Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Windsurfing
7 Posts
You can look at the 3 Rhodes webcams on http://www.yassou.com

Two of them show the windsurfing beaches and refresh every 3 seconds. Just like being there, really!
Ixia is more popular because it's on the windier side of the island (West coast). The East coast isn't nearly as windy though i suppose on a good day you might be able to windsurf - i've never seen anybody windsurfing at Tsambika beach though. Kolymbia and Afandou are only a short drive from Tsambika anyway if you want to check them out.
I know windsurfing and kite surfing at Prasonisi is very popular, that's the most Southern tip of the island. It's a vast beach where the Med and Aegean meet so it's a very windy spot.
Prasonisi right down at the bottom tip is totally brilliant for windsurfing - and a lovely beach in its own right for the rest of the family too
Thanks for your comments.

Packing our bags now ready for a very early trip to Gatwick in the morning. :think

Just found out that Thomas Cook Airlines have limited the hold baggage to 15 kg per person so half the clothing has got to come out. :duh
We are back after an exceptionally sunny 2 weeks. :sun2

Temperatures made it to 37c on one day but generally around 30c. :tongue

The windsurfing was conducted at Prasonisi. Expensive for one to one lessons but very worthwhile. We did look at one other location on the east coast but it was very German and not particularly inviting.

Prasonisi is one of those must visit places although our first trip was just after a windy and rough night which had left a number of camper vans parked in 3 inches of water rather than high and dry on the sandbank. :rofl

Tsambika beach had all the usual water sports but no windsurfing (as expected) so the teenager had to try parascending behind a speed boat instead! :yikes

Eating out prices were interesting. The standard evening family meal for us was 2 starters, 3 main courses, a couple of soft drinks and 1 litre of local white wine. :tongue The cost of which varied between Euro 53 and 56, getting as high as 64 in Lindos. The best though for price and quality was at the Stegna Star on, obviously, Stegna beach which came in at Euro 37!!

Back at work now and planning next years trip already.
My Hubby & Son have windsurfed at Pras last year and this, thoroughly loved it, yes its not cheap but they hire for the day and think its great because its all geared up and they can just change their rigs a s they please. Alot of places in greece say watersports but this does NOT mean windsurfing and some that do hire boards are very basic.

We stay in Pefkos so the boys hire a car for maybe three days , its only about 25 mins away. It really is such a shame that more places dont have the facilities as the wind conditions are soo good in the Greek Isles.

Scruggs - hope your son has continued with his Windsurfing, and found somewhere close to home to do it?? We live right in the midlands and have to rely on a lake which is 30 minutes away!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.