Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi :wave: The 2 bed apartments were in seperate blocks from the 1 beds so there's ground floor and 1st floor ones if you have a preference. Our 1 bed was overlooking the uppper pool which was lovely as it was fairly quiet too. I recall there was definately 1 small block of 2 beds by us so may be worth asking for one overlooking the upper pool. I have some photos that I'll try to post on here later.

A couple of tips I can think of at the moment - There are 2 supermarkets opposite the apartments - Don't use Spar as it's very expensive, Topmarket is much better, cheaper and better stocked. Even better are the hypermarkets in Cuitadella, we used Discont and Lidl, loads cheaper than resort.

Consider hiring a car if you haven't already, we did and it really made our holiday. The island has some lovely scenery and resorts and it's fairly easy to get around.

If you plan on using the beaches, the beds and parasols are really expensive (around 20 eu per day for 2beds and parasol). We bought a couple of beachmats and a parasol and just left them there for other guests when we went home.

Most of the restaurants in the resort are really good. A couple I'd recommend for good food and service would be La Fontana, by the bandstand, and Piccolo, both really good with the children. Fiesta tex mex has a large play room at the back and they keep the children entertained by dressing up as clowns and furry animals, and face painting - food is ok there - not fantastic but your 3 year old may like it.

Will come back on if I think of anything else!
Hi Nic,
Thanks for all the info, you have been a great help and its very much appreciated.

Just one more thing, if I were to go to the supermaket in Cuitedella would I need a car or be able to use the public bus service?
Thanks again Dan
There is a regular bus service into Cuitadella but because we had the car we didn't use it. They looked very clean and modern though and I'm not 100% certain but I think I recall seeing a bus stop outside Discont. Hopefully someone else will come on and confirm whether that's right or not. It's down to whether you want to be carting bags of shopping on buses when you could be relaxing by the pool though :sun2 :think
hi nic, you have been a great helps thanks. not much chance for relaxing by the pool with a 3 year old but i will try. c ya Dan :wave:
Me my partner and my 12 year old daughter are visiting these apartments for the first time for a week end of August. Has anyone stayed there and if so what are they like? Will we have problems getting sunbeds round the pool?!
Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

Stayed at the Paradise Club last 2 weeks of August last year, myself, husband and 2 children. They are lovely apartments and in a brilliant location for the resort being just across the road from the marina. I'm sure your 12 year old will love it there as there's plenty going on during the day so she's bound to make lots of friends.

Do you like getting up early on holiday? I was shocked on our first morning when I happened to peep outside at 5 am and witnessed people starting to reserve sun beds :yikes I'm afraid that all beds were usually taken by around 8 am. The first few days we just went to the beach in the morning and returned for some lunch and we found that beds would then start to become free from around 3.30 so we'd have a couple of hours then. We hired a car (highly recommended) for a week in the middle of the fortnight so didn't go round the pool until we'd returned from a days out late afternoon when we didn't have a problem. The last few days I joined the early morning crowd and had to get our beds 'reserved' by around 7.30 latest.

It's a lovely resort and I'm sure you'll have a great time. I did consider rebooking for this year but the price had increase by £500 on last year.

Hope this helps, if you've got any specific questions fire away and I'll do my best to answer.
Thats brilliant thank you and really helpful. I am an early riser on holiday as is my daughter but to be up and having reserved a sunbed by 8am is even a little excessive for me !!!! I do love the beach so would probably do the same as you did and go to the beach in the morning, maybe then have some lunch, then spend the afternoon at the pool. I must admit most of the reviews I have read about the Paradise Club sound good. I cant really work out from my booking form with Thomas Cook as to whether we have a one bedroomed apartment or a studio so am still not sure whether we will have a separate bedroom.

When I was first looking at the price of holidays to go in the school summer break I was horrified and it just seemed to be a stroke of luck getting this week at the Paradise Club for just over £1,000 because when I looked again a few weeks ago (we booked in October last year) it had gone up by £400.00.

Will it be really hot? My boyfriend is not overly keen on it being too hot and as its our first holiday together and I chose it, I hope he will be happy with my choice!!!
We didn't find it too hot although the temperature signs outside said around 37 degrees most days but there was always a cooling breeze. The apartments have air conditioning so at least if it is hot you can have cool down in you room. I was expecting it to be too hot as we hadn't been in August before but we found it ok and pretty comfortable.

With regards your room, what does it say on your invoice? You could always give them (Thomas Cook) a call if it's not clear.

Sounds like you did well with the cost aswell. When I phoned for a quote at the end of August last year it would have been just over £2500 for the four of us for the same 2 weeks that we only paid £2000 for last year. Although I liked it there I felt the increase was just too much. I booked Cala Galdana instead which we visited and is beautiful...roll on August...10 weeks and counting :cheers
Thats good then. I love it when its hot but I know the other two will get flustered !!!!!!

I have had another look at my invoice and it looks like we have a one bedroomed apartment for 3. What confused me was that a couple of months ago I phoned to ask if we could add an extra child on the booking and the lady at Thomas Cook said no because the apartment only slept 3. That made me think it was a studio with 3 beds. Now I am thinking that there is a bedroom with twin beds and that the sofa bed in the lounge area is probably just a small one.

Cala Gadana was the other resort I was looking at as I have always wanted to go there. I think we went with Paradise Club in the end because we could not seem to get the suitable flights and accommodation for the date we needed to travel.

Yes I am very excited too - what date do you go? We go 22nd August. I wish we were going for 2 weeks but as I said before its our first holiday the 3 of us so just wanted to make sure we could all put up with each other. I am a bit worried that my daughter will get fed up on her own with us two, but am hoping she will make some friends in the complex.
Really don't think your daughter will get bored...there were plenty around her age when we were there. Loads going on for them during the day...so she'll no doubt make friends.

We stayed in a 1bed apartment and there are 2 sofa beds in the lounge but one is smaller than the other so I think only suitable for a young child so perhaps that's why you couldn't add another to your booking. It's worth emailing the hotel around 2 weeks before you go with any room requests - we asked for a quiet 1st floor room overlooking the pool and that's exactly what we got, couldn't have been better really. The website if you don't already have it is http://www.marhotels.com Think I found the contact details on there.

I think Cala'n Bosch is an ideal place for a first visit to Menorca as it has a good balance of what you need for a family holiday. A couple of nice (but smallish) beaches, lovely marina to walk around, and plenty of nice restaurants. The atmosphere in the evenings is really safe and family orientated, we shall definately visit again from Cala Galdana.

We go 14th August for weeks, it'll be my 5th visit to Menorca. We love it there, it's quieter than a lot of places but we find there's just enough going on without being OTT and so picturesque too.
Has anyone been to these apartments since the kids broke up from school this summer? We are going on Saturday 22nd Aug for a week and wondered whether we will have a problem getting a sunbed by the pool? Was wondering whether it would be better to go to the beach in the morning and the pool later on when maybe there may be more sunbeds??
Hiya

We have just arrived back from staying at these apartments and would advise that the sunbeds are far easier to get this year than they were (apparantly) last year.

If you want to go down and get a particular spot around the pool then people were putting their towels out about 7.30 - 8am ish but you could always get a sunbed around the pool no matter what time you went down. We came back to the complex about lunchtime one day, after shopping, and managed to get three sunbeds. There are plenty chained up at the side of the complex and the management won't hesitate in getting some for you if you ask at reception.

last year the apartments were full of british holidaymakers and friends told us that you had to be down at the pool about 6am to get a bed. This year, probably due to the recession, the complex was part british, part spanish and dutch staying and I think this made the sunbeds easier to get, to be honest.

Any other queries or questions ask away, I will try to help out as best I can. Enjoy your hols, I'm sure you'll have a fab time

Ali x

PS Beach was packed every day, with no shade to be had and very expensive to hire sunbeds etc.
Welcome home Ali. When you have time, it would help if you could update our reviews page for this complex, as it has been lacking any input for a long while ... please click here,

Many thanks.
David :wave
That is really helpful thank you. Sounds like it should be okay when we go next week then.

I wonder if you could help me out with a couple of other queries - my daughter who is 12 is wondering whether there is any internet access in the reception (typical can't live without a computer for a week!) and my boyfriend wants to know what the prices are like generally (especially the beer!!!). Me, I just wondered whether it gets very hot or whether there is a breeze and is the apartment set up with one bedroom with twin beds then a bed settee in the lounge?

Thanks
Vanessa :)
Hi Vanessa

Your daughter sounds exactly like my 12 year old daughter lol !! Tell her not to worry as there are three computers in reception with internet access and some in the small amusement room as well. Plenty to go around

Prices are about the same as over here I'm afraid - we paid about 10 euros for a round of drinks - one pint of beer, bacardi breezer and two kids lemonades. If you are eating out at night there are a wide range of restaurants around the harbour - the best and by far the cheapest was El Patos - but they all have their menus outside.

Not sure about the accommodation as we stayed in a two bedroomed apartment (a bit of a long story) but do think that the settee in the lounge doubled up as bed as well. The weather was quite hot while we were there but most days there was a lovely breeze to cool you down. If not a quick dip in the pool did the trick.

Have a good holiday - I know you will and anything else just ask.

Ali x
Thanks for the information its really helpful. I thought the prices would be about the same as at home so we have made sure we have saved up !!

I was hoping that the settee would be like a proper bed as knowing us lot we will chop and change where we sleep!

It will be nice for my daughter if there is some other girls there around her age. She would say that she is not vrey good at making the first move at making friends on holiday but I know how much more of a fun time she will have if she does not have to spend all week with us (we think we are fun but in a "nearly teenager"s eyes we are just plain annoying !!! :)
Has anyone stayed here all inclusive and if so, what is the food like and choice of drinks, ice creams for kids etc?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.