Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I am considering the above Hotel (or something similar). My children are 14 and 12 and I want to make sure they have plenty to do. They both love football and water (slides, sports, snorkelling..) and we love great food with no loud brits in football shirts!

Has anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks
Hi

I have split your post from the Just Back topic so that it may get a better response.

We have some up to date reviews HERE

luci :wave
Have stayed here for the last 2 years and thoroughly recommend it with a couple of things to think about.

There are lots of children of that age group, so they will meet other kids, they can play football, tennis, swim etc. The hotel team organise pool games for each age group every day. You are very near Son Xoriguer beach (2 mins). It's a 10-15 min walk into Cala'n Bosch so in the evening you need to take a stroll. If you go when it's very hot you won't want to walk during the day! There are scuba/snorkelling activities arranged at the hotel or the nearby beach. There are kids clubs for all age groups run by the hotel and also by Cosmos if that is who you are booking with. It does work out much cheaper to book flights and hotel separately on the internet.

The food is good, but if you are going for more than a week you might not want the half board option for the whole time, as it can be a bit repetitive. The restaurants in Cala'n Bosch are great, lively and the children will love the buzz there in the evening.

I would say that this hotel is great for children of this age. By the way, you can book an apartment or hotel rooms. The difference is that you would all be together in an apartment, but wouldn't be if booking hotel rooms, as they will only fit 3 of you (apartments are also cheaper even with the half board option). They are all in the same location though.

This hotel has a really good mix of spanish, italian, irish, scottish, dutch, german and english people!

The evening entertainment leaves a lot to be desired, despite the best efforts of the staff! A lot of families will go to the marina in the evenings though, so this needn't worry you. The bars and restaurants have music, quizzes, pool tables etc etc so you wouldn't be bored.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.