Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
is there a tabac shop nearby?
regards tracey
trasjohno wrote:
is there a tabac shop nearby?
As far as I know, they don't have "tabac" shops (with fixed prices) in the Canaries in the same way they have them on Mainland Spain - the islands are outside the EU and have their own tax laws so tobacco products are much cheaper than the rest of the EU (but you can only bring home 200 cigs per adult ).
You will find lots of shops selling tobacco products; the perfume shops often have good prices (but don't buy perfume over there - it's cheaper at home). All the supermarkets - Netto, Spar etc sell cigarettes and tobacco and many souvenir shops sell them too. There is a supermarket right near your apartments and lots more shops further up the main street. Shop around if you have time, but whatever you pay it'll be cheaper than anywhere in the EU and much cheaper than at home :wink:
How long till you go now? Have a fantastic time - I'm so envious, I wish I was going back to Caleta! :sun
hi cyberspacekadette,
we go today fly at 15.30 from manchester.
thanks for all you help.
tracey x
arrived back on wed 2/9/09 stayed 11 nights and the resort was very quite with not may people in the bars. we always go in august on holiday and have never been anywhere so quite it felt like march/april, suppose this must be due to poor pound/credit crunch
we enjoyed are holiday trying different bars and resturants and the weather was great would go to the island again but would try a different resort that was a bit more canarian than caleta as it was a bit too british for me.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.