Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
What normally applies in severe water shortages is that the hotel displays a sign in the bathroom stating the water conservation info. I doubt that there will be a cutoff installed but guests should follow the
guidelines.
I think that there is a water shortage pretty much nationwide though I'm not sure about restrictions in other states. So it's obviously a good idea to keep water use down to a minimum.
Hi Claire

Yes we have water restrictions in most of Australia in some places it is more servere then others most hotels have a sign up in the bath room do not wast water and the shower heads only have a fine shower head on them there is no cut off time on them
This is something we are liveing with and I am shough you will also when you come out here and lets hope there is lots of rain in the area of the dams by May
Hi Judith & Chubby

Thanks for your replies.
Claire, we're just back from Queensland and there is a water shotage, but it won't affect you in the hotels. They are still allowed to water their lawns, but only at certain times. We just had a 2 week period of heavy showers and it raised the water levels quite a bit. Some places had 4" in a day, so it was just like Yorkshire.
I've just done a slide show of my photos with backing music from an aborigine called something like Pamayungun titled "Bringers of the rain".

The weather is warming up nicely now, so enjoy!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.