of fun. They have a HUGE cinema screen over one of the pools,they show mostly Disney and family movies during the day but at night they put out loungers,bring hot popcorn and drinks around and blankets if you wish,and you can watch a good film while sailing along under the stars.HMMM. Entertainment and food were great when we were onboard. There are 4 pools,one of them adults only.
Your itinerary is good except I don't care for Jamaica- it is beautiful but not very safe any more- do some reading about the port (Ocho Rios)there or take only ship sponsored excursions. The other ports are great,as is the private island (in the Bahamas)- that is THE best day of the cruise.
As far as the hotel,I haven't stayed there- take a look at tripadvisor.com-
in the search box put Ramada Plaza and Inn, Gateway and you will see mostly good traveler reviews. There are some negative comments but I think you would find that anywhere and they are not in the majority.
I think you have found a very good deal. Princess is a very classy cruiseline,lots of attention to details. On your cruise there will usually be two formal nights- you can wear something suitable for cocktail hour or go for the whole ballgown and tuxedo outfits,either way is suitable. That's all I can think of for now but I wouldn't hesitate to sail that ship again,we had a very good time.

Oh- how could I forget- go to http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com it is someone's personal website and very enjoyable. I spent many happy hours reading these pages.
you don't need to go further than HT for reviews :D
Have a look here!
Fiona- I looked at those HT reviews but there are only 4 and 3 of them are a couple of years old. Since that date the hotel has been re furbished so I directed MYVOT to tripadvisor since there are many recent reviews. :)
One other thing I would check is if the price included fully inclusive car insurance, which you do need.

If it does not then that will cost an extra £100+ for a week
And I omitted to mention that Caribbean Princess sails from Fort Lauderdale, which is about a 200 mile drive from Orlando.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.