Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Cha Am
9 Posts
£670 seems a great deal,who are the travel agents? :) wouldnt mind some of that.where are you flying from also?,thanks
yes it is a bargain, I didnt book it but I know it is with a recognised ABTA/ATOL etc agent (we were stung big time last year by a thai travel agent- :duh never again!) I will ask the name and let you know.
Flying from Heathrow with Eva air. Weekend flights as well- My mother in law (well near enough!) is a star!
That's the ex-Regent Cha-Am I believe. It's a nice place with long sandy beach, but the nearest nightlife is the 30 minutes to Hua Hin. It's very different from Phuket and Phi-Phi. Beaches aren't as good. But for just getting some sun and relaxing, can't be beaten price wise!
Thanks Sam, My mother in law has been before- about 6 years ago and said that there is a village with a few bars near the hotel- that will do us for nightlife. We will probably take a taxi/tuk tuk to Hua Hin a couple of times. Ive seen pic of the beaches and your right it doesnt look as picturesque as Koh Samui or Phuket but as long as it is clean then we really wont mind.

Les: The holiday was booked through Destinology (destinology.co.uk) However she called the number on the website and booked on the phone- I am not sure if that made a difference to the price. We have paid a deposit (balance due 12 weeks before) and have recieved confirmation so all seems fine.
I walked round the hotel many years ago (19 if I recall). It is as Sam says somewhat remote. We actually stayed in Cha'am beach area which is a resort very popular with Thais and geared up to their needs...so some good Thai restuarants at reasonable prices. As Sam points out the beach is not upto Phuket/Phi-Phi standards, we never fancied a dip in the sea, but its still a great place to relax. It's also a good place to do a number of trips from...you can do the River Kwai as a day trip quite easily. Hua Hin for the night market and restaurants in the evening. Petchaburi is not far, and the Sam Roi Yod national park.
I stayed at the Regent Cha Am some years ago and they had their own shuttle bus service into Hua Hin several times each day. I was quite happy with the hotel but I stayed in Hua Hin on my next visit as I wanted a bit more choice of restaurants etc.
oooh thanks sunbear, it would be good to do a couple of day trips while we are there. Last October we did Bangkok- 1 night Phi phi- 6 nights and Phuket 7 nights which was great. However this holiday is mainly for chilling out :sun2 and I am looking forward to unpacking and staying put for 2 weeks. Ive heard there are horses on the beach in cha am too, I have always wanted to ride on the beach but just didnt get the chance in Phuket so its definately on my to do list this time.
I am getting excited already and there is still 6 months to go (27 weeks to be precise!) :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.