Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Nice area, close to Fanabe, busy on Market days. Nice appt is its a Sunterra one, maybe not so modern and nice fittings if its an independently owned one.
Really nice complex,we`ve stayed they a few times now and enjoyed our stay there every time,not much entertainment there it`s self but your close enough to the places with enterainment,you wont go wrong by booking these apts.
thank you both for your replies both helpful :lol:
Hi

I wonder if someone could answer a question that I have about the Peublo Torviscas apartments.

I know that they have 3 pools but are any of them heated in January?

Am thinking of booking a last minute hol for a couple of weeks time. Have been before at this time of year and although weather is lovely and sunbathing not a problem, the water in the pools has been freezing.

Have found 2 holidays - one at Villa Adeje Beach (which says it has heated pool) and one at Pueblo Torviscas apartments.

Thanks for any help.
Pueblo Torviscas also goes by the more commonly used name of Sunset Harbour. The complex is run by Sunterra and is very popular. It is very well kept and located. I don't know if any of the pools are heated but here is a link to their website so you could always email or ring them and ask.

I don't think you will be disappointed if you decide to go to this complex.

http://secure.sunterra.com/US/rs-l3.aspx?resort=SHC
I got back from staying at the Pueblo Torviscas apartments a couple of hours ago. I have to admit that I have no idea about the temperature of the pools but I will say that plenty of people were lying around the sides but I can't say that I saw anyone actually swimming which must tell you something!

By the way, there is some building work going on outside the apartments. There is a road that runs down the side but the work is actually on the bit of grass between the road and the apartments. It looks like there's going to be another road or something there, anyway, they start work at 8.00 am and are using noisy machines and mixers. It looks as if the work will be going on for some time. It probably wouldn't be too much of a problem if you had an apartment on the far side of the complex, but apartments that were on the beach side which is where our apartment was, were right by the side of the work. It wasn't a problem as we're early risers but it could be a problem for anyone who likes their sleep.

I don't know where the other hotel is located but the Pueblo Torviscas apartments are very close to two beaches and the harbour.
The work that is being done is actually the installation of storm drains to prevent flooding in the area. The drains have already been laid and all that is now left is the cometic finishing off. I was in that area today and the heavy work which you talk about Spindles is all but complete. All the wok has been going on for many months and we will all be pleased to see it completed.
Thanks for your replies. We have now booked an apartment for the Pueblo Torviscas complex - off on 27th Jan!

I know about the road works, as they have been going on for sometime and we stayed in the area both in August & April last year. It should be a problem for us as we dont tend to sleep late.

Cant wait to get some sun, will have to hope it's warm enough for a swim - as been when we have been out there in March & October, but December was a little cooler. Not really a problem.

Thanks again
Click Here For our reviews of these apartments and also to add one if you have stayed here recently.

Many Thanks 8)
Hi could anyone tell me if these apts and surrounding area would be suitable for a wheel chair user? we can manage the odd step or too,but we wouldn't want to get there and find we were up a steep hill. Lynne
Should be ok with the Apts as they have got lifts to the upper levels,but the surrounding area is quite hilly but it is wheelchair friendly in a fashion with ramps at the side of the steps which we were glad with as we were there with our little one in a buggy,but be warned some of the slopes are long and steep.
hi,
been looking at holidays, i have read the reviews on both these apartments the panorama is half board, but dont know what the food is like ?

there would just be me and my other half we want to be fairly close to places especially beach, but a nice area and nice and quiet for a relaxing break, can anyone tell me what food is like in panorama,
and which of these two would you reccommend?????
be our 1st time to tenerife, and we dont want any regrets, any help would be great,
thanks
Hi

I have never stayed at Panama, but have stayed in Peublo torviscas twice and loved it. Hubby and I are in our 40's and were some of the younger people there, but we liked it as it meant that the complex was nice and quiet and relaxed. Very few children around the pool. We rented privately and were self-catering, but as we have stayed in this area several times we knew that we could eat relatively cheaply in several different restaurants. The location of the complex is excellent - right near the beach, bars & restaurants.
There is a nice pool/snack bar another pool bar and an excellent restaurant on site with entertainment every night.

We would certainly stay on the complex again.

Hope this helps.
I stayed in sunset harbour in 2007 it was nice enough but and its a big but we were overun with cockroaches.
Sunset Harbour is wonderful - understand it has changed a bit since 2002 - now got nice pool bar and restaurant. We are going on 5th and can't wait! Last of celebrations for a big birthday last week....
We are looking to stay in the Pueblo Torviscas Apartments next year. Does anyone know the apartments and what is the nightlife like in the area for families in particular my 13 year old son.
we stayed at the Pueblo last year in July with our 2 sons who were 14 and 16 at the time and 2 friends of outs , (we are 40!). There is plenty to do around the area, the waterpark is not far way all be it up a hill it is within walking distance, but a taxi would't cost alot. There is a mixture of nationalities at the apartments as some are privately owned, by I assumed the spanish. Beach not far either, just down the road and there are loads of bars and shops right by apartments, but you don't hear any noise from them apart from the bar on the complex (which is privately owned and the staff are excellent and really friendly) but that stops at certain time. Its a great base and we all in all had a brill holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.