Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
where to go ?
7 Posts
Please help, have spent hours on the net looking & still cant decide :) :think
You could have a look at hotels such as the Tubkaak and the Amari Vogue in Krabi. They will be expensive that time of year as it is peak season. They are also in a very quiet location with few, if any local restaurants around, but are on a good beach with easy access to outlying islands such as Koh Hong. Or if you want more life you could head to Ao Nang. The beach there is not great, its mainly used as a staging post for day trips to outlying islands and Railey beach which is a stunning location. Ao Nang itself is a lively family friendly resort with plenty of bars and restaurants. You could also take a look at Phi-Phi island, although this would involve a transfer by boat from either Krabi or Phuket and you only have four days hols so you don't want to waste too much of it travelling. The same applies to the island of Koh Lanta.

Getting to Krabi is easy as there is an airport, from there its a half hour transfer to Ao Nang, or transfer from Phuket which takes a couple of hours.

In previous years (prior to the economic downturn) many hotels will be booked out this time of year so best to book up soon.

If you give us some idea of budget and the type of holiday you are looking for someone should be able to help.
As Sunbear said Tubkaak & Amari will be expensive, but there is a newish hoetl (Anyavee Tubkaek?) next door which may be cheaper. But book early, I know some places are full already. And some places have a 5 night minimum stay over that time of year...

But it entirely depends on your budget. I feel you'd be safe pretty much anywhere you went (might get harrassed by drunk Westerners in parts of Phuket... but).

If your budget is somewhere south of £80-£100 i'd be tempted to look at hotels around Railey beach. Remember that Krabi isn't an island - neither is Railey Beach - but it's only accessible by boat from Krabi, is amazingly beautiful and has a bunch of cheaper guesthouses. Maybe have a look through Trip Advisor.
We stayed in Krabi at the Centara Beach resort..very pricey but very beautifl. The nearest beach area to us was Ao Nang..which was ok at night and I would say as 2 females you will be ok.

You could also fly down to Phuket from Bangkok, but this will be busy as it is peak season..and there will be plenty of western tourists about in either resort.
Hi,

I live here in Phuket and I think its quite a safe place to stay. By the way - its really nice here. I personally prefer the Kata, Karon and Rawai beach area. Its just more quiet and beautiful. Patong for example is overcrowded and you don`t want to go there with a child. I found the smaller Kata beach very pleasant as well (Kata Noi). If you are down here, visit us in any case we can help you around a bit. We are in Chalong and have a Meditation center over there. maybe we can show you some nice parts of the Island while you two are here.
have a beautiful trip.
With best regards
Tobi and parn
We stayed at the Katathani and found it superb..the beach at Kata Noi is excellent and very quiet..it was only a short walk to the more livelier areas of Kata and a short Tuk Tuk ride to Karon. Our dive boat sailed from Chalong Bay every day.

We are thinking of a return to Thailand but would probably miss out Krabi this time and stay a few days in Kata or Karon and then head somewhere else..maybe Ko Samui or maybe even further north and visit Chang mai..we have only visited Thailand once but fell in love with almost everything about it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.