Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hi Im diabetic and therefore have to carry medication and also sharps. I have got a letter from my doctor stating this and ive never had any problems.
We've never had problems either; it was just the thought of passing through an airport in a country with a known anti-drugs policy. Whilst prescription drugs are obviously needed (hubby is also a diabetic) I didn't fancy the officials having a field day with what he carries with him.
I always take a copy of 'Sir's' prescription when we travel and also keep the medication in the original packaging, complete with dispensary labels.
Hi Babs

Australian law requires all prescription medication to be in original packaging, in the same name of the passport holder. Keep yours meds in your hand luggage in case your suitcase goes walkabout.

We do take medication with us and have flown to BKK many times and never had a problem. It is wise to have a Dr's letter with you... but, I've always forgotten to ask for one.

Have a great trip.

Cheers Geri (Melbourne)
Oh!!! I take tablets for high blood pressure, which although were prescribed by a doctor in the first place many years ago, I can buy over the counter here in spain. Therefore none of the packaging has my name actually on it!!! I am soon to be cruising and visiting the US, Australia, NZ and Singapore. I have never had any trouble travelling in Europe with these tablets, but now wondering what I should do re my upcoming cruise? Any suggestions?? Thanks :)
Ooops!!! :( I see this question is now in the wrong forum, could admin please move it to where it should be... cos I'm not even sure exactly where it is!!! sorry :(
Hi Madsue

Just to clarify the reason behind the Aussie rule. Australian prescription medications are heavily subsidised by the Government. It's my understanding this law is to prevent people coming into Australia and somehow gaining massive amounts of prescription medications and leaving with a case load.

I'm sure you'll be all right but a Dr's letter might be a good idea.

Cheers Gerry
slightly :offtop does anyone know if there are issues taking HRT tablets in hand luggage, i.e. I assume I don't need a GP confirmation letter.

I'd be grateful if anyone knows.

:tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.